"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #6121
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 14,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's down right funny! Another Tuesday Birthday...
And how many fingers will we be on Tuesday, Miss Fiona?
__________________
"Let things taste of what they are." ~ Alice Waters
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #6122
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
And how many fingers will we be on Tuesday, Miss Fiona?
I don't hab dat many fingers and toes 35 or 53, can't remember which.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #6123
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,601
My sister and my husband. They are just good at making me smile.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #6124
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,380
The gas in our town is $2.99.9 a gallon. :-)
__________________
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Unknown
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 PM   #6125
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
The gas in our town is $2.99.9 a gallon. :-)
Wow, that is low. Haven't seen it that low in a while.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #6126
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post

Wow, that is low. Haven't seen it that low in a while.
Oh dear. In our town, gas is $3.09. At one of my rural out of towns, I filled up at $2.94! Score!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #6127
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Oh dear. In our town, gas is $3.09. At one of my rural out of towns, I filled up at $2.94! Score!
Our is currently $3.40. It was "cheep" at $3.20 a few weeks back.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #6128
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,359
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Goodness gracious, I haven't seen $2.99/gallon in years. Ours is down to $1.344/litre ($5.088/gallon).
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #6129
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,876
We are still at $3.36/gallon.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #6130
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 14,868
I was checking gas prices along our route to FL earlier today. Richmond VA was at $2.75! I kinda remember seeing a $2.60-something but danged if I can remember where! In any event, the prices will change in the next week day or two. I remember them fluctuating like crazy back in OH.
__________________
"Let things taste of what they are." ~ Alice Waters
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #6131
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,137
Down to $3.379 here. I had to ask DH. I never look at the price.
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #6132
Sous Chef
 
Rocket_J_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Goodness gracious, I haven't seen $2.99/gallon in years. Ours is down to $1.344/litre ($5.088/gallon).
Wow. It's been $1.144 ($4.34/Gal) or so around here over the last week.
Rocket_J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #6133
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,359
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Wow. It's been $1.144 ($4.34/Gal) or so around here over the last week.
I always check the gas prices when I visit my MIL in Cornwall, Ontario. It's not as easy to compare as it sounds. I use "supreme". There is variation in how much more "supreme" costs than regular. It varies here too, but it's usually not as much more here as it is in Ontario. And to add to the confusion, Ultramar and a few other stations have 3 cents off on "supreme" on Thursdays.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #6134
Sous Chef
 
Rocket_J_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I always check the gas prices when I visit my MIL in Cornwall, Ontario. It's not as easy to compare as it sounds. I use "supreme". There is variation in how much more "supreme" costs than regular. It varies here too, but it's usually not as much more here as it is in Ontario. And to add to the confusion, Ultramar and a few other stations have 3 cents off on "supreme" on Thursdays.
Check out gasbuddy.com. I use it all the time when we are on a road trip. Or even around here.
They have an app for all the popular smart phones.
Rocket_J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #6135
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,359
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Check out gasbuddy.com. I use it all the time when we are on a road trip. Or even around here.
They have an app for all the popular smart phones.
I have been using Gasbuddy for a few years. I don't remember if I bothered to get the app for my Android phone. I had it on my iPhone.

Too often, people don't bother to report the price of "supreme". Sometimes they even get it wrong. I think it's that they think they know how much more it costs/litre than regular. There is someone who keeps doing that for the prices at my local Ultramar and he doesn't put the lower price on Thursdays.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #6136
Sous Chef
 
Rocket_J_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I have been using Gasbuddy for a few years. I don't remember if I bothered to get the app for my Android phone. I had it on my iPhone.

Too often, people don't bother to report the price of "supreme". Sometimes they even get it wrong. I think it's that they think they know how much more it costs/litre than regular. There is someone who keeps doing that for the prices at my local Ultramar and he doesn't put the lower price on Thursdays.
Oh supreme.....for that our prices are about the same. I've been watching diesel lately as I'm in the market for a new car and have narrowed it down to the VW Jetta diesel or the Chev Cruze diesel. I drive around 500km a week and need something more fuel efficient.
Rocket_J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #6137
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,456
I got a letter from my apartment's management advising me that I'd been overpaying my rent for awhile and have an $85 credit to take advantage of this month!!!
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #6138
Sous Chef
 
Rocket_J_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I got a letter from my apartment's management advising me that I'd been overpaying my rent for awhile and have an $85 credit to take advantage of this month!!!
Now that is definitely something to smile about.
Rocket_J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #6139
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 25,913
This:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	.facebook_1495574436.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	19397  
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #6140
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 22,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I got a letter from my apartment's management advising me that I'd been overpaying my rent for awhile and have an $85 credit to take advantage of this month!!!
Spike does that deliberately. It upset the office something fierce. I messes up their bookkeeping. He just keeps on doing it until he is ahead for one months rent. It happens about twice a year.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.