Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last thing that made me smile is receiving my new toy. It's a solar powered, hand crank-able, flashlight, FM radio, and cell phone charger.

Last edited:
Thanks Taxy :)

That looks so good, so may things it can do too...perfect little gadget to have :)
Well, the flashlight part certainly works and so does the hand crank. I tried charging my phone, but there wasn't enough oomph. I'll try it again when it is fully charged and let you know if that works.

That is what makes this forum so great. Folks reaching out to find something on the internet for another halfway around the world. No wonder we are all smiling all the time. That was a nice thing to do TL. :angel:

Last edited:
Well, the flashlight part certainly works and so does the hand crank. I tried charging my phone, but there wasn't enough oomph. I'll try it again when it is fully charged and let you know if that works.

Sounds good Taxy, thank you :)

I love the fact that it has a radio too, I love it

That is what makes this forum so great. Folks reaching out to find something on the internet for another halfway around the world. No wonder we are all smiling all the time. That was a nice thing to do TL. :angel:

Yes, it is nice when we can all let each other know of new things and help each other out, there certainly are some lovely people in this world :)

Many, many moons ago I won a large flashlight that had a radio, red flasher and some other goodies on it. I never used it and gave it to my daughter. I insisted that she keep it in her car with a blanket. You know what it is like to be in a snowstorm I am sure. And then one day, it came in handy and she was glad she had it. She got caught in a major traffic jam during a storm on her way home from work. What is normally a 20 minute drive turned into a four hours of stuck! Even though she had a full tank of gas, she didn't want to use it all up just sitting there. So she only had it on to try and warm up the car every so often. She listen to a local radio station that was giving traffic reports every ten minutes. She used the flashlight radio for that. To this day she keeps that flashlight in her trunk with the blanket. She also keeps snacks in her glove compartment. Those PB or cheese crackers. She changes them out every so often along with checking the batteries. The best present I ever gave her. :angel:

That sure would be great during a hurricane. I'll check on getting one next payday. I hope they have plenty.

When I lived in Everett, there was an explosion in the electrical sub station directly across the street from my home. We lost our power. I had a small portable TV and watched the reporters doing their job right from my front porch. It was cold out and one of the workers, a woman, was badly burned and was in the hospital. One man died instantly. He was hit directly by the explosion and covered in scalding grease. He left behind a week old son. The TV came in handy. When they reported that the power would be off until the morning, I had to make arrangements for me and my granddaughter for the night. If it weren't for that TV, I would have stayed there all night freezing. :angel:

Watching my golden retrievers learn to swim! I wish I would have taken a video of it for you all! :)

They have to learn to swim? I thought all dogs and cats just knew how to swim.

We went to Michigan on a vacation. My dad lives on a lake, and the dogs went with us to visit him. My male had never been swimming. I was in a kayak, and he was watching from the dock. He decided that he wanted to be with me. I saw him starting to look like he was going to jump, and I didn't think anything of it because I thought as you did- dogs just know how to swim. Well, this one didn't! He jumped off the end of the dock, and went straight down to the bottom of the lake. He floated back to the top, and had a panicked look on his face as he dog paddled to the dock and tried to climb on. He couldn't get up there, so he hung himself on the dock! It is hard to imagine I know, but he was hanging by his front legs- just stuck there! :LOL: Well, I was able to pluck him off of the dock, and lead him to where he could touch bottom and then he walked out. :)

About five minutes later, the female did the same thing including hanging herself up to dry on the dock! :ohmy: Unbelievable! :ROFLMAO:

When we plucked her off, she hung herself on the kayak my son was in. :ROFLMAO:
He was able to dump her off and we were able to get her to shore too!

Later, they both were able to walk in and swim, turn in the water and go back to the shore. They did swim a lot after that. They even used their tails as rudders! Too cute!

We went to Michigan on a vacation. My dad lives on a lake, and the dogs went with us to visit him. My male had never been swimming. I was in a kayak, and he was watching from the dock. He decided that he wanted to be with me. I saw him starting to look like he was going to jump, and I didn't think anything of it because I thought as you did- dogs just know how to swim. Well, this one didn't! He jumped off the end of the dock, and went straight down to the bottom of the lake. He floated back to the top, and had a panicked look on his face as he dog paddled to the dock and tried to climb on. He couldn't get up there, so he hung himself on the dock! It is hard to imagine I know, but he was hanging by his front legs- just stuck there! :LOL: Well, I was able to pluck him off of the dock, and lead him to where he could touch bottom and then he walked out. :)

About five minutes later, the female did the same thing including hanging herself up to dry on the dock! :ohmy: Unbelievable! :ROFLMAO:

When we plucked her off, she hung herself on the kayak my son was in. :ROFLMAO:
He was able to dump her off and we were able to get her to shore too!

Later, they both were able to walk in and swim, turn in the water and go back to the shore. They did swim a lot after that. They even used their tails as rudders! Too cute!
That's hilarious.

Now you know why it makes me smile! Actually at first I was a bit concerned-you know, when I watched my dog go straight down to the bottom of the lake! After it was all said and done, we laughed and laughed! :ROFLMAO:

Now you know why it makes me smile! Actually at first I was a bit concerned-you know, when I watched my dog go straight down to the bottom of the lake! After it was all said and done, we laughed and laughed! :ROFLMAO:

Awwww. They do make doggie water wings, but thankfully your furkids won't need them now!

Oh lord, Michigan lake waters are cold!

Back
Top Bottom