Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Dawg! What a wonderful story. It has me smiling too! I always look for the little things to get enjoyment out of in the educational field, but it is so nice when you find out about the big things. I think sometimes we don't get to see just what a difference we can make! Way to go!

Wow Dawg! What a wonderful story. It has me smiling too! I always look for the little things to get enjoyment out of in the educational field, but it is so nice when you find out about the big things. I think sometimes we don't get to see just what a difference we can make! Way to go!

Thanks guys! Longest 3 years of my life getting those boys to graduate, but it was so worth it! Oh lordy, the stories....

Last edited:
The last thing that made me smile big time was getting a replacement washing machine, from a front loader to a top loader...they were not going to do it, but I tried and tried and eventually they said they would do it YAY, big smiles all round :)

Thanks Kylie. I always enjoy my time off. I will have my grandkids visit for some of it, and I also have my niece coming for a bit. Right before I go back to work, we are going to Michigan for a trip. Should be nice, and will probably go by much too fast!;)

Your very welcome Chops :)

It all sounds wonderful :)

Wrestling is back in the Olympics! :)

It was the original Olympic sport, what were they thinking, to take it out in the first place???

Wrestling is back in the Olympics! :)

It was the original Olympic sport, what were they thinking, to take it out in the first place???

That's great news! I've been supporting this. If they want a list of idiotic events in the Olympics they can eliminate, they can call me.

That's great news! I've been supporting this. If they want a list of idiotic events in the Olympics they can eliminate, they can call me.

Shoot. That will teach me to trust DH's reporting. I asked him if he was sure, oh yeah. Not so. Wrestling is on the short list, up against baseball-softball and squash. Wrestling is not a given yet.

Shoot. That will teach me to trust DH's reporting. I asked him if he was sure, oh yeah. Not so. Wrestling is on the short list, up against baseball-softball and squash. Wrestling is not a given yet.

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll keep hoping.

Hearing "Okie From Muskogee" sung by the Swan Brothers on The Voice! Back in HS, my then boyfriend had his own version, and I hadn't heard it in years. I'm more of a rocker, but this was fun!

Last edited:
Hearing "Okie From Muskokie" sung by the Swan Brothers on The Voice! Back in HS, my then boyfriend had his own version, and I hadn't heard it in years. I'm more of a rocker, but this was fun!

Hey, no spoilers, yet...the show just started here. They just got done with their first song.

Wow! Wonderful, JoAnn!

Thanks. We also saw a lot of other great kids get awards today. They also had a drawing to give one of the kids a bike, I wish everyone could have been there and seen the little boy who won, he was so excited and happy. It made everyone tear up. If all the children are as special as Josh and his classmates, I think the future will be in good hands.

congrats to your grandson, el joann. :)

what's the american legion award about?

my smile today is about my boy, once again.

he pitched a great game tonight, giving up only one earned run. unfortunately, we lost 10 - 9 due to 7 fielding errors. :(

and our 2 best hitters struck out with the winning runs on 2nd and 3rd.

but i'm so proud of him at how much he's improved this season, and how hard he's worked at it. three other coaches came to me tonight and complimented him on as much. they all want him for next year. lol. he might not be the best pitcher or the hardest thrower in the league, but he's got great control of his pitches and himself. he never gets down after a bad inning or at bat.

and now tomorrow night, i get to go see all of the projects on display that he's worked on all year in his "gifted and talented" class. i'm really looking forward to seeing all of his schoolwork that he's kept so secret from us, lol.

Last edited:
Buckytom;Youth are often awarded for their scholastic achievements, but The American Legion believes they should also be praised when they demonstrate strong qualities of character and good citizenship. That's why, since 1926, the Legion has recognized such students with its School Award Medal Program.
In 1921, the Department of Pennsylvania created the School Award Medal Program for the purpose of instilling character and helping perpetuate the ideals of Americanism among youth. The award is given to a boy and a girl in the graduating classes of elementary school, junior and senior high school, and college. Those who receive a medal must exemplify six qualities that define character: courage, honor, leadership, patriotism, scholarship and service.
Candidates for the award are voted upon by a school's faculty and members of the candidates graduating class through a secret ballot casting. The local Legion post involved with the school makes the final selection upon receiving recommendation from students and faculty. Each awardee receives a certificate and a medal with the six qualities listed on the face of the medal, as the back bares the Marine Corps motto, "Semper Fidelis" ("always faithful").

Back
Top Bottom