Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just have to share this with y'all :

My phone ran, which it rarely does, and when I looked at the caller id, it was a number that was not recognized,
FROM HAWAII!!!

I answered in the Hawaiian language,
"Aloha"
Hello

no response

"Pehea oe?"
How are you?
(I'll do this when I don't know the number and want to freak-out the robo-call center)
Finally:
HELLO, ALOHA! MAIKAI! I'm well ...

It was a private company in Honolulu that wanted to do a Customer Service Survey on a call that I had made to our BC/BS back home ...

Folks back there are so incredibly nice, I miss home

OMG, the Cleveland Browns are in the playoffs! [emoji44] It's been forever, and today's game was pretty-ugly, but they're in. Can't wait until next game.

...and the Patriots are NOT in the playoffs! Now I have to wait an extra month before the baseball season starts.

The whole world is upside down.

Well, Andy, I'm kinda enjoying the view from here right now. ;)

Between the rematch of Browns-Steelers next weekend, and then the college championship game a week from Monday with the Buckeyes facing off against 'Bama, I'm not thinking baseball just yet. :ermm: Well, not as much about baseball, actually.

I've been using this pic of a blue-footed booby for my phone's lock screen for a couple of weeks. Never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Screenshot_20200918-181616.jpg

A friend of ours emailed this to us.
We both got a pretty good giggle.
We gave each other a kiss and said :

A group of women were at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with their husbands. The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?" All the women raised their hands.

Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?" Some women answered today, a few yesterday, and some couldn't remember. The women were then told to take out their cell phones and text their husband the following: "I love you, sweetheart."

Next, the women were instructed to exchange phones with another woman and read aloud the text message they received in response to their message.

Below are 12 hilarious replies. If you have been married for quite a while, you understand that these replies are a sign of true love....who else would reply in such a succinct and honest way?

1. Who the hell is this?

2. Eh, mother of my children, are you sick or what?

3. Yeah, and I love you too. What's wrong?

4. What now? Did you wreck the car again?

5. I don't understand what you mean?

6. What the hell did you do now?

8. Don't beat about the bush; just tell me how much you need?

9. Am I dreaming?

10. If you don't tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die.

11. I thought we agreed you wouldn't drink during the day.

12. Your mother is coming to stay with us, isn't she?

We tell each other everyday "I love you" :wub:

OMG, the Cleveland Browns are in the playoffs! [emoji44] It's been forever, and today's game was pretty-ugly, but they're in. Can't wait until next game.

Very disappointing game against the Chiefs. That fumble into the end zone killed them. I’m rooting for the Bills and Bucs to meet in the SB.

Very disappointing game against the Chiefs. That fumble into the end zone killed them. I’m rooting for the Bills and Bucs to meet in the SB.
The fumble that might have been a helmet-to-helmet penalty against the Chiefs has a ref been in a different position. Split milk.

I'm on the other side of a Super Bowl match-up: I would like to see Bills vs Packers. I have a friend who is a serious Bills fan (she cheers Browns when we play, I cheer for her Bills when they play) and I'd like to see "Rogers" end up with some hardware. As a non-Patriots fan, I have so had my fill of Brady. And I had my fill of Bill before he was unceremoniously cut by the Browns as they moved to Baltimore. All you have to say to a Browns fan is "Kosar" and you can see the veins in their neck. :LOL: After this past season, I'd say that Belichick has "diminishing skills".

BTW, it's good to see you back here at DC. Don't be a stranger. ;)

Back
Top Bottom