Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A close friend of mine became a grand-mom this week. She is so up for it, so happy, but being sensible as well. I'm just so happy for her!

For those who have become a grandparent for the first time, I am happy for them. But with 17 grand and great grand children, I just have run out of excitement. I have a pile of baby's first picture taken in the nursey right after they are born. None of them are labeled with a name. They all look alike. Every one of them have blonde hair. And they all have dark eyes. The color hasn't come in yet. :angel:

A couple of years ago, Mom was quite literally on her death-bed. We got her fixed up and home and settled in when my niece called to tell her grandmother she was pregnant with Mom's first great-grandchild. "I knew I lived through this for a reason!!!" Mom said. She said she thought she'd never hold a baby of hers in her arms again. I joked with her that it is her own fault, she raised us all (her kids and her grands alike) not to have children until we were adults and in stable relationships. Well, now she is awaiting her second great-grand-baby. Another reason to live yet another day!

Thanks Kylie. It's the simple things that make me smile some days.

And those are the best smiles in the world!

I have my two pups asleep at my feet. They had been terrified of firecrackers being lit out the back of our complex so I took them to the front into my office where we are now. They never fail to make me smile - they both trust us unconditionally!

What made me smile was finally getting to see my Steve after his surgery this afternoon and knowing he was OK! :)

Thank you LP :)

No unfortunately he has to stay overnight...I have done a post about it in the "What are you doing" thread :)

And he is......? for us Americans. :angel:

Addie, he is/was the Premier of Ontario. It would be the equivalent of your state Governors.

CWS, I know that dance! It is the same one I danced when our Campbell resigned...until we found out who replaced him...:ermm:

Addie, he is/was the Premier of Ontario. It would be the equivalent of your state Governors.

CWS, I know that dance! It is the same one I danced when our Campbell resigned...until we found out who replaced him...:ermm:

Thank you. I need to learn more about Canada other than it is not part of the U.S. You folks can name all of our 50 states and we can't even remember your seven (?) provinces. Although I do know the maritime ones. :angel:

Thank you. I need to learn more about Canada other than it is not part of the U.S. You folks can name all of our 50 states and we can't even remember your seven (?) provinces. Although I do know the maritime ones. :angel:
10 provinces, from west to east, sort of:
BC,
Alberta,
Saskatchewan,
Manitoba,
Ontario,
Quebec,
NB,
NS,
PEI,
Newfoundland and Labrador

3 territories, from west to east, north of the four westmost provinces: