Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you cg, for your sweet and reassuring words.:)

thank you, gg, for your persistence and encouragement.:) just goes to show, if you dumb it down enough, even i can make baby 't' steps on occasion. (in my search, i found a great pair of purple printed kaleidoscopic rain boots, just perfect for pf.) :)

My boots have butterflies on them.:)

These:

Attachments

• butterfly_rain_boots-tm.jpg
    butterfly_rain_boots-tm.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 141
As I was leaving the job today my client handed me a nice bottle of Zin and an envelope and thanked me for my "expertise and attention to detail."

It's nice to be appreciated.

:)

As I was leaving the job today my client handed me a nice bottle of Zin and an envelope and thanked me for my "expertise and attention to detail."

It's nice to be appreciated.

While restoring my parents' home I worked with two different, competent contractors. Although we had agreed on costs, when the first one presented my bill I was pleased that it was lower than expected. I thanked him, told him I was expecting it to be higher, then asked if it was OK if I tacked on a 10% bonus. Though he was going to fall off the chair! The second guy was just as good. He did the last big job and a few little ones going into home stretch. When he was done I had him, his wife, and their kids over for a cookout.

I try to give a little extra to those who give a little extra. The happy side of "what goes around, comes around". ;)

I got a threatening letter from the condo association.

If those of us who still have fuses don't get that upgraded to breakers by 30 May, we will have to share the extra $4,000 that will be added to the condo's insurance premium.

Then they said to contact our "block rep" and gave his phone number (I haven't had it since he lost his phone and got a new number) and they said it would cost about $650. Last time they talked about price, a few years ago, it was over $800, with group discount.

I had been planning on getting the block rep's # so I could ask him to recommend an electrician. I have the money this time. Oh man, that will be nice to have breakers instead of fuses.

That's a blessing in disguise TL.

You'll incur some expense but your safety is paramount.

My best advice is to find a well qualified electrician recommended by a friend, family or an associate.

Once he or she is at your home offer a cool refreshment. If they have to call through your attic or crawl space offer a moist hand towel (not your best).

A little kindness goes a long way.

That's a blessing in disguise TL.

You'll incur some expense but your safety is paramount.

My best advice is to find a well qualified electrician recommended by a friend, family or an associate.

Once he or she is at your home offer a cool refreshment. If they have to call through your attic or crawl space offer a moist hand towel (not your best).

A little kindness goes a long way.

Oh yeah, safety is an important issue. The fuse box is in the basement, so I don't think there will be any crawling through the attic.

It would be a blessing in disguise if we hadn't already been planning on doing it. It will of course be a certified electrician. I wouldn't be comfortable otherwise and it wouldn't be good enough for the insurance company if it wasn't.

lol, chop.

j-riv, what's in the pasta dish besides mushrooms? looks good.

my smile to was strangely from being a little sore from yesterday.

during baseball practice yesterday, i challenged the boys to see who could run the fastest: them, or fat, old me. i offered $20 to anyone that could beat me.

now, at 48 years old, and only 6' but around 240 lbs., i'm not in great shape. but i kept my $20 as i outran a dozen little 9 and 10 year olds in a sprint where you go 30 yards, touch a line then go back, touch, and do it 3 more times.

later, i challenged them again for $20 to outrun me around the bases. i've still got my $20, but it really inspired the boys to work harder for next time. they've got $$$ in their eyes. :D

then, after practice i had to wait with a few boys until their parents came to pick them up, so i taught them how to juggle 3 baseballs, and bounce a ball off of your bicep and back into ypur hand, and toss a ball in the air and catch it behind your back. it was a lot of fun, and the boys had no idea that they were working on eye-hand coordination.

but holy moly, i'm sore today. i can't sit down or get up without sounding like an old man. but every time i feel like that my grimace turns to a smile thinking of how i can't wait to play tomorrow.

Last edited:
lol, chop.

j-riv, what's in the pasta dish besides mushrooms? looks good.
Dude good luck with the game and future bets. Lol.

As for the this it's a ziti with Veal and mushroom lemon butter sauce with a dash of marsala. :) <- still makes me smile.

Back
Top Bottom