Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got today's grocer's flyers, starting this Thursday....

LOBSTER SEASON! YEAAAA!!!!

As long as the shells aren't as hard as they were 2 years ago. We almost had to go out to the barn and put them in the vice to break them. Not just once but for the whole season... grrrr - almost put me off lobster

Got today's grocer's flyers, starting this Thursday....

LOBSTER SEASON! YEAAAA!!!!

As long as the shells aren't as hard as they were 2 years ago. We almost had to go out to the barn and put them in the vice to break them. Not just once but for the whole season... grrrr - almost put me off lobster

I'm green with envy.. how much are they selling for in your grocery flyer and would you ship us two overnight ? I'll kill them myself, or have SC do it on second thought. :D

Last edited:
Our sweet Silly-Sally-Cali-Gal has finally discovered her sleeping "pod" she got for Christmas. Guess she decided to give it a try after all this time. Here's a picture of her. This how she is normally many hours of the day. Well, a kitty girl has to get her 18 hours of sleep.

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 88
Our sweet Silly-Sally-Cali-Gal has finally discovered her sleeping "pod" she got for Christmas. Guess she decided to give it a try after all this time. Here's a picture of her. This how she is normally many hours of the day. Well, a kitty girl has to get her 18 hours of sleep.

Such a pretty kitty. Looks like a great sleeping pod for a cat, but you know, they have to sort of discover it for themselves.

I'm green with envy.. how much are they selling for in your grocery flyer and would you ship us two overnight ? I'll kill them myself, or have SC do it on second thought. :D

Well I'm pretty sure they will sound expensive to some of you who can walk out the back door, cross the street and grab some for lunch but here (Montreal, Canada area) $7.77 per lb is great - max size is 1 1/4 lb.

Two pounders and plus are not readily available, I've heard those are usually shipped over the pacific. If they are available, they are way over my pay grade.

More appetizing phrase is "cooking" them (or boiling, steaming, grilling) don't you think? :LOL: 'killing' them is a little 'uncouth' no? :LOL:

I get out my waterbath kettle, fill salted water, when boiling drop them in- head first. Easy peasy.

Had a lively one who's claws I couldn't bring together - must have just come from the gym! Thought I was going to have to drop him in with the bands on. (you hang on to the 2 claws with one hand in order to pull the elastics off with your other hand - keeps you from getting a nasty crunch from the 'crusher')
It was like a dog who spreads his four paws and straddles the tub to avoid a bath. :ROFLMAO:

That pod is so cute, Katie! And so is Sally. :heart: Is this something you whipped up, or is it store bought? Also, if you did make it and have time, could you make one for a full-grown person? :cool: Asking for a friend...

That pod is so cute, Katie! And so is Sally. :heart: Is this something you whipped up, or is it store bought? Also, if you did make it and have time, could you make one for a full-grown person? :cool: Asking for a friend...

No, I didn't make it. I bought it online but I don't remember where. Amazon has it and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay Amaon's price for Sally's.

When I went to the studio to see her and Bella this morning Sally, not surprisingly, was in her pod. She hopped out for a "good morning" and her sweet little body was warm as toast.

^^^We are both [emoji38]:ROFLMAO:[emoji38]
"It was like a dog who spreads his four paws and straddles the tub to avoid a bath."
One of our cats did that at the vet once - she wouldn't get out of the cat carrier and straddled the opening to avoid it :ROFLMAO: We even turned it completely upside down! Eventually we got her out, but OMG! [emoji38]

Another cat we have now is the opposite. She'll love on anyone. Last time she was at the vet, she purred so loudly, the vet couldn't hear her heartbeat! [emoji813] :ROFLMAO:

I am a happy camper. The HVAC technician just left after giving our AC a thorough exam and cleaning. Nothing broken. It just needed to be cleaned. We will be getting a maintenance contract with this company. Due to the location of the head unit of our "split" AC, it just isn't safe for us to try to take the filter out. It's working great, just in time for a bit of a heat wave.
hapydancsmil.gif

Now, fingers crossed that they are more reliable than the last company we used. They were supposed to come once a year and clean the filters, but they never phoned for an appointment last year. And it's supposed to be every two months anyways.

Too hot for me, I got sick at work from the heat. Just got home and turned on the AC, that and a cool shower should set me right. Just wonder what I'll do when it gets HOT.

PF, I hope you feel better soon. I hate the heat (anything over 70, 75 if it's desert dry) but it doesn't make me sick. You take care - your old people need you!

I am a happy camper. The HVAC technician just left after giving our AC a thorough exam and cleaning. Nothing broken...
That's great news, taxy! Thank goodness that our A/C had hummed away nicely when we used it last week. (Hope I didn't just jinx us) It looks like today is the last nice summer day for a while - 74 and sunny, dry, with a cool breeze. Starting tomorrow highs are going into the mid 80s, with lows only in the mid 60s, clear through to at least next month! :ohmy:

Reading all your posts and how you encourage and/or cajole each other. I have missed that. It puts a big smile on my face!

You're just going to have to come around more often, LP! That way we can get back to cajoling you, too.

I'm happy that fixing the water leak for the refrigerator was a simple one. I bought the new piece of water line and fittings when I was grocery shopping Friday, Himself installed everything Saturday. Fresh water and ice through the door dispenser works again! :clap: Now if I only hadn't tripped over the rolled up area rug, fallen hard, and jammed my toe, my big toe might not be pretty shades of purple and green right now. Ouchie!

Thanks for the hug. It seems to be just the toenail. Nothing else hurts when I wiggle my toe or press down anywhere else other than the nail. It's the prettiest shade of mauve. Maybe I should buy a bottle of polish in that color and do the rest of the nails?

Back
Top Bottom