Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mom wrote a few days ago and said she was sending me a book

I wrote back and said I was sending her her birthday package...
I got WATER FOR ELEPHANTS for her.

Guess what book she sent me?
Yep, WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.

On my way home from work, I saw a guy walking his Golden Retriever. As I passed, I noticed the dog was clenching his end of the leash in his mouth. I mused that each of them thought he was walking the other.

I was downstairs sneaking a cigarette, and down comes my three year old. I figured, no big deal, she is only three and can't tattle on me...
Wrong!! She takes one look at me and runs back up stairs yelling "Momma, Daddy mokin!!"
I was in big trouble, but couldn't help laughing anyway.

aubrey

went shopping with my granddaughter and my greatgranddaughter aubrey today.

she is learing to talk. i said to her mom, many many many moons ago. she began to repeat it as a mantra. rest of shopping trip she just had fun saying many many.

made me smile many times

babe:LOL:

I made my usual Friday afternoon call to my 83 year old Dad today. Usually he complains that he has nothing to do, no one ever calls or visits him, yada yada yada. Well, when I called him (which both my sister and I do twice a week each), he asked if he could call me back tomorrow because he was watching the Masters on TV while playing in a just-for-fun poker tournatment on the computer and waiting for a call from a lady friend about going to her place for dinner!

I had to try really hard not to chuckle into the phone!

I got two calls today first one was to see if I would watch Olivia tomorrow..I then got a call from Cade who along with his mom are off track at school..Mom is going to cover next week for a new dad who wants to spend time with his wife and brand new baby and who cannot afford to pay for a sub...so my daughter said she would do it and they are going to trade off..She needed a place for Cade and he wanted his Ma:ROFLMAO::LOL: yippeeeeeee
You have no idea how I've been missing taking care of my little ones, to be honest I've been very unhappy, useless and awful without them...I can hardly wait til morning...

kadesma

It was a gorgeous day today between morning and afternoon. Sunny, mid-70s, nice breeze. I got to ride my motorcycle a little despite having nowhere to go. When I got back, I noticed the crocuses were open. They'd had buds for at least a few days, but this was the first they were open.

hey, all, I'll send you my triple AAA personality type father in law for free-----he got so frustrated with spending every weekend trying to repair his mower (and he was a mechanical engineer and could repair anything and he was proud of boasting that "can't do it" wasn't in his vocab) that after 6 weeks of frustrating, expensive repairs and the darn thing still wouldn't work .....he was so mad that he took a hammer to the mower and beat the innards out of it.......he said it was the best feeling ever.......

hey, all, I'll send you my triple AAA personality type father in law for free-----he got so frustrated with spending every weekend trying to repair his mower (and he was a mechanical engineer and could repair anything and he was proud of boasting that "can't do it" wasn't in his vocab) that after 6 weeks of frustrating, expensive repairs and the darn thing still wouldn't work .....he was so mad that he took a hammer to the mower and beat the innards out of it.......he said it was the best feeling ever.......
That's so funny! It's true that there's a special feeling when you beat the heck out of something that has caused you grief. (Inanimate, of course;).) All my friends know that if they have some demolition to be done, call me. I love it. It's like therapy! Just this week, my girlfriend and I tore out a wall and counter she's been wanting to remove. I feel great!!!!

That's so funny! It's true that there's a special feeling when you beat the heck out of something that has caused you grief. (Inanimate, of course;).) All my friends know that if they have some demolition to be done, call me. I love it. It's like therapy! Just this week, my girlfriend and I tore out a wall and counter she's been wanting to remove. I feel great!!!!

I wished that he had known you, Fisher's Mom.........I have thrown uncooperative pie dough across the room and that was the best feeling ever as it plopped down after hitting the wall in a limp heap on the floor:LOL:

That is so nice of you Stacy!

It made me smile to see you back. I was just telling James last night that I hadn't seen you on here lately, and we were both hoping everything is ok.

:)Barbara
P.S. I guess you really weren't "gone" for long--but I hadn't noticed any of your posts! I have been in and out so much!

I don't get a chance to really be on here except on Sundays. Every once in a while during the week, I will pop in real quick to see what's going on. This job is the pits.;)

It was a gorgeous day today between morning and afternoon. Sunny, mid-70s, nice breeze. I got to ride my motorcycle a little despite having nowhere to go. When I got back, I noticed the crocuses were open. They'd had buds for at least a few days, but this was the first they were open.

Aww, BEAUTIFUL!!!

goodness, it snowed in Detroit earlier?????That's unbelievable.....I'm "stuck" in the coldest capital in the world and the weather is absolute beautiful!!!!! Only a jacket to run around in ..........gorgeous sunset on the river walk to our apartment......life is beautiful......brilliant reds and golds filtering over the sky at sunset...... now it's dark and the sun has set and the river is now lit up with green lights illuminating all the trees....people and children are everywhere enjoying the great weather.....such a beautiful sight......

Back
Top Bottom