Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had an appointment for Winthrop this morniing. The look on the driver's face when I opened the door. He usually arrives around or a little after ten. Nine o'clock and I had just gotten out of the shower. A large towel around my body and one on my hair. A knock on my door. I open the door and the driver looks at me as if I was an alien. Now my theory is if I answered the door in a bikini with a thong bottom, that would be socially acceptable. After all you can wear one on the beach in public. But a very large sheet towel covering my body from my armpits to the floor for some strange reason is considered unacceptable. I can't help wonder what he will tell his wife tonight when she asks how his day was. When I asked him to give me fifteen minutes, all he could do was mumble and stutter while he was looking away. :ROFLMAO:

Playing with Roe today. She wanted up and I put her on the desk, she knocked my water bottle off (lid was on) and then wanted down. She fought and argued with that bottle for at least 20 minutes. By the time her mommmy picked her up she was starting to build her nest for some well-earned sleep. Roe did so good with the harness and leash today!

By the time she left there were 4 balls, a rawhide chew, a scarf, my Dead Fred Pencil Holder, 3 highlighter pens, 6 torn up tissues, a stuffed cat and dog, two half eaten biscuits, an empty water dish (dumped for the umpteenth time), a snow boot and several pieces of paper all over the floor. We had fun.

Last edited:
A collect phone call that woke me out of a sound sleep. It was from Robert something or other from Spain! I started to wonder if he did get hold of who he was trying to reach, would they accept a collect call from him. I can hear the conversation. "Mom send me some money. I am broke." :ohmy:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Playing with Roe today. She wanted up and I put her on the desk, she knocked my water bottle off (lid was on) and then wanted down. She fought and argued with that bottle for at least 20 minutes. By the time her mommmy picked her up she was starting to build her nest for some well-earned sleep. Roe did so good with the harness and leash today!

By the time she left there were 4 balls, a rawhide chew, a scarf, my Dead Fred Pencil Holder, 3 highlighter pens, 6 torn up tissues, a stuffed cat and dog, two half eaten biscuits, an empty water dish (dumped for the umpteenth time), a snow boot and several pieces of paper all over the floor. We had fun.

Oh, sweetness! Jack Russels are a LOT of work!

Oh, sweetness! Jack Russels are a LOT of work!

That was in just two hours and I took her out twice for a wee bit...I finally figured out how she tells me she's gotta go. She gets really quiet and I have to turn tolook at her and she just sits staring at me. We made it all the way outside the second time:LOL: First time, the rug inside the door got wet.

Addie said:
A collect phone call that woke me out of a sound sleep. It was from Robert something or other from Spain! I started to wonder if he did get hold of who he was trying to reach, would they accept a collect call from him. I can hear the conversation. "Mom send me some money. I am broke." :ohmy:

Oh, geez, Addie. This is the new scam du jour. Scammers sound like desperate relatives (Gramma, my wallet's been stolen and I'm in an Italian jail) and try to get money from unsuspecting seniors. Hang up!

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
That was in just two hours and I took her out twice for a wee bit...I finally figured out how she tells me she's gotta go. She gets really quiet and I have to turn tolook at her and she just sits staring at me. We made it all the way outside the second time:LOL: First time, the rug inside the door got wet.

Want video and pics....she'll learn.

Jack Russels are probably the wiliest and smartest dogs around.

Want video and pics....she'll learn.

Jack Russels are probably the wiliest and smartest dogs around.
Smart dogs are, how shall I put it, difficult. I had a Siberian husky. She was really smart and she was such a bitch. She knew she wasn't supposed to chew her leash, so when we had a visiting husky, she chewed through his leash. I was very fond of her even if she was a bitch.

I've been asked to speak at our youth Service Conference (which I coordinate lunch and dinners for) regarding hospitality as a way to serve others. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have spoken to the youth group several times before, but usually with my hubby and smaller groups. There will be around 30 teenagers, their 20-something leaders and a few adults who wander in to see what is happening. Probably close to 50 in total! :ohmy:

My smile is that to them I am not just a pretty face, um cook! :LOL:

Last edited:
LPBeier said:
I've been asked to speak at our youth Service Conference (which I coordinate lunch and dinners for) regarding hospitality as a way to serve others. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have spoken to the youth group several times before, but usually with my hubby and smaller groups. There will be around 30 teenagers, their 20-something leaders and a few adults who wander in to see what is happening. Probably close to 50 in total! :ohmy:

My smile is that to them I am not just a pretty face, um cook! :LOL:

LP, that's quite an honor! You'll be fine!

And you are a pretty face! (and a good cook)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom