Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Standing in line at the deli Saturday I could smell my Mom! Keep in mind she died in 2000 and lived 625 miles away from where we now live. Not that either of those things could keep her from watching me. ;) I looked around and there was a lady about my age next to me, standing with her husband. When they weren't talking to each other I turned to her and said "excuse me, are you wearing Shalimar?" "Why yes, actually I am" she replied, and then asked me if it bothered her. I told her no, that it reminded me of my Mom and that she had put a smile on my heart that day. :heart:

Standing in line at the deli Saturday I could smell my Mom! Keep in mind she died in 2000 and lived 625 miles away from where we now live. Not that either of those things could keep her from watching me. ;) I looked around and there was a lady about my age next to me, standing with her husband. When they weren't talking to each other I turned to her and said "excuse me, are you wearing Shalimar?" "Why yes, actually I am" she replied, and then asked me if it bothered her. I told her no, that it reminded me of my Mom and that she had put a smile on my heart that day. :heart:

I think you put a smile on her heart also. :angel:

That is a lovely thing :)

Of course. :doh: You are a volunteer responder for the fire.

I thought you had made up another one that had to do with cats...

I have no problem naming those fuzzy butted alarm clocks...they decided 4 am was good today...I went back to sleep.

The last thing that made me smile was my lovely mum when we talked today, she always makes me smile :)

I am so fortunate to have such a loving, caring and wonderful mum, who I love so much :)

Your relationship with your Mom makes me smile, Kylie! :)

I am also smiling at Violet. I haven't been feeling well all day and it was probably the heat. So, at 10:30 pm I am cool and hungry so warmed up some Chinese food. Violet knows I have noodles - her favourite food. She is behind me on her bed in my studio, but I know she is watching every bite I take in case I drop some. Sure enough, I dropped two little chow mien noodles and she was at the ready to clean the floor! I could be eating something else and she would peacefully sleep, but she knows when it is something she loves and knows she can't beg, but plays it smart! :LOL:

I sometimes drop one just to see if she is alert....she always is! ;)

Awww, thank you Laurie :)

I love your story about the noodles and Violet, that is so sweet :)

Your relationship with your Mom makes me smile, Kylie! :)

I am also smiling at Violet. I haven't been feeling well all day and it was probably the heat. So, at 10:30 pm I am cool and hungry so warmed up some Chinese food. Violet knows I have noodles - her favourite food. She is behind me on her bed in my studio, but I know she is watching every bite I take in case I drop some. Sure enough, I dropped two little chow mien noodles and she was at the ready to clean the floor! I could be eating something else and she would peacefully sleep, but she knows when it is something she loves and knows she can't beg, but plays it smart! :LOL:

I sometimes drop one just to see if she is alert....she always is! ;)

...I am also smiling at Violet....I sometimes drop one (noodle) just to see if she is alert....she always is! ;)

:LOL: When I was growing up my Great Aunt lived with us (as did my Aunt - I was the only kid in a house with 4 adults :wacko: ) and she would have things "fall" off her plate so our dog Buttons could get them. The two of them were definitely in kahoots!

What made me smile really big tonight was using dishes that had been my Mom's. I have quite of few of her kitchen items (love her pasty cutter, far better than modern ones to use for making crusts) as well as a number of things from my Mother in Law. Every time I use one of those items it takes me back and reminds me of their love. *sigh*

I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book! :) :)

Dawg, I am so happy you got that book of memories. I find it so refreshing that a camera can find so much good in a situation that may be sad. I was going through my parent's albums, which I have now, to find pictures for my nephews. While it was sad to see my parents and know they aren't here, the memories brought them back to me in a sense.

CG, I have some of my mother's kitchen stuff as well and I know what you mean. But the thing that really does it for me is when I use my Mother's and my paternal Grandmother's recipes. Many are on stained 3x5 cards, while others are in my head just as they had them in theirs. I made my Mom's yorkshire pudding for a church function in June and while I couldn't eat it (made some gluten free ones), I could feel her approval as they baked up! :)

The last thing that made me smile was my lovely mum when we talked today, she always makes me smile :)

I am so fortunate to have such a loving, caring and wonderful mum, who I love so much :)

Yes you are! I am smiling just thinking of the two of you together.

I wish my mom was still here. At least I am now at the point that I can smile at the wonderful memories of her. She was the best mom ever. Now I have another smile! ;)

Thanks Chops xxx

Yes, you will always have wonderful memories of your lovely mum and that is a precious thing :)

We are going out clothes shopping together this morning...in about 10 minutes actually...and also some lunch, should be nice :)

Back
Top Bottom