Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yipee! A Very Merry Christmas to you and Shrek as you celebrate the season in your own home this year. May it be filled with love and happiness and memories. Good food, too, of course!

Yipee! A Very Merry Christmas to you and Shrek as you celebrate the season in your own home this year. May it be filled with love and happiness and memories. Good food, too, of course!
Reading the words here 'good food' reminded me of a somewhat dubious relaying of saying grace before a meal...

"good food, good meat, good God - let's eat!" :ohmy: :LOL:

I don't celebrate Christmas ... (a case of 'don't get me started'
icon_rolleyes.gif
).....

but I do wish everyone a Wonderful New Year

Last edited:
The last signature required and handing over the check for closing costs on MY House!!! Finally, it's ours!!!!!!

What a great Christmas Present for you and Shrek. Congratulations new home owners. I wish for the both of you a long and very happy life together there. :angel:

Bowling! After we had supper, Loverly had to get her car to the mechanic for a check-up and was staying overnight with a friend who starts work the same time she does. *poof* gone.

We told Goober since it was his birthday, what did HE want to do this evening. I figured he'd want to see Star Wars again (meanwhile, Himself and I have some reviewing and catching up to do...) but instead he picked "go bowling". :ermm: UM, we old people haven't done that since about 30 years ago - one bad back and one bum hip ago, to be exact. Bowl we did. Goober invited a friend of his, the four of us had a great time and a lot of laughs, and then the young'uns went off on their own while Himself and I brought ourselves home for alcohol rubdowns...from the inside. Killed a bottle of wine off, we did. :LOL:

Wonder what it's going to be like crawling out of bed in the morning...

I was looking all over for the cat tonight and couldn't find her anywhere. TB had gone to bed minutes before and as I walked into the bedroom he motioned for me to be quiet and look up into the closet. There was Monkey up on the still empty shelf in the closet fast asleep. I had left the door open because things are crowded as we are still getting the rooms changed around. As far as I know she is still up there. She is the craziest cat I have ever seen - she has several beds (cat, dog and human types) that she can sleep on and she chooses a bare shelf! :LOL:

I loveLOVElove a man with dishpan hands! Himself surprised me and did dishes. :stuart: On the other hand, he used up his one dishwashing gift to me so early in the year...:ermm:

Attachments

• 2016-01-03 22.25.07.jpg
    2016-01-03 22.25.07.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 137
I loveLOVElove a man with dishpan hands! Himself surprised me and did dishes. :stuart: On the other hand, he used up his one dishwashing gift to me so early in the year...:ermm:

Try to remember what you did to bring about this unusual activity and repeat it throughout the year. Perhaps once a month. He just might develop a habit out of boredom. And don't forget to compliment him on how soft his hands are. :angel:

Addie, I know what I did. I cooked. Not the first time, either! Something I do, oh, four or five times a week - at least. Somehow, I think all Himself was doing was showing off for our daughter. :LOL: Me taking a picture of Dad was a dead give-away that it's a rare occurrence.

Addie, I know what I did. I cooked. Not the first time, either! Something I do, oh, four or five times a week - at least. Somehow, I think all Himself was doing was showing off for our daughter. :LOL: Me taking a picture of Dad was a dead give-away that it's a rare occurrence.

:LOL: That is funny.

Whenever my husband came in after a 15 day or longer fishing trip, the first thing he would do is sit at the kitchen table and just stare at me while I made supper. At first I was baffled as to why. Then I asked him. Oh dear!

It seems his first wife only knew how to heat up frozen foods for a meal. I was cooking from scratch and he thought that was amazing. I still have a picture of him with his chin in his two hands just staring at me. :angel:

:LOL: That is funny.

Whenever my husband came in after a 15 day or longer fishing trip, the first thing he would do is sit at the kitchen table and just stare at me while I made supper. At first I was baffled as to why. Then I asked him. Oh dear!

It seems his first wife only knew how to heat up frozen foods for a meal. I was cooking from scratch and he thought that was amazing. I still have a picture of him with his chin in his two hands just staring at me. :angel:
Aww :wub:

Good lookin' guy you've got there, CG! I've always been kinda partial to the big burly type. :)

Thanks, Cheryl. 6' 2" didn't seem so tall when we first married, but I was 5' 6 3/4" then. Now that I've had that middle-age shrink happen and I'm an inch and a half shorter, he looks like Man Mountain to me! :LOL: And since he's taken off some weight since switching from oral meds to insulin, he's also dropped about 50 pounds of "burly". Not yet down to Wedding Day Weight yet, but neither am I. :pig:

(opens envelope)....and the award for .... the most shallow person of the day goes to....

22408c9cf9317898cf89cfa3bbd3833d.jpg

(opens envelope)....and the award for .... the most shallow person of the day goes to....

22408c9cf9317898cf89cfa3bbd3833d.jpg

:LOL: To 84 year old Rupert Murdoch. She won't have to worry about her retirement...

I suspect there's more to just looking good next to him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom