Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a great big smile from lilly when she saw the dress i got for her. early bday present. she had a tough time with her older sister and all her gifts. i gave her a hello kitty dress. lilly cried, she wanted one too. so i got her one exactly like her sisters. she twirled, and smiled, and hugged me. then i had a big smile myself/
babe, way to go you're de MA I've always since the kids were little and a new sibling arrived made sure each got a present for birthdays. It's so hard for a child to sit and watch others open presents. So a little inexpensive present is always there for the non-birthday child. Today we bought Halloween bags for all 4 kids. Cade is having a family party Sat. so each child gets a trick or treat bag and some candy Cade get's money for a game he wants plus candy and a bag. And all will be right with the world on Sat. If I don't forget the cake and deviled eggs.:LOL: I'll bet your little girl will remember this kindness forever. What a MA you are,
kades

I just have to share this with you. It brought a smile to my face.

From an email my daughter sent me this afternoon:

The other day when Steven was saying that he missed you, I explained that you had to go to the doctor for your shoulder and that it would be in a sling for a while and you wouldn’t be able to use it. He was ok with that but then stopped and said “But Mommy if I go there, I can’t carry all of his groceries!” I told him not to worry, that I was sure you wouldn’t expect him to do that. Then he was quiet and said “He won’t be able to pick me up at all?” I told him not right now but maybe at some point when your shoulder got better. He seemed to be ok after that.

Gotta get my shoulder working soon!

Sounds like excellent incentive! How was the appointment today, did the doc think you were doing well?

I just have to share this with you. It brought a smile to my face.

From an email my daughter sent me this afternoon:

The other day when Steven was saying that he missed you, I explained that you had to go to the doctor for your shoulder and that it would be in a sling for a while and you wouldn’t be able to use it. He was ok with that but then stopped and said “But Mommy if I go there, I can’t carry all of his groceries!” I told him not to worry, that I was sure you wouldn’t expect him to do that. Then he was quiet and said “He won’t be able to pick me up at all?” I told him not right now but maybe at some point when your shoulder got better. He seemed to be ok after that.

Gotta get my shoulder working soon!

Andy call him on the phone and let him know that you have a whole slew of hugs and kisses for him. :angel:

My Steve coming home and knowing he has the next 4 days off work, lots of quality time to spend together :)

Rocky crowed four times this morning. He is in hospital (read that, in a Vari300 in the basement, with the woodstove going to keep him warm enough). He was allowed out for about 2 hours yesterday to visit the girls. We noticed he is limping so he was readmitted to hospital and will remain in isolation until ? But, he woke me up at 7 crowing! He hadn't made a sound since I found him last Saturday without his new girls. This was very unusual--Rocky is one mouthy rooster. And, he's eating and drinking today. He hadn't eaten since Monday until I brought him home Wednesday evening. I don't have Nurse Eggatha in with him, but if he gets depressed, I'll bring her back in to keep him company.

We'll see. I'm flushing his wounds with saline...not an easy thing to do alone when holding a rooster on your lap that is swaddled in a towel so he can't get you with his spurs and using a hand that doesn't work well thanks to his attack on me in the Spring. We don't have the best history. But, maybe after this, he will stop seeing me as one of the bad guys and stop trying to attack me. All this for a rooster I don't really like since he damaged the tendon in my hand...

Smile? More like laugh.

Wednesday my very, very best friend of 58+ years and I went out to play for the day. She retired at the end of last school term after teaching for 40+ years and is adapting to retirement quite nicely.:):)

We went out shopping, had manicures and lunch out. We noticed as we entered the restaurant for lunch that there was a sign stating that "senior citizens" would eat at a discount on Wednesdays. Yeah!

We enjoyed our meal, received our check and prepared to pay. My friend looked at the totals and remarked that the discount hadn't been applied. I commented that, perhaps, that was computed at the register and we went to the front to pay.

One of us said to the cashier that the senior discount was valid in our case and said it hadn't been deducted. The cashier said that the waitress told her that we didn't look old enough to qualify as "seniors."

Both of us giggled and thanked the girl for making our day.

I'm still smiling.

That would make your day for sure :)

My mum has a seniors card too, but she is actually very young looking and dresses quite trendy, with the modern hairstyle etc, people always cant believe it when she brings out her seniors card :)

Smile? More like laugh.

Wednesday my very, very best friend of 58+ years and I went out to play for the day. She retired at the end of last school term after teaching for 40+ years and is adapting to retirement quite nicely.:):)

We went out shopping, had manicures and lunch out. We noticed as we entered the restaurant for lunch that there was a sign stating that "senior citizens" would eat at a discount on Wednesdays. Yeah!

We enjoyed our meal, received our check and prepared to pay. My friend looked at the totals and remarked that the discount hadn't been applied. I commented that, perhaps, that was computed at the register and we went to the front to pay.

One of us said to the cashier that the senior discount was valid in our case and said it hadn't been deducted. The cashier said that the waitress told her that we didn't look old enough to qualify as "seniors."

Both of us giggled and thanked the girl for making our day.

I'm still smiling.

Katie,
That is as good as getting carded in your 30's! So glad you are looking so young! ;)

katie h said:
thanks, chopper. Funny, too, because i got carded on my 30th birthday. When i responded in surprise to the person carding me, they told me not to "get smart" and asked me to produce my license. Hee! Hee! Those were the days!

lol. :d

I got carded in Chicago when I was 27. I didn't have a driver's license. Had to get the manager to accept a US passport as ID. :wacko:

Rocky woke me up again this morning!! (I might stop smiling about this, but for now, it makes me smile--I feel sooooo terrible that he got attacked).

I got carded in Chicago when I was 27. I didn't have a driver's license. Had to get the manager to accept a US passport as ID. :wacko:

I got carded when I was 33. I had my youngest son in my arms. Before anyone ordered drinks, the waitress asked for my ID. I didn't have it with me as I don't drink. When we were leaving, I ask her why she thought I was too young. She told me that she thought I was a teenage mother. I could have hugged her. Instead I gave her a thank you and told her the baby was my fifth child and had three kids in high school. The look on her face was priceless. :angel:

Rocky crowed four times this morning. He is in hospital (read that, in a Vari300 in the basement, with the woodstove going to keep him warm enough). He was allowed out for about 2 hours yesterday to visit the girls. We noticed he is limping so he was readmitted to hospital and will remain in isolation until ? But, he woke me up at 7 crowing! He hadn't made a sound since I found him last Saturday without his new girls. This was very unusual--Rocky is one mouthy rooster. And, he's eating and drinking today. He hadn't eaten since Monday until I brought him home Wednesday evening. I don't have Nurse Eggatha in with him, but if he gets depressed, I'll bring her back in to keep him company.

I think Rocky has finally figured out that you are his friend and not his enemy. :angel:

He most likely was trying to fend off the weasel/fox/? His back is full of bites and he doesn't have his lovely plump feathers on his tail. The wound on his wing was still bleeding when I got there--so the attack was most likely Friday night/Saturday morning last week. The DH went out again yesterday to see if any of the girls were around. Nada.

I'm smiling lots this weekend. Grandkids are here! This morning I gave my almost 3 year old granddaughter a used jewelry box full of little bracelets and trinkets. It was the kind with the dancing ballerina that comes to life when the lid is opened. She was very intrigued by this and began calling it her special jewel box and alternately her ballerina box. We played with it all morning (dress up as she called it) later this morning, out of the blue, she says "Nana, I found buried treasure! Argh! Matey let's play pirates!" Cracked me up, she's a hoot!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom