Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the kids who I tutor at the school.

He makes me feel like a kid again, and I just have to smile & laugh for him when after telling him something from a book we read, he opens his mouth & eyes wide in surprise and amazement! I get a kick out of that!!

Then he'll say; "Boy, I didn't know that! I'm so glad that you're tutoring me. You're telling me a lot of things that I didn't know." Then we both smile at each other!

that's sweet.

I was teaching at school this afternoon and the three girls in the group decided that have a spoon in their mouth would stop them crying when cutting the onions. I got some great pics of them working around the table with spoons dangling out of their mouths. BTW It didn't work.

Didn't think that it would.

Yes luvs, this kid has my heart and he likes me a lot. I smile at him a lot because he does some amazing things - and boy, he likes to talk! I LOVE being with him and helping him read! Sweet kid! I wish that he were my son!

I love to listen to him talk! He talks me to death and I love it. This is part of why I say that he makes me feel like a kid again. We both laugh, smile and read together. He's very phenomenal!!

Last edited:
I was teaching at school this afternoon and the three girls in the group decided that have a spoon in their mouth would stop them crying when cutting the onions. I got some great pics of them working around the table with spoons dangling out of their mouths. BTW It didn't work.
OMG, that had to be a sight! Don't you just love it when kids really get into something enough to have fun with it?? I'd love to know what made them think the spoons would help when cutting onions. My kids just like to compete to see who can keep the spoon hanging the longest. I've spent quite a few meals with a table full of spoon-wearing people trying to make each other laugh hard enough to make the spoon fall.

I just remembered a good memory this morning that made me smile. When I was teaching kindergarten there was a little boy in my class who was borderline obsessive compulsive. Everything had to be exactly right and in place or he would have a nervous breakdown. One day he was playing a game where he was supposed to match a number word to a numeral. He was using a chart on the wall to make sure he got it right. He had ever number matched up except for five and he came to me saying he couldn't find that one (keep in mind the game was handmade and therefore hand-written). I went with him to the chart and we compared the letters f-i-v-e on the game to the chart on the wall and I said, "See, they match." He said, "No they don't! (pointing at the handmade one) This one has a yonger yine!" I guess I should have printed letters for the game! :LOL:

That is so funny and cute Michelle!

What made me smile this morning was when Cubbie (German Shepherd) jumped up in bed with me. He sat next to me and was looking down at me with a big "smile" on his face! It was so cute!

:)Barbara

I am smiling big time today because it's my grandson Josh's 6th birthday. He will be coming over tonight to have cake and ice cream. I can't wait to see his little face when he opens his gifts. His mom told me he really wanted a game called FLIPPING FROGS. Luckly I found it at Target. He will be so pleased. He is such a good little boy.

I am smiling big time today because it's my grandson Josh's 6th birthday...
Happy Birthday Josh!

:)Barbara
14.gif

:)Getting my first hummingbirds yesterday, this morning one was on the feeder and he/she had it all to it's self no fighting until the 6 feeders yet to come when they all get here.

Today DH had to take me shopping for some items for my Saturday catering assignment. On the way out of the store was a women canvassing for the blind. She was obviously sighted because she must have seen my tired cane-aided limp and one eye half shut due to my sinus infection. As I was digging into my purse for some money, she said "its okay my dear, you look like you need it more". At first I was angry, but then couldn't help but smile that she noticed me discomfort. I made DH go back with a $5.00 Bill!

JP - THAT'S where our hummingbirds went! They winter down here, and as the weather improves, they migrate back north. I haven't seen any for a week or so, but during the winter, my feeder level goes down very fast. They even nest in our lychee tree on the patio and raise their babies. Fun to watch them take their first flights...take good care of them, and send them back to Mexico in the fall.......

Last edited:
JP - THAT'S where our hummingbirds went! They winter down here, and as the weather improves, they migrate back north. I haven't seen any for a week or so, but during the winter, my feeder level goes down very fast. They even nest in our lychee tree on the patio and raise their babies. Fun to watch them take their first flights...take good care of them, and send them back to Mexico in the fall.......
:) No problem, we love our little hummers we live in Northern New Mexico right on the Colorado border the only one's we get are the Broad-Tailed and around august we get the Rufous and that's when the sugar wars really begin.:LOL:. No one on the ranch gets as many as we do I'm guessing with both kinds at least 150 but I think more. I go thru over 100 pounds of sugar every summer unless a lot of them don't make it back. If we hold a finger on one of the perches one will eventually land on your finger. I always know they are coming when I hear their unmistakable whirr.

Wishing you a very "Happy Birthday Josh " !!!!!

Thanks Barb L. Josh had a great time opening his gifts. Two of my kids that live here in town got to spend time with Josh too. He got to read some of his books from his kindergarten class for us. I was so proud of him.

went to the store this morning, a 12 mile drive thru the country.
The trees look bare, but if you look into the distance at a gathering of them, there is the faintest green tint to the bunch. Finally spring!!!!

I was blessed getting out of the bath... watching or listening to I should say, a tv show while drying off. I won't mention the show, I've been watching it all my life as I remember. It drew my eyes to tears [of joy and strong faith]. It was a reminder of how special people are and how much I am blessed. Then I read a few comments on here and 'smile filled tears' are still running down my face.

How can I be so blessed? Not sure, but being very thankful right now.

I agree! Lefse, you have brought many smiles to my face when I have been feeling my worst. But I think the biggest smile you ever gave me was when I saw you wading through the slush just to learn how to make gnocchi! I am very blessed to have met you.

Back
Top Bottom