Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Dawg it's people like you that make a lasting impression on students. I was that kid. We grew up poor. There are only a couple teachers that I would talk to today. There are also a couple that I would like to see and tell them off for what they did or failed to do.

On a lighter note I got to hang out with my grand daughter on her first birthday. Don't get to see her much. This was a special day. FB_IMG_1479125801306.jpg

What a sweet baby, Jon! Sure hope she got her balloon back.

Himself and I were smiling from ear to ear after enjoying GG and Mr. Garlic's company tonight. My darling husband is a very reluctant socializer. As in, he would rather NOT socialize! :LOL: But he had a good time tonight in spite of himself. I think he might be warming up to this "making new friends" thing. Maybe. Not likely...

What a sweet baby, Jon! Sure hope she got her balloon back.

Himself and I were smiling from ear to ear after enjoying GG and Mr. Garlic's company tonight. My darling husband is a very reluctant socializer. As in, he would rather NOT socialize! :LOL: But he had a good time tonight in spite of himself. I think he might be warming up to this "making new friends" thing. Maybe. Not likely...

Same here! :mrgreen: DH and Mr. CG turned out to have an interest in astronomy in common, as well as craft beer and a friendly sports rivalry, so that helped them with the other thing they have in common - being reluctant socializers ;)

Thank you again for spending part of your vacation with us. It was really fun :)

My college roommate dug me up on FB. We're reconnecting, and heading to the Million Woman March in Washington, DC in January!

Good for you!

Oh, we were bad back in the day! I was a bartender, she was a waitress at one of the restos I worked at in college.

This will be a blast! She's had some difficulties, but who hasn't. Both of us have direction issues, so hopefully we will locate the other million women.

Oh, we were bad back in the day! I was a bartender, she was a waitress at one of the restos I worked at in college.

This will be a blast! She's had some difficulties, but who hasn't. Both of us have direction issues, so hopefully we will locate the other million women.

;) Tsk. Tsk! Oh you naughty girl.

This trip sounds so exciting. Will you be there for the inauguration? Do report back though will all the excitement of your trip, with pics of course!

DH is interested in going. He is not allowed. Roommate and I have much catching up to do!

This will be more than a blast!

Many years ago, DH ran me around the capitol after we visited his parents. I was exhausted, even though I was in my 20’s. We saw all the memorials, the Vietnam wall, the White House, the cherry blossoms, the Smithsonian, and whatever else we saw. He'd been there before and grew up in PA, so knew what to look for.

Last edited:
It's surreal, Addie. Have not seen my buddy for over 35 years. Oh, the stories I could tell. We had many adventures!

I'm hoping I can remember enough about the Capitol that I can drag her around and show her stuff, but it's been many years. I have a pretty good memory though, we'll see if it works.

It's surreal, Addie. Have not seen my buddy for over 35 years. Oh, the stories I could tell. We had many adventures!

I'm hoping I can remember enough about the Capitol that I can drag her around and show her stuff, but it's been many years. I have a pretty good memory though, we'll see if it works.

Google the map of DC and take a tour before you leave.

Of course.

We were tough women, put up with a lot back in the day. Can't believe she found me! Looking forward to the march!

Nothing better than a Girls Only trip, dawg! My SIL and went on one every year...until she moved to MA. Now we don't go because our men are retired and want to use the timeshare week. One of us needs to find a big resort unit and both of us couples can go!

Himself and I spent Tuesday afternoon wandering the streets of Colonial Williamsburg's historic district. Had a wonderful time...until he realized that he lost his jacket. ? We retraced our steps but didn't find it. We stopped at their lost and found today - and they had it! He loves that jacket, so I'm really happy for him.

My cat, Monkey, wanting to go on my walk today with Violet. The grass behind us was really really wet so Monkey ran along the top of the fences of the four units in our building, turned around, ran all the way back with us and then jumped down as we continued on the paved path.

It is quite comical to see this tiny black cat toddling along after my 80 pound dog and me! :LOL:

Nothing better than a Girls Only trip, dawg! My SIL and went on one every year...until she moved to MA. Now we don't go because our men are retired and want to use the timeshare week. One of us needs to find a big resort unit and both of us couples can go!

Himself and I spent Tuesday afternoon wandering the streets of Colonial Williamsburg's historic district. Had a wonderful time...until he realized that he lost his jacket. ? We retraced our steps but didn't find it. We stopped at their lost and found today - and they had it! He loves that jacket, so I'm really happy for him.

Oh, I love Colonial Williamsburg!

LP, we had an outdoor cat who adopted us, he followed DH around like a dog. It was hillarious to watch!

Glad you had a good day for Colonial Williamsburg - and that Himself found his jacket! :)

Oh, I love Colonial Williamsburg!

LP, we had an outdoor cat who adopted us, he followed DH around like a dog. It was hillarious to watch!

LOL! Yes, It is quite funny.

Today Monkey lost out. I called three times but she didn't come to the door so Violet and I went alone. When we got back she was waiting at the door. Violet let out a huge "WOOF" right at her as if to say "you snooze you lose"!

Back
Top Bottom