Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow...you guys sure killed the smile I had watching the video. Makes me think twice about posting future links. A little nerve sensitive????

Rocket, there was nothing wrong with the video. Just the name attached to it. Don't let something someone else may say stop you from finding more cute ones. At the price they are charging for their litters, I think they should take some of that money and use it to get rid of the "frog" part of the name of their kennels.

As I stated, I haven't a drop of French blood in my veins. But I picked up on that reference immediately, even before I began the video.

I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. And it was like living with Archie Bunker. Greaseball, Greezer, Wop, you name it and I heard it. But I can't ever recall hearing any of those words coming from me. Every nationality has derogatory names attached to their ethnic group, whatever it may be. Being part Native American, I find redskin very offensive. And that is one of the better names that have been tagged onto my ancestors. But it sure beats "Savage." :angel:

Last edited:
Wow...you guys sure killed the smile I had watching the video. Makes me think twice about posting future links. A little nerve sensitive????
Nerve sensitive? No, I just don't like derogatory names for anyone. Someone used the term "Newfie" recently, no not you, and I didn't comment on it. I didn't want to see a trend.

Nerve sensitive? No, I just don't like derogatory names for anyone. Someone used the term "Newfie" recently, no not you, and I didn't comment on it. I didn't want to see a trend.

I didn't even know that was derogatory, especially since I had a friend from Newfoundland that referred to himself as a "Newfie". I figured it was along the same lines as Yooper. Although the only time I've heard anyone besides him use the term they were talking about the dog breed.

Oh dear. RJ, that video made me smile too! Nothing in this was offensive to me at all, and I'm half Canuck.

BTW, I couldn't get the sound to work. Is it just me, or is it a soundless video?

Last edited:
More than a smile, I got a chuckle out of an email I just deleted from my inbox. It was one of those letters going around telling you a friend/relative/someone is in dire straits and needs your help and your money and bank account numbers right away or they'll die! :ohmy: It was...in French. Um, Comment dit-on en francais "spam". :huh:

Listening to Shrek growling about, "It's so simple to open these and get them soaking." Referring to the plastic containers I took to work yesterday with my lunch. I don't think he knows I heard him...

Listening to Shrek growling about, "It's so simple to open these and get them soaking." Referring to the plastic containers I took to work yesterday with my lunch. I don't think he knows I heard him...
I'm not sure I understand. Was he quoting you in *that* tone of voice? The tone of voice that implies, "Yeah, easy for her?"

I'm not sure I understand. Was he quoting you in *that* tone of voice? The tone of voice that implies, "Yeah, easy for her?"

No, he's now regretting telling me to just put things in the sink, he'll get to them. I was fine with washing up my lunch dishes when I got home. But he said he wanted something to do, so just put them in the sink.

One had tomatoes, onions and spinach in it for my sandwich, the other coleslaw and I left the lids on so they would not dry out by the time he got to them. If I'm going to take the lids off and fill with soapy water, then I may as well finish washing them up.

Oh dear. RJ, that video made me smile too! Nothing in this was offensive to me at all, and I'm half Canuck.

BTW, I couldn't get the sound to work. Is it just me, or is it a soundless video?

Dawg, the sound is the best part. He has the cutest whimper.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Cute video, Dawg! Reminds me of a woman in a bar (yes, I used to go to bars!) who had a dog on her lap that she said could talk.

She had the dog perform for us----- but it took a bit of imagination to hear the words. Maybe I hadn't had enough to drink! :LOL: As I remember it looked a bit like that French Bulldog. Maybe something in the breed?

On the other had I had a couple of sheep that could talk. Not real words but syllables. Maybe they were French too?

Evidently there are a lot of breeds that are more 'vocal'.

PF, I saw that on Facebook. You have to be pretty good at playing an instrument normally to be able to joke around so well.

I had a nice little smile moment when I came home this afternoon with a pile of bags in tow.

We have a small table just inside the doorway that we keep our reusable grocery bags on as a reminder to take them to the vehicles. I opened the door and saw a little ball of black fur curled up on the bags that were there. Monkey usually tries to get out when we come or go but usually on the ground. I don't know if she had been there the whole time or what, but it was a nice greeting for sure. She even stayed there while I went back out for a second load.

Yup, "interesting PF" here too!

Last thing that made me smile was my doctor's visit. I'm good for another six months, and that's only because he likes me to show up when we review my meds every six months even though he could probably call me instead. Doesn't care how he spends my money. :LOL: But every time I go to the doc's or have blood work done I think of how very lucky and blessed I am that I am pretty healthy for a senior.

Yup, "interesting PF" here too!

Last thing that made me smile was my doctor's visit. I'm good for another six months, and that's only because he likes me to show up when we review my meds every six months even though he could probably call me instead. Doesn't care how he spends my money. :LOL: But every time I go to the doc's or have blood work done I think of how very lucky and blessed I am that I am pretty healthy for a senior.

I hear ya CG. Loud and clear. I am due for my six month checkup this month. I may gripe about it, but it is a total checkup. Every person there gets to take a poke at me. From PT to my doctor and two home visits from the PT department to see how I am able to do my own housework to the nurse to make sure I understand how to take my meds. I also have an eye appointment. I already saw my vascular doctor. Now on to the cardio doc. Then I have to decide what I want to do about having my gall bladder removed. If I decide to have it done, then it will involve a conference of five different doctors making the decision, can my heart take the stress of the anesthesia. :angel:

PF----- that video of the contortionist musicians ------ shall I say 'interesting'? :) But what side of their brains were they using---- and how did their brains keep things straight?

My latest smile is again from my fur kids.

I got up very early this morning and came back to not only find they had both taken up my space on the bed, but their paws were intertwined with each other. They may duke it out for attention, but they do care for each other. ;)

I didn't have the heart to move them for an extra hour of shut-eye, so I curled up in my chair.

PF----- that video of the contortionist musicians ------ shall I say 'interesting'? :) But what side of their brains were they using---- and how did their brains keep things straight?

Exactly, that what made it so much fun, trying to figure out how much time it took them to figure it out. I'm a lefty and trying figure out how to do some things normally is a feat in itself.

Back
Top Bottom