Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
this little guy does everyday. he's the reason i don't solo backpack, or freeclimb, or ski out of bounds anymore. not to mention wearing a seatbelt, or missing a doc's appointment (hadn't been to one in 10 years), or any of the crazy, occasionally illegal stuff i used to do. i guess i grew up the day he was born.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/739/orcharddrinkhk7.jpg

I see that pic and raise and you one yellow Corvette!:) My boy is the one with the blue Thomas shirt.

Attachments

• corvette.jpg
    corvette.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 164
Here is a pic that makes me smile every time I see it. My son had just got a Superman costume for his birthday. I need to print this out and put a caption that says "are those real?" under it.

Attachments

• superman.jpg
    superman.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 184
And...it only goes faster from here. Soon he'll be speeding away in your car taking a pretty girl to the prom.

vagriller said:
Thanks, today was his first day of preschool. My baby boy is growing up!

Your baby boy "ain't" growin' up until he comes home with blue hair or dreads. :ohmy:

He is a cutie!!! Pre-school started a couple weeks ago around here - a friend's little one is an "ear" person - his mom picked him up and asked how his day was and he said it was fun but no one would let him play with their ears!!! :LOL: I have a nephew with the exact same quirk.

kitchenelf said:
He is a cutie!!! Pre-school started a couple weeks ago around here - a friend's little one is an "ear" person - his mom picked him up and asked how his day was and he said it was fun but no one would let him play with their ears!!! :LOL: I have a nephew with the exact same quirk.

Thanks! When asked what my son did at he school he says "nothin!" :LOL:

pdswife said:
lol.. well get ready for 12 more years of that. My son never did a thing.

The problem is that the teacher was not very helpful either. I'm sure she was just very busy being the first day and all.

I'm sure it's a first day issue. Things will calm down soon. My son took Spanish from K - 5 - about the 3rd grade I asked him if he could say a sentence in Spanish - his reply was - I don't know Spanish - I said well, you've been taking it for 4 years - to which he replied - NO I haven't. I described the teacher that comes into his room to him - he knew her but didn't know why she was there :wacko: oye!

Yeah, the teacher was great at the open house we went to. Plus she gave us her home number in case we have any questions.

What Made Me Smile Today

I Am A Night Owl And I Usually Do Not Go To Bed Until About 1am.
When I Got Up This Morning About 11am I Must Have Dreaming Because I Fell Off My Bed. There Was My Dog Jolie Licking My Face And Looking At Me Saying Now It Is Time To Feed Me.

I Started Laughing So Loud And It Finally Took Me A Long Time To Stop.

Christopher's (my 3 year old) cute voice saying "We're all happy now", as he served the table to have brownies and milk.

vagriller said:
Here is a pic that makes me smile every time I see it. My son had just got a Superman costume for his birthday. I need to print this out and put a caption that says "are those real?" under it.

v-a, you have to teach him that turn around is fair play!!!! :)

and thank you kads, m squared, and pds. he is everything i've ever asked for.

elfie, my boy has a hair fetish. he constantly fiddles with whomever's hair is in reach, especially when having a bottle. he uses mine like horse reins when he's on my shoulders, and regularly wraps himself in dw's hair, practically pulling it out by the roots.
we're working on trying to teach him that it hurts, but he just pulls his own hair and laughs.

Last edited:
I am picking up my grandson every day this week since his mom is having to work late. Last night right after dinner we had a heck of a thunderstorm that sounded like it was coming into the house. We played checkers til the lights went out and then until we couldn't tell which color the checkers were. We had a loud pop near the house and it was a bit frightening for both of us. GS said "Mema, I think I will just go to sleep and when I wake up the storm will be over" and that is exactly what he did. BTW, the loud pop took out our water pump. So glad Dh always keeps a spare. My bath this morning would be in the pool, otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom