Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reminds me, I need to clean the cat's window...

Shrek has made me smile...walking around in an orange shirt with turquoise shorts...looks like a giant Dolphins fan...it's funny because he is a die hard Steelers fan.

Got an RSVP back from my best friend's mother, and they are making the trek from upstate NY to our wedding in Maine. They are older and I never thought that they would make the trip and I surely wouldn't have expected them to.

I'm truly humbled by how many people are going out of their way to be there for us. So far, people from NC, SC, NY, PA, MA and lots of people in Maine.

Got an RSVP back from my best friend's mother, and they are making the trek from upstate NY to our wedding in Maine. They are older and I never thought that they would make the trip and I surely wouldn't have expected them to.

I'm truly humbled by how many people are going out of their way to be there for us. So far, people from NC, SC, NY, PA, MA and lots of people in Maine.

It just shows how important you and your partner are to them.

That is wonderful :)

The sun, is the last thing that made me smile...have not seen it for awhile...oh and also finishing a load of ironing :)

Your wedding is turning out to be the social event of the season. :angel:

Spike brought me a nice large order of fried clams tonight. Along with plenty of tarter sauce. My tummy is still full. But it was worth every bite. There was one really big one that when I took a bite, I immediately tasted the iodine and couldn't eat it. I quit eating deep sea scallops for that reason. The bigger the scallop, the more iodine. :angel:

That's cuz lots of people love and care for you guys. :wub: Besides, if the wedding is IN Maine those danged Mainers had better show up!

My girlfriend's husband had just finished building their new house. They found out that first year, cathedral ceilings, too high to cool in the summer and too expensive to heat in the winter. Also too difficult to clean out spider webs. No way to clean that window right under the peak. They put the house on the market before they had even been in the house for a full year. He immediately bought a new piece of land and started their second new home. This time regular height for the ceilings. Fortunately they are no longer the height of fashion. :angel:

No offense, but I wonder if their ventilation in the house was set up right? Our last home had two full cathedral ceilings and the back of the house was a half-vault full across from side to side, 8 feet at the back wall rising up to the second floor where the hallway overlooked the back half of the family room and the dinette.
cbk

We never had cobwebs because I would dust where the ceiling and wall met, and the ceiling peak, with my handy extendable Webster duster. Twice a year I would get up on our 5' stepladder and clean the half-round window...and then have to pull the cat off the window sill before I could fold up the ladder :ROFLMAO:. Our bathroom had a plant ledge running along both sides of the room and I kept live plants up there for years, stepping up and down a stepstool to water and groom them and never felt like it was trouble. And our heating for that 2527 square foot house was barely more than what we had paid for our just-under 1700 house before it. Can't talk about the cooling because the first house didn't have it; the pictured house had a heat pump. I LOVED that last home and would trade it even up for this shoebox with 7 1/2 foot ceiling we have now, all 2000 square feet of it.

Just thinking of our last house and our dear neighbors makes me smile wide. And the waterlily pond Himself and our daughter dug and set up for me in front of our garage, along the walkway to the front door. Loved that pond...since I couldn't hear the frogs singing all night from OUR bedroom. ;) Our neighbor said to let her know when we're ready to move back and they'll work on the woman who owns our old house to get her to sell back to us. :cool:

Yes, thanks...I knew I should have been watching it all along. It's not like we don't watch BBC America.

Back
Top Bottom