Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my custom ordered floor tile, is in at lowe's. soon i will have a new kitchen floor. can hardly wait.babe[/qu

the wandering handyman showed.he took me to lowes to pick up tile. it is just beautiful, even more than i thought it would be.

abel will be back on mon to do the floors. he picked up a couple days work at place when they make arrangements out of fruit. they are busy for mom's day i guess. it should not take more a three hours to do the kitchen.

when he showed up he brought me money he owed and dinner. trying to get on my good side again, i guess. lol

babe:w00t2::w00t2::w00t::w00t::w00t2::w00t2:

It sounds lovely, Babe! I think blue and yellow are such pretty accent colors together - reminds me of a French country home. I hope you can posts some pictures when it's done. (Also, I think you are very brave to have white furniture. It makes me nervous to even think about it with 5 boys!)

most of the pieces of furniture are old ones that i painted white, a desk, a tea cart etc. i used paint that i think is kid proof. also finished up with top coat that keeps water marks from happening. i have great grandkids so it is really a good idea. i can just wash it off with a sponge.

babe

Stopped what I was doing here to go get some Iced tea..In walks my oldest with a large tall box..He reaches in and pulls out a tall glass vase and in the vase a branch of white orchids in water. Happy Mothers day Mommy..He hasn't called me that in years..Oh how I love that boy..and not because of the beautiful flowers, but for the beautiful man he has become..

kadesma

Spending my Friday night with Nick. I made slow cooked ribs all day and we ate them with wine, a nice cheese, and a salad. Took is 3 hours and we loved every minute of each others company. We do this once a week - taking our time and spending a nice long dinner together.

It makes me thankful and happy that I have someone I want to share my life with so much.

it's also making me smile that he's doing the dishes after I cooked :)

Sitting here in the family room in the recliner surrounded by my furry "children." Silly-Sally-Callie-Gal, Chessie Lou, Tween, Miss Rodeo, Tigger, and Ashley (snoring up a storm). They're all snoozing comfortably, feeling all safe and loved. It makes me happy that I am able to provide such a wonderful place for them.

Ah!!! Life is good.

After 3 years of waiting for hubby to change an electrical outlet in the kitchen, it is finally done !! Now I don't have to jiggle the plug in the outlet to get an appliance to work.

After 3 years of waiting for hubby to change an electrical outlet in the kitchen, it is finally done !! Now I don't have to jiggle the plug in the outlet to get an appliance to work.

I think that rates more than a smile Ladycook. How about 3 cheers

Hip Hip Hooray
Hip hip hooray
Hip Hip Hooray

My son and his family came over for Mother's day, presenting me with not one but 2 kittens ! Their cat had kittens in March. Son knew I wanted kittens but hubby kept saying no. Son wanted Mom to be happy.:) Hubby can't very well say take the kittens back. They are both orange and white but different markings, one male and one female. I plan to have them fixed when they are old enough.

Last edited:
a very nice mothers day. son and daughter gave me flowers, son are cut and my daughters are living. she is in the plant maintence business. son taking me to lunch and movie tomorrow.

my granddaughter called to wish me happy mothers day. i practially raised her.

it all made me smile:):)

I thought it would take a lot to make me smile today after a rough couple of days and little sleep, plus missing my Mom. But it actually happened with one card. A good friend of mine, who is currently in a very serious battle with cancer (she has chemo tomorrow), found a card and knew she had to give it to me. The front said "Happy Mothering Sunday" and the printing inside just said "with lots of love". But she added "You mother so many and have such wonderful input into the lives of many young people". And it was signed by her, her daughter and future daughter in law (I am catering the wedding!).

Tears of joy and a huge smile were the best "Mothering Day" present I could ever have.

Oh, and then my dear sick daughter (for those who are confused, she is my daughter by decision...hers!) calls up and says that as soon as she is better she is giving me a full day of pampering - hair, makeup, the whole bit AND is going to cook me dinner! Good for some more smiles.

Spent the afternoon attending a matinee performance of Annie at local community theater. My youngest brother performed two parts. Buck and I had a fabulous time. The performance was stellar. The little girl who played Annie was fabulous.

Came home to an answering machine full of messages from all my children. Just a little while I opened cards and a Mother's Day gift from Buck...a nice big bottle of shiraz. Yum.

I've been smiling all day.

Spent the afternoon attending a matinee performance of Annie at local community theater. My youngest brother performed two parts. Buck and I had a fabulous time. The performance was stellar. The little girl who played Annie was fabulous.

Came home to an answering machine full of messages from all my children. Just a little while I opened cards and a Mother's Day gift from Buck...a nice big bottle of shiraz. Yum.

I've been smiling all day.

Happy Mother's Day Katie, it sounds like yours really was!

My oldest son made a card / book for me in school. He's been wanting to give it to me for 4 days but we convinced him to wait until Mother's Day.

It's 8 short pages, but so sweet!
Here's what it says.

Titled "MY Mom" by Jacob

Dedicated to my Mom she is always happy
This is my mom she looks just like a Queen
Do you know how old she is she just turned 34 years old
She works hard all day, she is a bagel baker on weekends
My mom outbakes anyone else I know
(this is my favorite part)... I would not trade my mom for anything not even for a clock
If I could buy my mom anything for Mother's Day it would be flowers or tomatoes cuz she loves to grow them

Isn't that just the sweetest??
Illustrated and everything. I think I'm gonna cry. :)

I'm just glad to know I won't be on my way out the door the next time someone is here offering a nice clock!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom