Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a second incredible smile moment today. TB finally dragged me to the clinic regarding my sinus and jaw pain. The doctor said that it IS a dental abscess, however, it has been there for a long time and is draining into my blood stream, which is why I feel so sick all over. I had this same thing happen at 18 in the middle of final exams at university. I am on antibiotic and we went to pick them up at our grocery store/pharmacy.

TB went to get them and I went to the deli to buy some "soft creamy salads" so I can get some solid food in me. One of the ladies there usually hates when I come because I want my sandwich meats shaved and she finds it hard work. But this time was so totally different. When I explained why I needed soft food, she kept giving me little samples to try and when TB came up with the prescription she ran to the back and got me a glass of water so I could take one right away. Then she told TB to take me home right away and make me get some rest! Made my whole week!

LB, I'm so glad to hear all of the above!

Well I sure have a big smile on my face right now and couldn't wait to share it.
My younger son (40yrs old) and his wife just emailed and sent me the picture of one of those ultra sound baby pictures. I didn't get it at first and then realized it's my new grand baby at 9 weeks!! :clap: You should see the grin on my face.

I was starting to think I'd never be a Nana again as my older son gave me two grands who are grown now, so it's been a very long time since I've had a fresh new one. :LOL:

I must say I'm thinking of their Dad on this Father's Day and hope he knows in heaven he will be a Grandpa again.:wub:

LB, I'm so glad to hear all of the above!

Well I sure have a big smile on my face right now and couldn't wait to share it.
My younger son (40yrs old) and his wife just emailed and sent me the picture of one of those ultra sound baby pictures. I didn't get it at first and then realized it's my new grand baby at 9 weeks!! :clap: You should see the grin on my face.

I was starting to think I'd never be a Nana again as my older son gave me two grands who are grown now, so it's been a very long time since I've had a fresh new one. :LOL:

I must say I'm thinking of their Dad on this Father's Day and hope he knows in heaven he will be a Grandpa again.:wub:

Wonderful news, Kayelle! Congrats, soon-to-be new gramma!! :)

Congrats to you and the happy family Kayelle!

Our kids made me not only smile, but laugh out loud today. They called for Dads' Day and Himself had the two of them on the speaker so I could hear too. Dad was telling Goober and Loverly about us having a houseguest last weekend. Said we picked up this wanderer hiking the AT and brought him home to feed and offer a bed. Our daughter said "Dad! You mean Mom's running a brothel!" :ohmy: at which point her brother says "That's HOSTEL, not brothel!". :ROFLMAO: We couldn't stop laughing for a while! Oh! I miss our kids...:(

Kayelle, that is awesome news! Congratulations!

CG, thanks a lot for making me laugh, now my mouth is throbbing again - but loved the story! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of one time a salesperson phoned our house and my Mom used to get so mad at them. This time the guy said "are you the Madam if the house?" Of course I didn't hear that. All I heard was my Mom saying "No but I'm the head call-girl, will I do?" And I wonder where I got my dry sense of humour from. :cool:

I had a good smile this weekend. A very touching email get-well card from one of my favourite people here. You know who you are and how much you mean to me. :)

i think i got more happy father's day wishes this year than ever. not only from family, but from last year's team, this year's team, and friends. made me smile big time.

Congrats to you and the happy family Kayelle!

Our kids made me not only smile, but laugh out loud today. They called for Dads' Day and Himself had the two of them on the speaker so I could hear too. Dad was telling Goober and Loverly about us having a houseguest last weekend. Said we picked up this wanderer hiking the AT and brought him home to feed and offer a bed. Our daughter said "Dad! You mean Mom's running a brothel!" :ohmy: at which point her brother says "That's HOSTEL, not brothel!". :ROFLMAO: We couldn't stop laughing for a while! Oh! I miss our kids...:(

ROFL!!!! Quite the pair of brats...that is meant lovingly....We have our own brats that called...three times. Shrek was happy.

It's so bad....

My two year old loves matzoh balls so when she wants them she just screams BALLS loud amd repeatedly and I just crack up. I'm so immature

Have you ever noticed that most of the posts that have made us smile and even give us a belly laugh at times comes from the kiddies? Art Linkletter had it right. Kids do say the darndest things. :angel:

Last edited:
Oh how I wish Bea :)

No, this week we are going to be doing a few things closer to home

We are going to the pictures a couple of times, we are heading into the city to visit the Central Market and then we will have lunch in the city too and have a look around the shops, also going out to a restaurant for dinner on my birthday and then dinner the next night at mums and birthday cake etc

So we have a few things lined up :)

Oh how I wish Bea :)

No, this week we are going to be doing a few things closer to home

We are going to the pictures a couple of times, we are heading into the city to visit the Central Market and then we will have lunch in the city too and have a look around the shops, also going out to a restaurant for dinner on my birthday and then dinner the next night at mums and birthday cake etc

So we have a few things lined up :)

Could you adopt me? You have a lot of fun! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom