Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Good one, Addie.

I found one of the caterpillars this morning -- his nether end is attached to a nearby stem of bougainvillea and he appears to be curling up. Perhaps a blessed event is in his/her future; yes, the complete change from a caterpillar to a beautiful flying creature is a blessed event if I ever saw one.

Keep an eye on the cocoon. With a little luck, you will be able to catch the butterfly emerging from the cocoon to freedom. :angel:

I don't remember which is which, but the Viceroy and Monarch are very similar in coloring and appearance. Mother' Nature's way of protection. One of them is very bitter to birds. And so is the catapillar. A factoid I learned in the eigth grade. If my memory serves me well, that is about the time the earth was being formed along with dirt. :angel:
They have discovered that each kind tastes bad to birds in different ways, so both types are mimicking each other. ;)

:angel:

Sunday afternoon my 10 year old grandson and I played games.

Sorry - he won
Pick Up Sticks - I won
Connect Four - he won
Trouble - he always wins
History Presidents Game - he knows everything about all the presidents
Go Fish - he won
Crazy Eights - unbelieveable, I won

I sure hope he remembers all the fun we have.

My latest smile belongs to Joie. It is so good to see my little pup enjoying his food again, playing with his favourite toy and wiggling his bum in excitement. He isn't totally out of the woods, but just to see this improvement will keep me grinning all day! :)

Sunday afternoon my 10 year old grandson and I played games.

Sorry - he won
Pick Up Sticks - I won
Connect Four - he won
Trouble - he always wins
History Presidents Game - he knows everything about all the presidents
Go Fish - he won
Crazy Eights - unbelieveable, I won

I sure hope he remembers all the fun we have.

Joann, I remember every moment with my favourite grandmother like it was yesterday and it was many yesterday's ago. He will always treasure it, believe me.

Joann, I remember every moment with my favourite grandmother like it was yesterday and it was many yesterday's ago. He will always treasure it, believe me.
Joann I second what Laurie said. He will remember and treasure the time he spent with you. Mine remember all the time spent at the hospital with me even tho I don't. They can tell me things that were said and done so he will remember all the good times with joy in his heart.
kades

My latest smile belongs to Joie. It is so good to see my little pup enjoying his food again, playing with his favourite toy and wiggling his bum in excitement. He isn't totally out of the woods, but just to see this improvement will keep me grinning all day! :)
I am so glad to read this, that little pup is making me grin too.
ma

I totally agree. So many great memories of my favorite (only) grandma. She taught me sewing, embroidery, canning, cooking, jewelry making, failed miserably at teaching me knitting, crochet, and tatting (we did try), and we worked on so many other projects, along with long talks about just about everything. Grandmas rock!

Last edited:

So glad you and Joie are so much better!

LP's post in What Are You Doing is probably creating smiles on everyone's faces. So glad things are looking up. Is it redundant to put one of these :) on here? :)

That crafty little caterpillar has become a chrysalis already! Google tells me that it will take about 7 days to turn into his winged self. I put it on my calendar - would hate to miss it.

LP's post in What Are You Doing is probably creating smiles on everyone's faces. So glad things are looking up. Is it redundant to put one of these :) on here? :)

That crafty little caterpillar has become a chrysalis already! Google tells me that it will take about 7 days to turn into his winged self. I put it on my calendar - would hate to miss it.

How fun! Can you get a pic, Tin? Monarch chrysalis are so pretty.

How fun! Can you get a pic, Tin? Monarch chrysalis are so pretty.

I got a pretty good shot of it. The last time I tried to have a photo, it didn't take, but I'll try it again. I moved from Explorer to Firefox - maybe that will help.

Looks like it worked this time. It's dead center of the photo - a pretty little jade green ornament.

Attachments

• Butterfly Chrysalis.jpg
    Butterfly Chrysalis.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 214
ooh, it looks so pregnant with promise (hush)

Beautiful! What cool earrings a pair would make!

Oh, so this is what a multi looks like -- sorry I jumped the gun & answered Vitauta before this screen opened.

So, what I said, Vitauta, and Dawgluver, son of a gun. That wouldn't have occurred to me in a thousand years. Jewelry makers out there, take note. A light green jade pair would be swell. And a matching pendant.

Oh, so this is what a multi looks like -- sorry I jumped the gun & answered Vitauta before this screen opened.

So, what I said, Vitauta, and Dawgluver, son of a gun. That wouldn't have occurred to me in a thousand years. Jewelry makers out there, take note. A light green jade pair would be swell. And a matching pendant.

I'm on it. I can't believe how quickly the little guy made her chrysallis! My dill scented swallowtail caterpillars, please take note!

Back
Top Bottom