Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Chops :)

It will be the first time we have had a front loader, although Steve had one in England, but here we have always had top loaders

This is the one we have bought

Samsung 10kg

It had really good reviews and also we bought it online, with this shop they have free delivery, the come and install it all, take away your old washer for free too and also all the packaging...and we got it for $1,139, great price considering the RRP was $1,999 :)

I loved the front-load washer we had in Germany and the ones I used in Sweden. The clothes always seemed to be so much cleaner (but the hot water cycle did do a number of the elastic of my undies). I'm sure that is no longer the case, this was years ago. Should my washer die, I'm definitely going to look at getting a front load washer.

I really like my front loader. I got used to them in Denmark in the '70s!

I think most of the modern ones only fill as much water as is needed for the size of the load; mine does. I also love the way it does cold wash. In winter when the water is icy, it adds a bit of hot so the water is cold instead of nearly frozen.

I loved the front-load washer we had in Germany and the ones I used in Sweden. The clothes always seemed to be so much cleaner (but the hot water cycle did do a number of the elastic of my undies). I'm sure that is no longer the case, this was years ago. Should my washer die, I'm definitely going to look at getting a front load washer.

It seems that the front loader is the way to go...a lot of people seem to like the way it cleans and that it is gentler on your clothes :)

I smiled today while watering flowers as I saw the little blacksnake that shares my yard wriggling along. He's about as big around as a fat pencil. He stopped every so often and stuck his head up to look around. It was comical the way he looked around before dropping back into the grass and continuing his trip. First sighting this Spring.

I smiled today while watering flowers as I saw the little blacksnake that shares my yard wriggling along. He's about as big around as a fat pencil. He stopped every so often and stuck his head up to look around. It was comical the way he looked around before dropping back into the grass and continuing his trip. First sighting this Spring.

Oh, how cute!

Its a credit card. I've decided not to use them anymore.

If you don't pay the balance every month the interest stacks up.

I found myself buying things on sale/special thinking I was being frugal but realized that once I added the interest to my purchases it was no bargain.

Now I are beter edumacated!

Nice one, PF.

The little blacksnake visit reminded me of another visit several summers ago when I lived in North Carolina. I was on a swing under a big oak tree, sitting sideways with my feet up on the end of the swing, when a pretty good-sized snake rustled up from the brush clearing and proceeded to motivate toward the undergrowth opposite. I knew that copperheads and water moccasins were par for the course, but had never seen this black and white fellow before. I found out later that he was a king snake - not only harmless, but a friend for sure because part of his diet is other snakes.

Here's a photo of a little snake (a baby blacksnake, I think) only 5 or 6 inches long who climbed a tree in the yard last summer. Who knows - he may be my little pencil-necked friend grown up.

Attachments

• Baby Snake.jpg
    Baby Snake.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 152
Nice one, PF.

The little blacksnake visit reminded me of another visit several summers ago when I lived in North Carolina. I was on a swing under a big oak tree, sitting sideways with my feet up on the end of the swing, when a pretty good-sized snake rustled up from the brush clearing and proceeded to motivate toward the undergrowth opposite. I knew that copperheads and water moccasins were par for the course, but had never seen this black and white fellow before. I found out later that he was a king snake - not only harmless, but a friend for sure because part of his diet is other snakes.

Here's a photo of a little snake (a baby blacksnake, I think) only 5 or 6 inches long who climbed a tree in the yard last summer. Who knows - he may be my little pencil-necked friend grown up.
Tried to Google for a similar image and came up with nothing useful. I found this nifty site: FLMNH - Florida Snakes Identification. But it didn't have baby snakes.

The snake is cute. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom