Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to a sale this morning at a local church and what I was buying came to $4:50. I gave the man a $5 bill and told him to keep the change. He looked at me for a minute and said "you know what, you are a very special lady". Well,to say the least, I said thank you, I had never been told that before. He made my day.

I got some chickens and ducks against my wife's wishes. She says she hates chickens. But she keeps taking pictures of them and yesterday she texted me to tell me what funny things the ducks were doing. That put a big smile on my face.

That's sweet, Farmer Jon! I guess she just needed to see them regularly to be friends with them. And speaking of "seeing", it's nice to see you back here. Maybe you'll have more time to visit with harvest season wrapping up? I hope things are going more smoothly with your little one and his allergies, too.

I went to a sale this morning at a local church and what I was buying came to $4:50. I gave the man a $5 bill and told him to keep the change. He looked at me for a minute and said "you know what, you are a very special lady". Well,to say the least, I said thank you, I had never been told that before. He made my day.

You can get people to say just about anything for money!?

Thanks, GG, I appreciate that seeing as how your DH is a Tigers fan and all.

Best comment I've heard so far:
When people ask me if I would rather face the Cubs or the Dodgers I tell them "that's like asking if I want my million dollars in tens or hundreds. Yes, please." :LOL:

That's sweet, Farmer Jon! I guess she just needed to see them regularly to be friends with them. And speaking of "seeing", it's nice to see you back here. Maybe you'll have more time to visit with harvest season wrapping up? I hope things are going more smoothly with your little one and his allergies, too.

You know I have to come back now and then to check on you guys. Just to make sure everyone is behaving themselves.
As far as harvest we are just getting started. The weather would not cooperate.
Jasper has started to out grow some allergies. Some things he was fully allergic to are now just an intolerance. He still cant have chicken eggs but he can have duck eggs. Hence the ducks. The protein is different I guess. Unfortunately his soy, wheat, oat is as bad as ever. He cant have anything in that wheat, oat, barley, rye family. We wont even let quinoa in the house because when we tried that he swelled up and had trouble breathing. I don't understand these grain allergies at all but that's the way he is. Except corn. He can have all the corn he wants. He loves corn chips but his favorite is still a big ole bowl of taters. Just pain mashed potatoes.

Good to see you once again.

The doctors are now saying that children who have a nut allergy should be given minute amounts of peanut butter at first to build to build up their tolerance. They are finding that most children at the end of the year can eat a full PB sandwich.

I mention this because I wonder if they feel this way about all childhood allergies. I would be terrified to even give it that first try. Not unless I was in the ER when I tried it.

As a child, I too was allergic to eggs. Not in any baked or cooked foods, just eggs on my plate. I outgrew the allergy by my teens. Today it is one of my favorite foods.

Jon....I'm glad to hear that little Jasper is starting to outgrow some of his food allergies and sensitivities. And again, it's good to see you back posting with us again. :)

Addie...peanuts (legumes) and tree nuts are two entirely different things. A child could have a peanut allergy but not a nut allergy, and vice versa. Be careful about what you post....my 11 year old granddaughter definitely doesn't fall into your "...most children at the end of the year can eat a full PB sandwich...." category.

Last edited:
Jon....I'm glad to hear that little Jasper is starting to outgrow some of his food allergies and sensitivities. And again, it's good to see you back posting with us again. :)

Addie...peanuts (legumes) and tree nuts are two entirely different things. A child could have a peanut allergy but not a nut allergy, and vice versa. Be careful about what you post....my 11 year old granddaughter definitely doesn't fall into your "...most children at the end of the year can eat a full PB sandwich...." category.

As I stated, that is one allergy's so called science that I don't buy. I certainly wouldn't try it on my child. My niece who is in her 60's has had a "nut" allergy all her life. Whether it be peanut or pecan, it doesn't matter. She carries two Epi Pens with her all the time. She even had a pocket sewed into her wedding gown for the pens.

As I stated, that is one allergy's so called science that I don't buy. I certainly wouldn't try it on my child. My niece who is in her 60's has had a "nut" allergy all her life. Whether it be peanut or pecan, it doesn't matter. She carries two Epi Pens with her all the time. She even had a pocket sewed into her wedding gown for the pens.

You might want to find out more information about this topic before declaring you don't buy it. Your understanding is incomplete. Btw, people often have more than one allergy, so it's possible to be allergic to both tree nuts and peanuts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed...ure-to-peanuts-cuts-allergy-risk-in-children/

https://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/peanut-allergy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom