Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My boy always makes me smile. Here's a pic from about a month ago. We went down to the marina to clean out the boat before having it serviced and dry docked for the winter. While DW and I cleaned, my boy grabbed a rod and a hot dog for bait to see what he could catch under the docks.
After nailing about 20 good sized sunnies, I heard him scream "Holy f'n sheep" (or something like that). I first scolded him for his language, but then saw his rod doubled over as he struggled to reel this hawg in.
When he landed it, I corrected myself and said that this was an appropriate time for such an expression.

It came in at about 7.5 lbs.

(Not sure why the pic keeps coming out sideways)

Wow, nice catch!

Thanks, GG. It's as big as sny largemouth that I've caught in my life.

Farmer Jon, he caught it on a lake that is catch and release only, so no chow. Besides, I really dislike eating largemouth bass. Too muddy snd stinky.

Oh, my, bucky! Your "boy" is becoming a young man. What a great picture.

I had a "smile" lunch. My little brother, who towers over me, took me to lunch today at a local bakery/cafe. He's younger than I am, but very, very tall.

We dined at a relatively new (apx. 2 yrs.) bakery and cafe. ALL their sandwiches are made with their artisan and multi-grain breads. Just walking into the place makes your taste buds do the happy dance.

I had a sandwich called the "coal miner." Not sure why it had that name, but it was awesome...ham, provolone, baby spinach, tomato, banana peppers, chopped green olives and more. All on on one of their delicious hoagie rolls. It was huge and I was stuffed like Thursday's turkey.

What made me smile is the nearly 2 hours of conversation we enjoyed. Talked about everything. Our subjects went all over the map. Nearly like a ball bounces about in a pinball machine.

He made me laugh over and over. Love my bro.

Katie, it sounds like it can be a lot of fun to have a wonderful brother. It's stories like yours that make me wish, on rare occasions, that I wasn't an only child.

My boy always makes me smile...
My photos started to go sideways here at DC a few weeks ago, too. I use Dropbox - how about you?

Wow, nice catch!
Sure is, GG. ~ Bucky, your young man will be too, as soon as you let him start dating. Watch out, the girls will be after him!

Himself made me smile when he said "Happy Anniversary" to me a little while ago. 42 years today - wow! I don't want flowers, dinner out, or jewelry. I'll be thrilled if I can get him to vacuum the first floor today! :LOL: After all these years, I don't need much more than his love. :heart:

Himself made me smile when he said "Happy Anniversary" to me a little while ago. 42 years today - wow! I don't want flowers, dinner out, or jewelry. I'll be thrilled if I can get him to vacuum the first floor today! :LOL: After all these years, I don't need much more than his love. :heart:

Aw, your post just made me smile :) Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Thanks, KT.

Thanks, CG. He's just starting to be interested in goils, he's in 7th grade.
The picture was just a straight uploaded attachment from my phone. Not sure why t's sideways even after rotating before uploading.

Oh, and happy anniversary.

My dad passed away about a month ago, the same day as our wedding anniversary. So now I have two reasons to cry every October 10th... :ermm: :angel:

Actually, because of everything going on with my dad that last week, she forgot our anniversary. It was great. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of that one. I should get an Oscar.

Aw, your post just made me smile :) Happy Anniversary! :flowers:
Same here. Happy Anniversary!

Happy Belated Anniversary CG!!! It really doesn't matter how it's remembered, what counts is he remembered.

Bucky, it sure gave me a big smile to see you back! Welcome home! :wub:

Your boy sure has grown into a handsome young man. Wow, how time flies, huh? I'm now up to 6 grands, ages 3-15 - wonderful kids, each and every one of 'em.

I fixed your pic for ya. He looks even better right side up! Nice fish, too! :)

Attachments

• bucky's boy.jpg
    bucky's boy.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Happy Belated Anniversary CG!!!...

+1, CG and Himself! :flowers:
You guys aren't late, our anniversary is today, 11-23. Our wedding started at 2:00 PM, the latest they would hold a Catholic wedding at my parish, due to Saturday evening Mass. Even back then, Himself was notorious for hugging his pillow as late as he could get away with! :LOL: Some things haven't changed in all of these decades...

5 days off in a row has me all mixed up on time and days...I'm fairly sure I go back to work tomorrow night...

CG, a very belated but Happy Anniversary to you and Himself!

Bucky, that boy of yours is going to be a real charmer not too far in the future!

Today is the birthday of two of my dearest friends. And what makes it more special (and easy to remember) is that they both have the same first name! Thinking of how both have brightened up my life really puts a smile on my face! :flowers::clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom