Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here Buck and I sit on our big old porch. The kittens, now just over 2 months, have had their supper. Their mommy gave them all a bath after they ate and they look so funny. Their fur is all wet and spikey. Quite the "punk" look. Now they're full of food and playing their hearts out. Tumble and Nutmeg have been dukeing out with each other. Silver has been chasing some twigs and leaves on the porch and Shadow is lovin' up his surrogate mommy, Thelma. We could watch them all night and no matter what mood we're in before watching them, we always end up smiling. Just can't "NOT" smile.

aren't cats wonderful? thomas always makes me smile. now he is on top of monitor looking at me. he likes it up there because it is warm. soon he will lay down and put his tail over my screen. then down he goes.

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jake brought me a sage plant, a basil plant, & stuff to pot them, then my nurse gave me a table.

Zoe, our newest additon, always lays on her back and offers her belly to be rubbed ----and it's a very furry soft belly, too---better than any stuffed toy.........I'm sure that dogs are the same stress reducers as well.....my hubby won't allow the cats to sit on top of the monitors-----he's given a lot of engineering jargon as to how it could cause harm---the cats and I regard him with boredom and they repose once again when he's gone...we need a new computer anyway......

Here Buck and I sit on our big old porch. The kittens, now just over 2 months, have had their supper. Their mommy gave them all a bath after they ate and they look so funny. Their fur is all wet and spikey. Quite the "punk" look. Now they're full of food and playing their hearts out. Tumble and Nutmeg have been dukeing out with each other. Silver has been chasing some twigs and leaves on the porch and Shadow is lovin' up his surrogate mommy, Thelma. We could watch them all night and no matter what mood we're in before watching them, we always end up smiling. Just can't "NOT" smile.
My mom has a feral cat living in her garage that has 6 kittens that are almost 8 weeks old and they are sooo much fun. She she's been bringing them in to play everyday since they could walk so she could socialize them but the momma will not come in or let anyone touch her. I really think those kittens have helped my mom more than anything since my brother died. Like you said - you just can't "NOT" smile!

My Dad just called (he calls me every other day) to say how excited he was that in exactly 3 weeks he will see my smiling face as I get off the plane!!

We have a bird "condo" on the front porch - there's a little ledge under the roof, just above each of three columns, and several years ago, after a mourning dove tried to build a nest there, DH took some scrap wood trim and made a little fence, sort of, around the edges, to keep the nesting material from falling off.

There's a mourning dove in one corner (I think she has a couple of eggs) and a robin (Rockin' Robin) with four babies in the middle. Yesterday, we were sitting on the porch having a glass of wine and Rockin' Robin kept flying up with a mouthful of worms, etc., for the babies. It's hilarious to watch them pop their heads up, open wide and chirp for food :)

This weekend was full of smiles... had some great company come over for a visit. Got to spend some time outside with an adult beverage or two.
Paul cooked dinner AND cleaned the bathroom.
And
He played the piano as I was falling asleep last night! I love that.
Realized again that I have a wonderful hubby!

We have a bird "condo" on the front porch - there's a little ledge under the roof, just above each of three columns, and several years ago, after a mourning dove tried to build a nest there, DH took some scrap wood trim and made a little fence, sort of, around the edges, to keep the nesting material from falling off.

There's a mourning dove in one corner (I think she has a couple of eggs) and a robin (Rockin' Robin) with four babies in the middle. Yesterday, we were sitting on the porch having a glass of wine and Rockin' Robin kept flying up with a mouthful of worms, etc., for the babies. It's hilarious to watch them pop their heads up, open wide and chirp for food :)

i use to raise birds from eggs.. When i was 12 my mom and i found some baby starlings that had fallen out of a couch that was thrown out of an old house. the babies were scared so we took them home and raised. 5 out of the 6 lived. two years later we found some robins that needed help and so we raised them also. we feed them dry cat food soaked in water. it was soft and full of protein for them. To this day, my mom feeds all the wild birds and cats in our area. she puts out two cups of soggy cat food for the birds and then the cats eat the birds, so all in all, every one is happy.

i use to raise birds from eggs.. When i was 12 my mom and i found some baby starlings that had fallen out of a couch that was thrown out of an old house. the babies were scared so we took them home and raised. 5 out of the 6 lived. two years later we found some robins that needed help and so we raised them also. we feed them dry cat food soaked in water. it was soft and full of protein for them. To this day, my mom feeds all the wild birds and cats in our area. she puts out two cups of soggy cat food for the birds and then the cats eat the birds, so all in all, every one is happy.

Ye olde food chain - it's good to be at the top, eh? :)

where is this paradise? do wolves lie down with lambs?

the food chain is different in joisey.

if we put out food for birds or squirrels, we are left with dead offerings of the same by the cats we also feed.

i was just discussing with dw about putting up a bird feeder. she said, "how many dead birds do you want by the back door."

Today our old - I mean old sofa bed (my aunt had purchased it in 1969 and I "inherited" it back in the early 80s)was put out by the curb for the trash pick-up tomorrow. Around 2pm an elderly lady who takes her usual afternoon walk took the throw pillows off the couch. Jimmy happened to be looking out the front window and saw her looking around to see if anyone was watching. Around 3:30 I heard a bunch of kids running and laughing down the hill in front of our house. They all pounced on the couch and then decided to take it with them from where ever it is they came from. Now this sucker is HEAVY!!!It was funny watching the kids first attempt to get the couch up hill in front of the house- they would stop every so often sit down, catch their breath and proceed to carry away their prize. I lost sight of them,going down our side street but, they were having the greatest time and this made me smile and still is!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

In our hometown, it was very common to simply leave something at the curb if you wanted someone to "Take it away, please!" Once, we put a chair out on the curb that just plain had a bad smell to it. We couldn't get rid of the smell - probably one of the kitties did it. So, we put it out. It disappeared very fast. Then we looked down the street. Someone had ridden exactly one block with it and then chucked it back out! Don't blame them. But it eventually disappeared.

my handyman has been cleaning house for me, spring cleaning. he is almost done with the redo on the bathroom floor. should be completed in about an hour. they he only has to clean my bedroom. then the house will sparkle. that does indeed make smile

babe:):)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom