Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I read an excerpt from a historical document one time that was written by a Roman Senator. He was expressing his worry about the "new generation" that his son was in. He went further to say that the wild and new ways of thinking that his sons age group was expressing was radical and contrary to his generations way of thinking.

It seems times will never change in that respect.

My Father would have said Steve Miller's music was "G-D noise, not music"! I can almost hear him now...

I have to laugh at myself. I hear myself complaining about today's music and remember my parents' complaining about Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis and so many others.

I guess it's the way of the world that every generation complains about the next. Except my generation is actually the best. :mrgreen:

I have to laugh at myself. I hear myself complaining about today's music and remember my parents' complaining about Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis and so many others.

I guess it's the way of the world that every generation complains about the next. Except my generation is actually the best. :mrgreen:

OMG, my Father hated music! Any kind of music. When we were teens, I think his hatred for music reached a new high. We wore out that poor 6 foot long record player we had. This thing was a huge piece of furniture. Nothing but a record player and radio in it. It had FM too! At that time, only the best "stereos" had FM. Ha! :LOL: Now, a digital radio 1" square, with some headphones, sounds better than that thing did.

He bought the stereo for my Mom so she could listen to Dean Martin. She had every one of his records...."Everybody, loves somebody.....sometimessssssss"

That's hilarious, Bliss. What got me the most was the whole teaspoon of salt.
YES!:LOL:
And maybe I missed it but what does his brother hitting him in the head with a rock have to do with murdering that onion with the peel on it?

I feel the same! When I was a kid it was long hair and bell bottoms, maybe even a Nehru jacket. Today it's pants on the ground. Progress!

Today it's pants on the ground.

I have GOT to tell you about the young man I saw downtown the other day; He had on a pair of shorts, that if worn with the waist of the shorts actually AT the waist, would reach just below the knees.

The bottom of the shorts were just clearing the floor, and I have no idea how he was keeping them from falling off. The waist of the shorts was literally BELOW his butt. He had on a pair of plaid boxer shorts that were entirely visible.

Sorry to all you young folks out there, but I thought it just looked clownish. I actually laughed when I looked at him. I don't think it was the impression he was looking for. His girlfriend was made up with that heavy Gothic look. Black nails, black eyes, stringy bright red hair and 20 pounds of cheap jewelry above a mini-mini skirt with her undies sticking out.

I felt like the freakin circus had come to town! :ROFLMAO:

(Now I sound just like my Dad)

I have GOT to tell you about the young man I saw downtown the other day; He had on a pair of shorts, that if worn with the waist of the shorts actually AT the waist, would reach just below the knees.

The bottom of the shorts were just clearing the floor, and I have no idea how he was keeping them from falling off. The waist of the shorts was literally BELOW his butt. He had on a pair of plaid boxer shorts that were entirely visible.

Sorry to all you young folks out there, but I thought it just looked clownish. I actually laughed when I looked at him. I don't think it was the impression he was looking for. His girlfriend was made up with that heavy Gothic look. Black nails, black eyes, stringy bright red hair and 20 pounds of cheap jewelry above a mini-mini skirt with her undies sticking out.

You sound juat how I feel and want to yell out go fix your cloths you moron. I wonder if these kids realize just how foolish they look. My parents would have lock me in the hose and we'd have had a big sit down. and I'd never have tried that again. Now days the kids keep other cloths at school to change into. If they were mine I'd be at that school and Insist something be done NOW!!!!!
kades head up my friend and be proud.

some one buys those clothes and i'm thinking its mom. why would you spend good money on that stuff. goth look requires lots of cosmetics. not cheap. if the kid has a job he may buy it himself. however if he dresses like that, probably can't get a job. so moms need to lay down the law. don't enable this stuff.

LOL! Luckily, in the school setting, we can tell them to pull 'em up. We also keep a stash of zip ties if they don't have a belt, just run a tie through a couple of belt loops.

Saw a full pair of plaid boxers on a kid last year, his pants waistband was BELOW the boxers, around his thighs! The crotch of his pants was below his knees! How he kept them up, I'll never know.

Timothy said:
OMG, my Father hated music! Any kind of music. When we were teens, I think his hatred for music reached a new high. We wore out that poor 6 foot long record player we had. This thing was a huge piece of furniture. Nothing but a record player and radio in it. It had FM too! At that time, only the best "stereos" had FM. Ha! :LOL: Now, a digital radio 1" square, with some headphones, sounds better than that thing did.

He bought the stereo for my Mom so she could listen to Dean Martin. She had every one of his records...."Everybody, loves somebody.....sometimessssssss"

I still have an old 6' long stereo. I inherited it from my grandmother when she passed. I need to find the parts to replace some stuff on the circuit board and then it will work again. Little bro blew them when he jury-rigged a connection to the computer so he could listen to more than the fm radio and old records that I have.

Timothy said:

Ugh, I remember when the pants below the wasteline trend started. I don't mind most looks so long as they aren't trashy or lazy looking. The pants falling down looks lazy to me, the skirts that show the underwear look trashy.

I can't really say too much about extreme makeup. I used to own (and wear) lime green, ice blue, dark moss green, deep red, silver, and violet lipstick. I had eye shadow and mascara to match. I also used to wear white mascara.

Ugh, I remember when the pants below the wasteline trend started. I don't mind most looks so long as they aren't trashy or lazy looking. The pants falling down looks lazy to me, the skirts that show the underwear look trashy.

I can't really say too much about extreme makeup. I used to own (and wear) lime green, ice blue, dark moss green, deep red, silver, and violet lipstick. I had eye shadow and mascara to match. I also used to wear white mascara.

When someone wears clothing or makeup that shows class, I don't care how wild it is. In my lifetime, I think I've seen most of what can be done.

When someone wears clothing or makeup that shows no class, I recognize it for what it is; a person with no class who is just trying to draw attention to themselves. To that type of person, even negative attention is better than no attention.

Having class isn't a generational thing. It's something that fits all generations and times. People with no class have been the same type of person since Ug and Mrs. Ug lived at cave street in Dinotown.

Last edited:
Those two 11 year old girls from New Zealand, just posted, who want recipes for their cookbook, with proceeds to be given to a charity of their choice! They want regional dishes from all over the world, with the sender giving the location.

Those two 11 year old girls from New Zealand, just posted, who want recipes for their cookbook, with proceeds to be given to a charity of their choice! They want regional dishes from all over the world, with the sender giving the location.

I guess I am jaded.

When I see things like that I smile and then I picture Peggy in Customer Service from the television commercial.

Sorry ladies, no offense intended.

Back
Top Bottom