Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
texasgirl said:
. He has some kind of an appointment with someone at UPS on Sunday. It has to do with the shipping dept, I think is what he said. I just love it!!

wow tg, something to do with the shipping dept. of ups?!?! who-da thunk it? :) :rolleyes:

just kidding, congrats to your son. i'm sure it's a big relief.

c.whalen, your dog is a beauty!

cora, i forgot to respond on the thread i saw about your show. good luck, er, i mean, break a leg! (do you say that to dancers?)

Just minutes ago I snapped this pic of my boy.

Attachments

• static.jpg
    static.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 229
Great picture, vagriller!

Finally, some good news in the mudbug department. HH and daughter have both been sick as dogs for the past entire week with strep and strep/bronchitis (HH), fevers, many garbage bags full of used kleenex, and misery.

However, the mood brightened yesterday when daughter found out she has been accepted to participate in the People to People Student Ambassadors program. She will be visiting England, Ireland, and Wales for 3 weeks this coming summer. I am very excited for her and waaaaaaaay jealous (but still smiling).

Talked with my mom this morning and she remembered her Scottish grandfather, who lived in the finished attic in her parents house... he used to sit up there, read encyclopedias, drink whiskey and pee out the bedroom window. :LOL: He just didn't feel like walking down the stairs. The window was right over the kitchen door so her parents (also Scottish) installed one of those metal awnings above the door so people wouldn't be hit by the unexpected! I'd heard that story when I was growing up but it had been years since I was reminded of it.

Fraidy

Last edited:
C.Whalen said:
I woke this morning to a gentle quacking coming from her room.
That cracks me up. What a great way to start a morning right.

That type of thing is cute at 7-8am, but at 5 am it's not as cute!

vagriller - GREAT picture! lol

mud and fraidy - wonderful stories

TAT - where you moving to?

I just shuffled through some really old pictures - it was great to look at them - made me smile.

vagriller said:
Where to?[/quote With your rec.'s I hope you are moving close to me --- SO that I can come over for dinner!!!!!!! LOL - The last thing that made me smile was my bf ( or EX BF) telling me that he really LOVED me - ....felt so right - wish I could hold that moment forevever) Hope all goes well with the move - if you do move near here ---let me know and I will help in any way I can---YOUR ...SECOND best friend---Reanie:rolleyes:

We took our youngest daughter, her DH, Ethan and Olivia for a ride to watch the salmon spawn this morning. After we fish watched, we made lunch in the motor home and I played with Livi, we played patty cake and how big is livi, then she settled back in my lap drank some of her milk and then looked up and said MA!!!! reached up and patted my cheek. Wow, did I smile:) I can't believe she will be a year old at the end of January.

kadesma

We did Toys for Tots today.

That's me on the left, and mizzphinz on the right. Today was her first time trooping and she had a *blast.* My face still hurts from smiling.

289019825_1b988d9fd1.jpg

mudbug said:
That's a good one, Fraidy. Reminded me of my own grandfather who would pop a beer at 8 a.m. after my grandmother died.
I think my grandparents were mostly tee-totallers after what G-Grandpa Douglas used to do! But imagine a Scotsman not having a sip of something (no matter what time of day)!

It was a lovely attic room though; Grandpa Brown did a wonderful job finishing the attic in that old house. There was a large bedroom and a big sash window (that was the one, look out below!). There was a cushioned window seat with storage in the bench in the nook of the wide dormer with 3 smaller screened windows and also a small sitting room separated by one of those folding door things. There was another window in the sitting room as well. Just no upstairs bathroom... :LOL:

I lived in that attic myself for a bit when we got back from Bangkok in 1971. I'm glad I can still share these memories with my mom. She'll be 81 in January.

Fraidy

Last edited:
mudbug said:
That's a good one, Fraidy. Reminded me of my own grandfather who would pop a beer at 8 a.m. after my grandmother died.

I think my grandparents were mostly tee-totallers after what G-Grandpa Douglas used to do! But imagine a Scotsman not having a sip of something (no matter what time of day)!

It was a lovely attic room though; Grandpa Brown did a wonderful job finishing the attic in that old house. There was a large bedroom and a big sash window (that was the one, look out below!). There was a cushioned window seat with storage room in the bench in the nook of the wide dormer with 3 smaller screened windows. There was also a small sitting room separated by one of those sliding folding door things. There was another window in the sitting room with some chairs and a day-bed. Just no bathroom... :LOL:

I lived in that attic myself for a bit when we got back from Bangkok in 1971. I'm glad I can still share these memories with my mom. She'll be 81 in January.

Fraidy

After two weeks without hot water (broken water pipe under house slab foundation), we have running hot water again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

watching a helpful teenager helping a old granny across a busy road... :)

Back
Top Bottom