Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, well laugh, smile...they are the same, Right?:)

Well, this latest episode of Rules of Engagement...the cricket match. The challenge banter at the beginning-HILARIOUS! Wish I could find the video for that clip. Lol :D

I'm smiling from ear to ear, as the saying goes [emoji2] Being loyal to a grocery store has some great rewards sometimes [emoji38] We got a coupon from Kroger for *$75* worth of groceries for transferring a prescription to their pharmacy!! I picked it up today and the credit is on our store card. Now we're shopping for a new freezer so I can buy a whole lot of beef chuck and pork shoulder roasts to make sausage with. Sooooo excited!! :clap:

I'm smiling from ear to ear, as the saying goes [emoji2] Being loyal to a grocery store has some great rewards sometimes [emoji38] We got a coupon from Kroger for *$75* worth of groceries for transferring a prescription to their pharmacy!! I picked it up today and the credit is on our store card. Now we're shopping for a new freezer so I can buy a whole lot of beef chuck and pork shoulder roasts to make sausage with. Sooooo excited!! :clap:
:cool: w00t!

Congratulations.

Great deal. Congrats!

We've been spending a lot of fun time with the kids. Much to our son's chagrin, though, his parents are making friends with HIS friends! :LOL:

We had a great time at a minor league baseball game tonight. I've been to only one other minor league game, a long time ago (about a dozen years), and things were less silly then. Tonight there were all sorts of entertaining events taking place on the field between innings. A lot of them were "Harry Potter" influenced since this was "Harry Potter Night" at the game. They also had fireworks after the game - set to music from the movie. Never saw any of them, but I do like listening to most anything composed by John Williams.

BTW, the minor league team won...just like the big boys. This is one fun season!

At the World Series for the Minor Leagues, I was rooting for Texas to take the Title. It would have been a great moral booster at a time when Harvey was doing his best to destroy lives and families.

We've been spending a lot of fun time with the kids. Much to our son's chagrin, though, his parents are making friends with HIS friends! :LOL:...
He's going to have to get used to that when you move back. They are adults. Also, you will probably be making friends with your friends' grown kids. :ohmy: :LOL:

Happiness for me is.....

Today was quite an exceptional day for me. I was sitting on my scooter out in front of the building. I heard a very soft voice ask "Can I get by please? So I start to move my scooter to the side. My granddaughter and her SO jump in front of my scooter. I knew Annie's brother was going to be stopping by in about an hour to bring me my new monitor. But I was stunned to see these two. I certainly wasn't expecting them. Pirate was in a lot of pain and he pretty much stayed in his room. Fine with me. Now you know why I never designated him as my Social Activities Director. But the real surprise was when I brought the girls up to my apartment, Teddy didn't even bark. Nor did he bark when my grandson showed up.

Annie brought me a small cabbage (Perfect for my household and a bowl of KFC Cole Slaw) about four cucumbers, some freshly picked green beans and other goodies picked from their garden just before they left to come down from Maine to Mass. She also brought me a gallon container filled to the brim with freshly picked wild blueberries. She had picked the berries herself. I tasted one. Oh my goodness!!! They are so sweet. I may never eat cultivated blueberries again.

I washed, snapped and blanched the green beans for Spike to seal with the Food Saver I gave him.

Then my grandson arrived. He has in tow my new monitor for my computer. And by this morning I had my new television. My old one blew up a couple of days ago. Grandchildren I don't get to see enough of, a new monitor to replace the one that was on its very last leg, a new TV and my final package from Jet arrived. I have had quite a day.

One of my neighbors just got back from Canada where she picked (and ate) a bunch of wild blueberries. She said the same thing about them.

CD

Happy for you Addie!

and yes, there is nothing like the taste of wild blueberries. Little tiny blue pearls full of pure flavour! Wild ones are double or triple the price of cultivated ones.

That sounds like a great day, Addie. Maybe you'd like to add this post to either the "Last thing that made you smile" thread or "The Thankfulness Club" thread so that it can live on in one of the regular threads and not get lost. Heck, put it in both of them since you both smiled and were thankful!

I knew there was a thread, but for the life of me, I couldn't think of the title. Moderators can you move this to the proper place, please?

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Addie! So glad for you.

Thank you to all. I think I am going to buy a couple of blueberry bushes so my granddaughter can grow them. The last time she went blueberry picking, she looked up and was staring a bear right in its face on the other side of the bush. She let the bear win.

Back
Top Bottom