Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have another one. Another phone call. A girl I worked with when she was in high school called. She is going to be 32, and happened to run across my phone number. She called to say hi, and to tell me that I was a great mentor for her when she was in high school. I was smiling-even though o was Aldo feeling old. How can she be 32?!

The same way I have a married grandkid. It's weird how we don't age and they do...:angel:

my oldest great granddaughter came by with her mom yesterday. she wanted to show me her dress, uniform. yesterday was the first day of kindergarten for her. she is a very assured child. so no big deal. she has gone to preschool for couple years. only now she has a desk, which she finds very exciting!! lordy, where does the time go? she and her sis, always make me smile.

I went out to a very popular buffet style restaurant last evening and a "Grandma" and young lad were seated at the next table where I could just hear them and observe them during their meal. ;)

From the looks of it, I don't know if the Grandmother or the boy were having the best time. Quite often, heads leaned together, talking almost non-stop. Lots of laughing and the youngsters sincere and wide-eyed enthusiasm in explaining his thoughts to his Grandma made me grin from ear to ear many times.:LOL:

What a wonderful relationship they had! It did my heart good. When I get disgusted with mankind's often nasty dealings with one-another, seeing a few minutes of this type of relationship heals all my anger and frustrations. :rolleyes:

It was a true Norman Rockwell moment. :D

Sweet, Tim! Snicker and Babe, kindergarten always seems to be harder on the parents than the child...

Last edited:
I went out to a very popular buffet style restaurant last evening and a "Grandma" and young lad were seated at the next table where I could just hear them and observe them during their meal. ;)

From the looks of it, I don't know if the Grandmother or the boy were having the best time. Quite often, heads leaned together, talking almost non-stop. Lots of laughing and the youngsters sincere and wide-eyed enthusiasm in explaining his thoughts to his Grandma made me grin from ear to ear many times.:LOL:

What a wonderful relationship they had! It did my heart good. When I get disgusted with mankind's often nasty dealings with one-another, seeing a few minutes of this type of relationship heals all my anger and frustrations. :rolleyes:

It was a true Norman Rockwell moment. :D
Tim hold those thoughts. I wish you could see my Cade and I when we are together. He was with me every day when I was so sick and in the hospital. He refused offers for movies, game parties just to sit at my side as I slept and would hold my hand. He is my greatest love and he is so good to me. How do we manage to go without those sweet faces during their days at school. Guess we just remember LOVE.
kades

Tim hold those thoughts. I wish you could see my Cade and I when we are together. He was with me every day when I was so sick and in the hospital. He refused offers for movies, game parties just to sit at my side as I slept and would hold my hand. He is my greatest love and he is so good to me. How do we manage to go without those sweet faces during their days at school. Guess we just remember LOVE.
kades

What a wonderful young person he must be! There is no medicine in the world that can replace love or it's effects on our hearts and minds.

When someone tells me that our world is going to hell, I always tell them that it is most certainly not. It's going to our children who will make it better than we did.

snickerdoodle said:
Today was my oldest's first day of kindergarten. I felt happiness deep in my bones when I picked her up and she said she had a great day :) Oh, and I also cried LOL

Funny how we feel sad when they are able to go off to school. It is almost a relief when they have a great day. I'm glad she had a good time. It will seem like next week when she is old enough to be graduating from HS, so enjoy it all!!

Aunt Bea said:
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin into the future..............

Steve Miller Band
Fly like an eagle.

I can hear it. It may stick in my head for awhile. There I was in HS listening to it on the 8 track in my brother's olds cutlas 442. ..what great memories.

What a beautiful site to see Tim! My oldest grandson and I are two peas in a pod when it is just the two of us going out and about. Some of the most precious times!

I can hear it. It may stick in my head for awhile. There I was in HS listening to it on the 8 track in my brother's olds cutlas 442. ..what great memories.

What year did you graduate, Chopper? I am class of '78 and I remember lots of things done to the music of Steve Miller band.:blush:

PrincessFiona60 said:
What year did you graduate, Chopper? I am class of '78 and I remember lots of things done to the music of Steve Miller band.:blush:

OMG. We have lots of members right around the same age! Loved Steve Miller!

OMG. We have lots of members right around the same age! Loved Steve Miller!

I was jammin to Steve Miller starting about 1974. Never got over it.

I'll be 59 in October. I have a brother who is 2 years older and a sister who is 3 years older, so I hit some of the best music years, IMHO. Between us, we spanned a lot of interesting times as young adults.

Of course, anyone, of any time can say that.

I read an excerpt from a historical document one time that was written by a Roman Senator. He was expressing his worry about the "new generation" that his son was in. He went further to say that the wild and new ways of thinking that his sons age group was expressing was radical and contrary to his generations way of thinking.

It seems times will never change in that respect.

My Father would have said Steve Miller's music was "G-D noise, not music"! I can almost hear him now...

The last thing that made me smile was deciding what i wanted for breakfast- A freshly picked orange from the tree outside! very sweet!(i'm currently in spain).

Back
Top Bottom