Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my cousins taught special needs kids. She loved teaching the kids, but hated dealing with the parents. She took early retirement when she got the chance.

Knowing that I am officially retired as of last Friday!
Well congrats on that! Looks like you have a list of things you'd like to do - good for you. Enjoy every minute whether you're playing with your crafts or sleeping in. And every time you throw a new piece of clay down on that wheel think of it as Cruella's head getting smacked. :devilish: BwaHaHa!

...oh dawg, you are gonna LOVE waking up every day, getting your life back--with time to do all those things that got put on hold your whole damn life long! you will get to live by your schedule, on your terms--there will be choices, yes, freedom! sundays will be fundays, not 'dreadmonday' days anymore....:)
Vit, I need you to come and give Himself a good talking-to! I wish he would finally shake off the "nobody loves me" attitude he's developed since being laid off, then not able to find a job for the two years he was on unemployment. I know he wasn't ready to actually retire, but there was enough of the job he didn't like that he should just embrace his freedom now.

Mine needs a talking to, too. He badly needs inspiration to get out of the house. Seems he moves less and less.

Mine needs a talking to, too. He badly needs inspiration to get out of the house. Seems he moves less and less.

Perhaps volunteering would help "Himself" and Shrek. For Himself, volunteering might provide some networking and contacts, that could lead to job ops. And wouldn't it be wonderful if Shrek could share some of his musical talent, perhaps giving guitar lessons at the boys & girls club or senior center..

Perhaps volunteering would help "Himself" and Shrek. For Himself, volunteering might provide some networking and contacts, that could lead to job ops. And wouldn't it be wonderful if Shrek could share some of his musical talent, perhaps giving guitar lessons at the boys & girls club or senior center..

I've been trying to get him to play his guitar at the facility. I know it would be good for him and the residents would enjoy it.

One of my cousins taught special needs kids. She loved teaching the kids, but hated dealing with the parents. She took early retirement when she got the chance.

I loved the kids, and the parents, many of whom I worked with when they were in school before they were parents! (Apparently my Spay and Neuter campaign didn't work :LOL: ) In fact, I'm on my third generation, having worked with some now grandparents! It's the bureacracy, micromanagement, paperwork, and insulting treatment from a supervisor who shouldn't be in the position she's currently in that finally was the last straw.

And I have a bathroom to renovate! :) We really need a double sink.

SB, he's 65 now so he really doesn't want to work. Unfortunately, I'm not 65 and it would be nice if one of us worked for my health insurance. Himself did volunteer for two middle-school science teachers for a few years. He would do a two-day presentation on astronomy, one day in the class and a night event with telescopes for the kids and parents to look through. The one teacher had the idea, the other did all the work for a couple years, then developed cancer. She is fine and back to work but tired of doing all the grunt work. Unfortunately, the planner never bothered picking up the slack. I know if we were closer than about 50 miles to an astronomy club he would go back. First we have to move where civilization is more accessible. We're kinda in the suburban boonies.

Had a good day...just as planned and lots of folks happy to see me. I am very tired and glad I had decided to just do half days. I got two hours of studying done and now I am home.

Had a good day...just as planned and lots of folks happy to see me. I am very tired and glad I had decided to just do half days. I got two hours of studying done and now I am home.

You're back! Glad to hear it went well! :)

Glad half days work!

Oh, YAY, Dawg. The only problem you'll have is teaching yourself to stop hurrying. I had to keep reminding myself... Slow down, you're retired! Enjoy!

This made me smile. Stirling's supervisor had a technical problem, googled for an answer, and found Stirling's post online about how to solve it.

Congratulations on your retirement Dawglover. I love being retired, just doing what I want. It's been 3 1/2 years and I am just starting to sleep in once in a while, at least until 7 or 8 AM. And I dream that I'm back at work at least twice a month.

Good to hear everything is going well for you. You should work like the city workers here. Half hour work....15 min break. Half hour work....15 min break. You'll get used to it. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom