Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My latest smile came from watching Violet in the snow - you would never think she was 10 years old with an arthritic back end (no defined hip joints) when she is out there chasing flakes! :)

One of the anchor reporters from our local FOX affiliate does a weekly segment called "Real People, Real Stories". Each week there is a sweet human-interest interview and story about and everyday person who is extraordinary in their own way. This week's story is about a young man who is blind, autistic...and a musical savant. If you want to see a real feel-good story the link is here: Video Landing Page - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

That link probably takes you to the most recent video. If you don't get the Real People video just search for Real People, Real Stories: Blind, Autistic, Musical Savant

I was peeling the foil off my Dove Dark Chocolate and got the fortune: "Express what's in your heart."

So I hollered at Shrek and let him read the fortune, then I used a lancet and got a drop of blood from my finger...he said it was a terrible pun...:rolleyes:

Smile? How 'bout laughing out loud until I nearly wet my jeans?!

I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago getting some things done ahead of time for tonight's dinner. I'd put all the goodies in the crock-pot and then set to peel some taters for mashing later.

I pulled a bunch of potatoes out of the sack and, I don't know what the grower did, but two of the potatoes that came out AT THE SAME TIME looked exactly, and I DO mean exactly like the vital parts of the male anatomy. No joke. I began to laugh and went into the den where Glenn was and showed him what I'd, um, discovered. He started to laugh, then we were both bent over in peals of laughter. It was all I could do to peel those spuds without wincing a little.

I just got the fill for the ambulance ride I took a few weeks ago. Why am I smiling about that?

There is a note in it saying "paid in full by your good buddy V...."

This is a paramedic friend of ours who wasn't even on the call, but read on Facebook from TB about my ordeal. He called TB and was ticked that the paramedics who picked me up made we walk to the "bus" and then sit up when it turned out I had a serious condition. So, he went to billing and forked out the $80.00 for me. I did a promo video for him and a buddy a few years ago for a group they were putting together to help in disaster relief. So, I guess he returned the favour! :)

I just got the fill for the ambulance ride I took a few weeks ago. Why am I smiling about that?

There is a note in it saying "paid in full by your good buddy V...."

This is a paramedic friend of ours who wasn't even on the call, but read on Facebook from TB about my ordeal. He called TB and was ticked that the paramedics who picked me up made we walk to the "bus" and then sit up when it turned out I had a serious condition. So, he went to billing and forked out the $80.00 for me. I did a promo video for him and a buddy a few years ago for a group they were putting together to help in disaster relief. So, I guess he returned the favour! :)
What a nice friend.

That is precious! And he is right in time to the music. I could follow him anytime when singing. Thanks for the smile! :angel:

(kid shouting) QUIET, MOM HAS A HEADACHE!!! excedrin commercial

Many years ago there was a story in Reader's Digest "Life in These United States.

With five kids in the house and all of them in their teens, you would often here her claim, "All I want is a moment of peace and quiet." It was her birthday and as usual there was the normal din going on. All of a sudden at six o'clock in the evening, the house went totally quiet. Not a sound. Then it dawned on her. The family was giving her the moment of peace and quiet she craved. :angel:

(kid shouting) QUIET, MOM HAS A HEADACHE!!! excedrin commercial
I'm reminded of something from when I was a kid.

My mum and a friend and me & my sister and mum's friend's kid went shopping. We went to a lot of stores. We got back to the friend's house and us kids wanted to play with each other.
"Mommy, can we stay and play?"
"Only if her mother isn't too tired."
"Are you tired Mommy?"
"I'm not tired. I'm pooped!"
"Oh goody! Mommy isn't tired. She's just pooped."

I swear these animals understand us. I got off the phone with TB - he is coming home early (I'm actually going to pick him up as he is not well) and I never said anything out loud in the house, just talking to him. Monkey is in my window looking intently towards his parking spot and Violet is by the front closet where her leash is kept (he walks her when he gets home. It's not a timing thing because the time change put that out of kilter and TB isn't due home until around 5 pm.

Go figure! They sure make me smile! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom