Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning on the way to work there was a doe and her fawn trying to cross the street and cars kept zipping by. I stopped and let them get across, as they reached the other side of the street the sprinklers came on. At first the doe shied away, but finally walked through it. The fawn was jumping and racing through the sprinklers, back and forth...so cute. Started off my day just perfect!

Last edited:
This morning on the way to work there was a doe and her fawn trying to cross the street and cars kept zipping by. I stopped and let them get across, as they reached the other side of the street the sprinklers came on. At first the doe shied away, but finally walked through it. The fawn was jumping and racing through the sprinklers, back and forth...so cute. Started off my day just perfect!
How wonderful. It just seems to bring a smile to you face. HUH.
ma

Fiona, how cool to see deer on your way to work, especially frolicking little ones. That would sure make me smile, too!

I had a lot of smiles this week but the biggest one today was at the Kid's Day Camp.

We served the blue cupcakes and one of the leaders told me of a conversation between two of her kids.
Kid 1 "Wow, these are really good. Do you remember the Panda ones last year?"
Kid 2 "Yeah, and these are even better. I wonder what the cupcake will be next year....bet it is even more awesome!"

Out of the mouths of babes ;) I guess I will be making cupcakes for all the last day snacks from now one :rolleyes: My heart soars when I can make kids/people happy with my creations!

I had a lot of smiles this week but the biggest one today was at the Kid's Day Camp.

We served the blue cupcakes and one of the leaders told me of a conversation between two of her kids.
Kid 1 "Wow, these are really good. Do you remember the Panda ones last year?"
Kid 2 "Yeah, and these are even better. I wonder what the cupcake will be next year....bet it is even more awesome!"

Out of the mouths of babes ;) I guess I will be making cupcakes for all the last day snacks from now one :rolleyes: My heart soars when I can make kids/people happy with my creations!

Bringing smiles and happiness to kids is one of life's rewards. :angel:

Bringing smiles and happiness to kids is one of life's rewards. :angel:
For years I was bitter that I didn't have children of my own. Instead I get to to spend my time with everyone else's children. It isn't the same in many ways, but in others it is even better! :)

For years I was bitter that I didn't have children of my own. Instead I get to to spend my time with everyone else's children. It isn't the same in many ways, but in others it is even better! :)

I am nobody's Mother, but everyone's mother. I got to be a Mom again today, asking the nice young man who bought Shrek's motorcycle if he had a helmet. He rolled his eyes and said, "Ma'am, you sound just like my Mom." I said, "Thank you." and he did have a helmet.:)

I am nobody's Mother, but everyone's mother. I got to be a Mom again today, asking the nice young man who bought Shrek's motorcycle if he had a helmet. He rolled his eyes and said, "Ma'am, you sound just like my Mom." I said, "Thank you." and he did have a helmet.:)
Yes, I know what you mean - I just gained two more "daughters" this week at the kid's camp. They both have two parents but they also both have a lot of challenges. They worked in the kitchen with me and we bonded. Now I am teaching one to cook and the other just wants to "hang out". :)

Oh, and on this past Mother's day I was doing my usual brooding about not being one or having one. I got 3 carnations from three different kids, several hugs and a few cards at church and realized my Ma lives in California! :angel:

I was called to be a Mom again. Mentoring a 15 year old with some issues. She's a sweet girl and scared out of her mind. I spend several hours a week with her.

When I was living in Tacoma, WA, I managed some apartments that I rented to young military families. They were just kids. So many times they would tell me you are just like my mother. I always considered that to be the highest compliment I could get.

Most of the kids couldn't afford to have a phone. So I allowed them to give my number to their families back home. Their families would call and I would get them to take the call. One mother told me, "I don't worry so much knowing that the kids have you to look after them." For a lot of the kids, it was the farthest they had ever been away from their families. :)

This picture:

552340_153746834762178_621112269_n.jpg

Yes, I know what you mean - I just gained two more "daughters" this week at the kid's camp. They both have two parents but they also both have a lot of challenges. They worked in the kitchen with me and we bonded. Now I am teaching one to cook and the other just wants to "hang out". :)

Oh, and on this past Mother's day I was doing my usual brooding about not being one or having one. I got 3 carnations from three different kids, several hugs and a few cards at church and realized my Ma lives in California! :angel:
I sure hope you meant me sweet girl. You deserve all the hugs, carnations, cards you get. they will never be enough to fill your pockets
.ma

Funny...My Ma lives in California, too...

Back
Top Bottom