Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxlady said:
Is it an itchy dress?

Lol Taxlady! My bet is it was the "two year old" screaming and it was Santa that was "itchy"! My two year old Granddaughter had the same reaction to Santa this year, so did a co-workers two year-old. He just scares the stuffing out of them! :)

Lol Taxlady! My bet is it was the "two year old" screaming and it was Santa that was "itchy"! My two year old Granddaughter had the same reaction to Santa this year, so did a co-workers two year-old. He just scares the stuffing out of them! :)

You know, this might sound odd, but I distinctly remember the Mall, Santa, Lap thing I had as a small child.

It scared the hell outta me! They put me on the lap of this big fat guy with bad breath, a face as red as a beet, and he started shouting HO-HO-HO directly into my ear from 6 inches away while bouncing me on his bony knees. Felt like someone poking me in the butt with a stick. I screamed until my Mom got me the heck back off this insane looking guys knee and then some!

Mom's, it may not be quite as fun as it looks like from where you stand.

It was like dead man's breath; Stale Coffee, stale cigarettes, and somehow, like poop.

One of the scariest moments in my young life!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::(:LOL:

I always hated cell phones, and swore I would never get one, but since my separation I got one to keep in contact with my daughter at all times, seeing as I don't live with her anymore.
Anyway, last night she was heading to Southern Ontario to spend xmas with her mother's big family and we ended up playing eye spy over the cell phones while she was en route in the truck. We had some great laughs(lol's), and it felt good hang out with her, even though she was a couple of hundred miles away heading the other direction at 65 miles an hour...

One of the scariest moments in my young life!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::(:LOL:
Hmmm, I don't feel so deprived anymore that I never got a picture taken with Santa! :ermm:

My friend's young boys got their first picture together with Santa and I have a copy of it. The eight year old looks totally bored ("do I HAVE to do this?") and the five year old looks like he is ready to bolt the second the flash went off.....and he did, right into Mom's arms!

Oh, my neighbour's car is gone so I know he got the gift! I know he will suspect me, but I am not actually supposed to have a key to the upstairs so he would wonder how I got there. I was given one on the condition I didn't tell anyone so that I could practice my stair walking....our townhouse is all ground level.

No one smiling today?

I'm smiling. Or I was just before I went to bed last night.

Glenn finished brushing his teeth and had already gone into the bedroom to get into bed. I followed to brush my teeth and....

There, on the big mirror above our sinks, was a sweet Valentine message written with a bar of soap.:wub::heart: I loved it and I'm still smiling. I'm not going to erase it until tomorrow so I can enjoy it for another full day. I'm still smiling.

Katie, thanks for sharing and for bring this thread back from the deep! Glenn's "superhero power" is definitely romance! :LOL:

I had a lovely day with DH yesterday. Instead of going to the lake as planned, we went more local to one of the many seaside communities out here. We took the pups with us and went to an off leash park along the water. We picked up lattes to keep us warm and watched as Violet and Joie had a great time. Violet went to the water's edge with the "big dogs" and got feet and head wet, while Joie lost himself in a sea of small black and white dogs - there must have been half a dozen of them all different but similar and all together. Everyone was chuckling at it. :)

We, too, had a nice Valentine's Day. I did my normal morning thing (on Tuesdays that means walking down to Zumba), came home, showered, and we went to lunch at our favorite sushi bar to visit with our favorite Chinese family (OK, OK, yes, I know and don't ask me why a Chinese family runs a Japanese restaurant, but they do). They'd just returned from a trip home to visit family for lunar new year. So we sat and chatted. There were a couple of toddlers there (children of the family) and I gave them each a dollar for a happy new year present, and everyone was delighted. then walked to the other end of the street (a half mile or so) to buy some cheese, then back to visit with our favorite publican before heading up the hill to home. Spent the evening with a bottle of bubbly and cheese and bread in front of the fire. Nice, all around.

Serendipidous Surprise

Before I left to go shopping yesterday, I cleaned out my pocketbook and removed my stash of Sudoku puzzles that were getting ratty.

When I got back from shopping, I checked my mail and found that my Step-Mom had sent me a little package.

Believe it or not, it's a battery operated Sudoku game with a neat carrying case.

Talk about timing! I've got a big smile from the gift, and from the note that says everyone there is doing well.

This cartoon:

Attachments

• add.gif
    add.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 161
My smile came today seeing my 60 pound border collie/boxer curl up beside my father on his small hospital bed without waking him or crowding him in any way. They slept peacefully for about 45 minutes when he woke up. He wasn't startled at all to see her there and had tears in his eyes.

One of the nurses asked if she could put Violet on the payroll to comfort other patients! I told her she is a one man dog! :LOL:

Watching Shrek trying to pick up Latté and give her some loving. She had all 4 legs and tail stuck out straight and looking at me with "SAVE me" on her face.

Oh! Yesterday...walking out of work I smelled skunk! Spring is near.

that should be listed as an example of optimism in the dictionary.

my smile today comes once again from my sprog.

i've obviously taken him out to dinner too many times. we were playing together, and when we took a cartoon break he gave me a dollar and said it was a tip for being an excellent dad. lol.

i'm going to save that dollar for the rest of my life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom