Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thinking about my mom made me smile. She would have been 68 today. Here is a picture of her just before her 60th birthday (about 10 months before she died).

:)Barbara

Barbara L. Today would also be my dad's birthday. He died in 1995. I still miss him everyday. He was the most gentle person I have ever known.

I can still remember my mom giving me advice to the end of her life and she never cried ever.....she hugged me the last night before she went in the hospital and never came home.........she was so strong.....

Kades, I lost my Mom to cancer 13 years ago, 2 weeks before her 70th birthday. I too will be visiting her and taking her favourite flower...a cymbidium orchid with a tag that says "just 'cause". I used to give her one every once in awhile for no particular reason (or sometimes there was) and I would write that on the card. I have taken one to the cemetary every year.

I do have the wonderful opportunity to spend Mother's Day with my Mother-in-law who is also a very special lady in my life. I am not a Mom myself and combined with losing my own, Mother's Day is a difficult day. But DH's Mom and my rent-a-daughter make it a special day for me.
oh, that's such a wonderful idea, taking her a favorite flower-----where my mother is at doesn't allow flowers---they'll remove them...it's just policy---we all need to apprceciate our Moms if we haven't bee abused i the process

Yes, way too young expat. Part of it was smoking, but after she died we discovered she had a heart valve problem (probably from birth) that was aggravated by it. She looked like she was in her 40s when she died. It's kind of interesting--I always knew what a special person my mom was, but she was so quiet and not one to do things for the praise or glory. I didn't know how much impact she had had on so many people. The service was just about standing room only for her funeral. It just goes to show that you don't have to be loud and showy to make an impact.

oh, that's such a wonderful idea, taking her a favorite flower-----where my mother is at doesn't allow flowers---they'll remove them...it's just policy---we all need to apprceciate our Moms if we haven't bee abused i the process

Then why don't you buy her favourite flower for mother's day and have it in your home. Just write a little card that it is to her from you. You know that she lives on in you and your memories more than she does in that cemetary anyway.

Then why don't you buy her favourite flower for mother's day and have it in your home. Just write a little card that it is to her from you. You know that she lives on in you and your memories more than she does in that cemetary anyway.
Or bring flowers to a mom at a nursing home, in memory of your mom. The nurses would probably let you know if there is a mom whose kids don't visit.

Thanks, Barbs, our mothers will always have an impact no matter when they leave us....

That is so true...my mother has been gone for 16 years, and I still hear her voice, exhorting me to be a "lady" - don't leave the house without earrings and some lipstick on, etc. My DH teases me about it, and he never had the chance to know her. She definitely lives on...and I still miss her.

a karma I just read....

some of you folks in here must really enjoy the thought of me crying. a certain wonderful person just wrote the sweetest thing in my karma place that I just read. it made me smile but moreover, it made me cry. I am truly just the most fortunate person, not in ''things'' however God has been soo very good to me there too, but my real smiles come from every day events, childrens smiles, the smells of an incredible kitchen, the smells from our kids heads, reading things that are heartfelt and truly lovely.
I thank you, and you do know who you all are......
{{{{{{{{{smiles to you all}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} now go grab a puppy and squeeze it with all your heart...........or kiss your spouse, or hug an elderly person you don't know, I did that twice today..........and yes,he smiled

the same guy?

you'd better be careful lefse. you could have gotten the old geezer to excited, and... puh buh, puh buh, puh buh, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

;)

Back
Top Bottom