Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting Carson, Ethan and Olivia here today for the first time in several weeks. It's the first time I've ever had to say to my daughters, I can't watch them, I'm just too darn weak..It was heaven to watch Olivia walk all over the house, give me her little baby kisses, and have Carson want me to hold him and Ethan up around my neck asking "you ok Ma?" Wow, it all felt so good:)
kadesma

Thanks Trish,
I had my doubts there for a couple days...But, I'm feeling much better. I still tire out pretty fast, but the coughing is letting up so I rest a lot better.

kadesma:)

This not only made me smile, it made me laugh out loud. I got up this morning and took the dog outside, to find my mom's dog going crazy at the fence to the swimming pool. I look at the pool and there are three geese in the pool bathing and playing. The dog is going mad and the geese look as if they are thumbing their noses at her..They stayed over an hour enjoying their swim, gracefully listed off and took flight again..I've no idea where they were off to, but enjoyed the circus while it lasted:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

This happened this morning!!

Just back from the barn to thaw out a bit....

Attachments

• DSCF0050 (2).JPG
    DSCF0050 (2).JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 205
bethzaring said:
Just back from the barn to thaw out a bit....
This happened this morning!!
Oh Beth,
they are beautiful. What a wonderful way to greet the day.

kadesma:)

I just got home from picking TC up at school & hubby & Savannah are cuddled up on the couch together sound asleep. It's such a heartwarming sight!

cool! and thnx, yes they are :)

I thought the Big white one was a sheep and the little critter in the brown and white was a baby cow (and it didn`t make sense to me).

I want One now :)

YT2095 said:
cool! and thnx, yes they are :)

I thought the Big white one was a sheep and the little critter in the brown and white was a baby cow (and it didn`t make sense to me).

I want One now :)

I do, too. But the city fathers would frown on it as we live right in the city. I'll bet your little one would like one, too.

Maybe you have a petting zoo near you where you both could get a baby goat "fix."

we do actually, about a 15 min drive from here, but I think we`ll wait until she`s a little older and less likely to harm them (she`s got this thing for trying to peck the eyes out of toys and cats, Strange Child!).

I want to get a Rabbit actualy, the amount of Veg I chop up and "waste" left a Bunny would be More than happy with, I can only eat So many letuce and cabbage hearts etc...

YT2095 said:
I want to get a Rabbit actualy, the amount of Veg I chop up and "waste" left a Bunny would be More than happy with, I can only eat So many letuce and cabbage hearts etc...

A bunny is a great idea. Until you get one, how about composting your scraps. That's what Buck and I do. We converted a large plastic outside trash can by drilling 1-inch holes on the upper portion of the can for ventilation. Now all our scraps go there, along with the shredded paper from our paper shredded for the dry matter.

We started doing this last June and already have some nice crumbly black matter we can use on our garden this year. Funny, too, because our "real" trash seems to have reduced significantly since we've been composting. It takes two weeks to fill up our 13-gallon kitchen waste bin. Used to empty it at least once, maybe twice, per week.

YT2095 said:
I think we`ll wait until she`s a little older and less likely to harm them (she`s got this thing for trying to peck the eyes out of toys and cats, Strange Child!).

LOL, any self respecting kitty would put an end to that behaviour promptly. I see you are planning on a bunny which is cool. If you do ever decide to get a cat try for a boy kitty. Once they are neutered they don't "smell" and they are so loving you wouldn't believe it. I've lived with both all my life and the boy cats are by far the most tolerant of small kids and the most snuggly.

I compost at my Gardens, but at home not so much, our back "garden" is a postage stamp and we have no front garden at all.
the back is a patio area with a shed at the bottom and a path to it, there is a section 18 inch x 9 foot that we have roses in and a tomato plant climber.
the grass setion is 9 foot x 6 foot and that IT!
our entire back garden *sigh*

I think I`ll wait until we get a Bunny :)
I can bring (s)he into the Lab for the winter and put it out the back in the summer, esp when the grass needs mowing, would ya beleive that my wife Still won`t let me have a Petrol Mover for our grass!
I think that`s just Spitefull!

YT I had a pet goat & 2 rabbits growing up, at diffrent times. I loved my babies & would love to be able for my kids to have the experience of having pets like that.

Goodweeds posting about what people love...

reading all the posts put me in a much better mood.

Thanks goodweed!

Back
Top Bottom