"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #761
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kitchenelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,725
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I'm going to get a free pink laptop, a free pink cell phone, a $500 gift certificate to Best Buy (I think), another gift certificate to Red Lobster AND Chili's and E-Bay needs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the love, don't you?
__________________
kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #762
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
I'm going to get a free pink laptop, a free pink cell phone, a $500 gift certificate to Best Buy (I think), another gift certificate to Red Lobster AND Chili's and E-Bay needs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the love, don't you?
I sure do and do you have a firm clasp on your purse?

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #763
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Being Ma and taking care of the little guys can be a headache at times, today Carson wanted to use my knee as a chew toy, so he caught me unprepared when he took a bite..I yelled ouch and Ethan who was sitting watching Blues Clues, jumped up came running over to the sofa, climbed up put his arms around me and said you okay Ma? you okay? He then hugged me and kissed my forhead and was off again for the rest of his tape Did that make me smile, yep it did and little Carson by then was up on the couch jockying for his place on my lap Ah being a Ma!!!!!

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #764
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Orleans/Baton Rouge
Posts: 24
Saints winning in the reopening of the Dome. NOLA will never die, that was OUR superbowl.
lsutiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 AM   #765
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutiger
Saints winning in the reopening of the Dome. NOLA will never die, that was OUR superbowl.
I bet it was!! DH was excited about seeing them play at home again. I hope it gives the locals a little comfort that SOMETHING is back to normal.
Congrats to the Saints!!
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:01 AM   #766
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 3,835
Kadesma, one of my sisters was always one to run to my mother's lap when she was playing and getting excited. One day she did that and bit my mother on the thigh about half way up. She made blood blisters on Mom and it took the fun out of the game. I don't know how Mom broke her of the habit, but I'm sure it was right away.
__________________
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #767
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
Kadesma, one of my sisters was always one to run to my mother's lap when she was playing and getting excited. One day she did that and bit my mother on the thigh about half way up. She made blood blisters on Mom and it took the fun out of the game. I don't know how Mom broke her of the habit, but I'm sure it was right away.
licia,
Carson only does this to me, his mom and Cade, why we just don't know.He will look at us as he does it and smile or giggle as if we were playing a game. His mom, has spanked his hands, firmly told him no, bit him back, but he still does it. Most of the time I'm ready for him, I put my hand on his head and say No Carson it hurts and he doesn't bite me, but if I'm slow in saying anything he gets me!!! I'll find a way yet, but I fear many more black and blue, and purples coming I guess we just smile and try to find the winning combination...

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #768
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,984
Hearing my son play his kazoo this morning.
vagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #769
Cook
 
Always Hungry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: W. Hollywood, California
Posts: 60
Send a message via Yahoo to Always Hungry
This is an easy one. Every night before I go to bed, watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien. That doesn't make me smile........it makes me laugh until my face hurts.
__________________
www.lourdesgourmet.com
We make good food, great. TM
Always Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #770
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kitchenelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,725
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
wasabi's back!!!! I hope you had a great trip!
__________________
kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #771
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,677
Yes I did! We had lots of fun. Grandson is doing very well. Saw a lot of pretty sights. Had a terrific diner at Salty's (I had the whole dungeness crab, delish. Did a lot of shopping. Very tired, good to home.
Seeing your post made me smile, elf.
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #772
Head Chef
 
phinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Surface of the Sun
Posts: 1,912
This made me smile...

__________________
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #773
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mazatlan
Posts: 20,334
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I woke up to two very nice PMs from two very nice members this morning.

Thank you!!
__________________
Love the life you live!
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:34 PM   #774
Senior Cook
 
KathyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sunny and Rainy California
Posts: 171
I haven't read the entire thread...(very long!!)

but laughed out load this week coming to work when I saw some calves in the field running. It's really kind of funny, because it's more like jump-running. They don't quite know what to do with their legs, so they kind of jump straight up and then forward.... I drive through the country on my way to work.
KathyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #775
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJ
I haven't read the entire thread...(very long!!)

but laughed out load this week coming to work when I saw some calves in the field running. It's really kind of funny, because it's more like jump-running. They don't quite know what to do with their legs, so they kind of jump straight up and then forward.... I drive through the country on my way to work.
Kathy,
You should see them the first few moments after birth, Scraggly,wet,shakey, they tremble as they start to nurse, but if your close enough you can feel how warm and soft they are, there is nothing quite like a lick from a youg calf or foal..And they have that "puppy breath" Just watching them stutter tep along makes me smile.

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:09 AM   #776
Head Chef
 
phinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Surface of the Sun
Posts: 1,912
Mizzphinz and me smiling
__________________
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #777
Contest Winner
 
Maidrite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pageland SC
Posts: 3,113
Talking

The Love on DC, is there anything better ?
__________________
If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #778
Senior Cook
 
KathyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sunny and Rainy California
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Kathy,
You should see them the first few moments after birth, Scraggly,wet,shakey, they tremble as they start to nurse, but if your close enough you can feel how warm and soft they are, there is nothing quite like a lick from a youg calf or foal..And they have that "puppy breath" Just watching them stutter tep along makes me smile.

kadesma
I have! I grew up in Michigan on a dairy farm... last time I was home, my brother said he never gets tired of watching newbies. I think he had 3 born during the week I was home. and guess who got to bottle-feed. I tell you, if you've never tried to bottle-feed 3 calves in the same pen..... with 1 bottle.... meaning you're fighting off 2 of them while 1 feeds!!!! Those 2 ended up sucking on my pant legs. so funny.
KathyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #779
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJ
I have! I grew up in Michigan on a dairy farm... last time I was home, my brother said he never gets tired of watching newbies. I think he had 3 born during the week I was home. and guess who got to bottle-feed. I tell you, if you've never tried to bottle-feed 3 calves in the same pen..... with 1 bottle.... meaning you're fighting off 2 of them while 1 feeds!!!! Those 2 ended up sucking on my pant legs. so funny.
I know, I've done that here when my son was at home, and first learning to raise his brahmas. I've gotten knocked down by an over eager youngster when they try to get the milk to come out of the bottle faster It's fun though and they are cute..Love when they trail after you saying Maaaaaaaaa

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #780
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,380
We were at the park Saturday night and they have a bandstand there. All of a sudden my 4 year grandson got up on it and started to sing all of his favorite songs he learned from his day care. It was so sweet.
__________________
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. Unknown
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.