Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to a lovely outdoor wedding for a rel. My sister in law had a beautiful baby boy about a week ago. She had him swaddled in a body carrier, and it just looked like she had a big middle boob. He slept through the whole ceremony and reception! Made me smile!

We went to a lovely outdoor wedding for a rel. My sister in law had a beautiful baby boy about a week ago. She had him swaddled in a body carrier, and it just looked like she had a big middle boob. He slept through the whole ceremony and reception! Made me smile!

He never woke up? You never got to hear his voice or change a diaper? :ohmy:Bummer!

This was the wedding for which you, by tradition, had to paint your toenails I assume. :D

You have reminded me of what a comedian said about about reincarnation. The reason men can't remember their previous life is that the first thing they encounter when they are born is a boob the size of their head. :LOL:

:LOL:

This kid is an angel! His mom always has him attached to something. His big sister has told us she would like to be an orphan (now where did that come from?) as she wants all the attention!

Last edited:
:LOL:

This kid is an angel! His mom always has him attached to something. His big sister has told us she would like to be an orphan (now where did that come from?) as she wants all the attention!

So, if there was a room full of babies you would not be able to pick him out by touch, smell or sound...horrible, just horrible!:rolleyes:

Somebunny said:
I'm smiling lots this weekend. Grandkids are here! This morning I gave my almost 3 year old granddaughter a used jewelry box full of little bracelets and trinkets. It was the kind with the dancing ballerina that comes to life when the lid is opened. She was very intrigued by this and began calling it her special jewel box and alternately her ballerina box. We played with it all morning (dress up as she called it) later this morning, out of the blue, she says "Nana, I found buried treasure! Argh! Matey let's play pirates!" Cracked me up, she's a hoot!

I had a jewelry box like that when I was a little girl. I loved it! Thinking about it makes me smile!

I'm smiling lots this weekend. Grandkids are here! This morning I gave my almost 3 year old granddaughter a used jewelry box full of little bracelets and trinkets. It was the kind with the dancing ballerina that comes to life when the lid is opened. She was very intrigued by this and began calling it her special jewel box and alternately her ballerina box. We played with it all morning (dress up as she called it) later this morning, out of the blue, she says "Nana, I found buried treasure! Argh! Matey let's play pirates!" Cracked me up, she's a hoot!

what fun! your granddaughter sound simply delightful, sb! at the risk of repeating myself, 'this being a grandma is one fabulous trip!':)

This was more than a smile, it was a warm to your toes love message. We'd finished the walls to our kitchen about a month ago, and invited people, a bit here and a bit there, to see it.

A friend who was here the other night brought this very expensive bottle of single malt scotch over for my husband. As we were in the kitchen, just the two of us, I said, that's a very nice gift, thank you (and, yes, husband had as well). But when it was just the two of us, he told me that he'd never had a big brother, and that my husband was his big brother and looked after him.

I thought I'd cry. My husband has never had a sibling, and I feel he thinks the same way. He bought this guy compression socks because he flies so much. I just think that this kind of friendship makes me want to get uup in the morning and smile!

I went to the Books A Million store today and stopped at their coffee booth and got me a White Chocolate and Dried Cherry cookie (price $1.49) each. Oh my goodness, I could have eaten (at least ) 4 more, it was so good.

My MIL and I having hot chocolate on the pier after spending the day with them at a local seaside community. The whole day was great but we were waiting for the men to pick us up (the car was at the other end of the walk and I didn't have enough energy to walk back). She and I don't get a lot of time to talk and this was so nice with the sun on the water, the breeze blowing enough to make a hot drink a good choice and both of us getting whipped cream on our noses. It was a great relaxed moment! :)

LPBeier said:
My MIL and I having hot chocolate on the pier after spending the day with them at a local seaside community. The whole day was great but we were waiting for the men to pick us up (the car was at the other end of the walk and I didn't have enough energy to walk back). She and I don't get a lot of time to talk and this was so nice with the sun on the water, the breeze blowing enough to make a hot drink a good choice and both of us getting whipped cream on our noses. It was a great relaxed moment! :)

Sounds like an early b-day gift! Sounds beautiful and relaxing and fun.

Many years ago I bought myself a canning set. It had all sorts of stuff, including a stockpot with two steamer inserts in Graniteware. I had been thinking how nice it would be to have that again.

I went to Walmart to see what they had in microwaves. On the way I spotted something almost exactly like this:

12202316820903P.JPG

Woohoo! It's what I wanted and in stainless steel it won't chip the way Graniteware does. I'm still smiling that I found this.

And another smile, they didn't glue on the label. They attached the labels with tubular tape (like double sided, but it's a tube with the stickum on the outside).

Okay, I'm also smiling about the new, stainless steel microwave. :)

Back
Top Bottom