Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you are fully recovered soon, Addie... :)

Ross

Thank you. I am hoping I can just keep my leg. But I have nothing to complain about. I got 10 years from it that I wasn't supposed to. I am just grateful for those 10 years. Hopping around a small kitchen with crutches is no fun. But at least my kitchen is narrow and I can grab on if I start to fall.

I have no doubt that you will be fine Addie, you're a strong lady!!

Last thing that made me smile:

019.jpg

020.jpg

About, oh two weeks ago, I bought a BIG bag of
assorted chocolate candies for the trick-or-treat-ers,
UMMMMMM :ermm::ohmy::huh::LOL::ROFLMAO:
IT'S GONE!
DH made quick work of that bag, I'll tell you!
Me, well, I only had maybe 5 or 6 pieces, I'm not a
big chocolate fan (I only like the Twix bars :yum:).

Awhile back, DH and I took a road trip to Southern Az again, and took along with us our usual Starbuck's Via Instant coffee.
Both of us noticed that it just wasn't that great and that we should look for something else.
Today, DH suggested that we take our Keurig with us the next time we road trip, uummm, NO! Have you seen how big that thing is?
Rather than be negative, I Googled looking for a travel Keurig, and there is one!
I searched several sites and believe it or not, Keurig offered the best price.
The regualr price, anywhere, is $99.99.
Keurig.com had it on sale for $69.99!
As I was updating my information on their website, I noticed a 'coupon code' for an additional 20% off!
I paid $55.99 plus tax and free shipping!
keurig k15.jpg
That's almost half off!
And yes, I did order the Chili Red color machine ;):cool:

Kgirl, it is very possible it is not your coffee or the machine on your travels... but the water! My British in-laws both swore the tea tasted much different up at the cottage... for the better! LOL but that was pure lake water from the depths of a deep lake as against city water. (just saying but nice score on the new machine! - that doesn't happen to often from the manufacturers themselves.)

You may be right about the water dragn, the water down south of us is horrid!
And, right? When does the manufacturer offer better deals? They must be in need of sales *shrug*

Today I had another smile, courtesy of DH yet again :)

I'm sitting at my little desk in the kitchen looking up a recipe on the computer ...

DH: There seems to be a mouse in the shower
Me: WHAT?!
screaming yikes.jpg
DH: You may want to take a look at that when you have a minute

I dash into the master bathroom and what do I find?
I had washed my hair this morning and had cleared the drain of any of my hair in a small wad in the corner to pick up later and dispose of ...

Me: DEAR!!! That's hair, dang it (as I have my pan in hand to smack a mouse)
DH: Well, it looked like a mouse to me
Me: We need to get you new glasses, oh wait, we just did

:rolleyes:;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

This is a tough one. I've been thinking about it for awhile. The one thing that always pops into my head is not all that recent, but it still pops into my head every time.

I was shooting a 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Spyder, and the customer handed me the keys, and said, "Bring it back when you are done."

I was floored, but did my best to play it cool. I was giddy. And, I got paid for it.

We car guys are weird about what makes us smile.

CD

Casey, that's a great story! How long did it take for you to be done with it?

That's a lotta coffee pot to drag around on vacation, K-Girl. All we've ever taken is one of these:
8f1004b49969651db6e2883bc4af18d5--coffeemaker-us-history.jpg

The one on the left looks exactly like Himself's...from his college days in 1966. Get that kind of mileage out of a Keurig! :D

LOVE the hairy/mouse story, though! :LOL:

Last edited:
Well, I started smiling on Thursday when the Indians won the first game in their playoff round. Got a great big smile on my face after game two Friday evening. It took 13 innings to pull off a win, but that number 13 sure was lucky for them tonight.

CD, looks like your team will be heading to my hometown next week Friday unless our respective opponents work some magic of their own.

I was pretty nervous about that one, so I put less than 10 miles on it. But, I did drive it properly. A Ferrari six-carb V-12 will foul the plugs if you don't wind them up before shifting. So, for the good of the car... ;)

CD

That's a lotta coffee pot to drag around on vacation, K-Girl. All we've ever taken is one of these:
8f1004b49969651db6e2883bc4af18d5--coffeemaker-us-history.jpg

The one on the left looks exactly like Himself's...from his college days in 1966. Get that kind of mileage out of a Keurig! :D

LOVE the hairy/mouse story, though! :LOL:

HA! :LOL:
We had two like those "Brew-a-cup" way back when!

DH is so hooked on K-cup coffee since we visited with our nephew's wife back in oh, maybe 2013. She has the big one, which we ordered as soon as we got home!
Keurig® Mini K15 Coffee Maker | Small Coffee Machine
This compact sizer looks ok by me for car travel that is ;)

You may be right about the water dragn, the water down south of us is horrid!
And, right? When does the manufacturer offer better deals? They must be in need of sales *shrug*

Today I had another smile, courtesy of DH yet again :)

I'm sitting at my little desk in the kitchen looking up a recipe on the computer ...

DH: There seems to be a mouse in the shower
Me: WHAT?!
View attachment 28099
DH: You may want to take a look at that when you have a minute

I dash into the master bathroom and what do I find?
I had washed my hair this morning and had cleared the drain of any of my hair in a small wad in the corner to pick up later and dispose of ...

Me: DEAR!!! That's hair, dang it (as I have my pan in hand to smack a mouse)
DH: Well, it looked like a mouse to me
Me: We need to get you new glasses, oh wait, we just did

:rolleyes:;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

:LOL: Oh, yes indeedy. :LOL: And now I know what's missing in my random collection of pots and pans -- a mouse smacker.

Well, I started smiling on Thursday when the Indians won the first game in their playoff round. Got a great big smile on my face after game two Friday evening. It took 13 innings to pull off a win, but that number 13 sure was lucky for them tonight.

CD, looks like your team will be heading to my hometown next week Friday unless our respective opponents work some magic of their own.

I have a team in the MLB playoffs? How did I miss that? :LOL:

CD

:LOL: Oh, yes indeedy. :LOL: And now I know what's missing in my random collection of pots and pans -- a mouse smacker.

We had mice when we moved into a new house, and it took a few weeks to get them all. I was cleaning up mouse droppings with a shop vac, and encountered a mouse.

Thaaawump! Sucked it right up. :ROFLMAO:

CD

DH's good buddy (they worked together for 25+ years) from back home in Hawaii, and his wife, came to visit with us not long ago and we all had a great time! So nice to be with folks that you've known for a good portion of your life.

Today, we received yet another goody box from Hawaii!

002.JPG

Oh my gravy all over my two scoops rice (that's OMG! in my world) !!!

Two of those bags of snacks are already GONE!!!

DH's afternoon cuppa coffee was made all the better with Lion Coffee from Hawaii, Vanilla Macadamia Nut flavored, MMM! :yum:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:;)

Heh, it works!

We had a terrible time one summer, back in Hawaii,
with field mice in the house.
One evening after work, I was taking a shower and in runs
our 130 pound German Shepherd and DH, both all worked about something
or another.
I had put down glue traps to try to figure out where the little beasties
were coming from. Well, I got a hit and the thing was squeaking away downstairs.
"Come get this thing!" DH exclaimed and poor doggie had jumped up on the bed in fear. MEN! :LOL:
I wrapped a towel around me and grabbed my "disposal tongs" and off it went with a small prayer, apologizing to it.
"Sorry buddy, but you just can't come in my house, oh and tell all your friends too."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom