Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching the relief on a family's faces watching a line of trucks with horse trailers show up to help them evacuate their cows and horses. We even had chicken crates and crates for their daughter's bunnies.

I hope you do realize you and those like you are true angels of mercy. There has to be few things in this world worse than leaving a home with few possessions, hoping against hope that things are little changed when they return, save the smell of smoke. You and yours offer a little piece of mind when people in distress need someone to lean on. And don't you blush - you and others like you totally deserve it!

Watching the relief on a family's faces watching a line of trucks with horse trailers show up to help them evacuate their cows and horses. We even had chicken crates and crates for their daughter's bunnies.

There is goodness in left in our world. In spite of what we read and hear.

And some for them :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel: Everyone needs an angel watching over them. Even if they come in the guise of a caring neighbor. :angel:

I have a friend who is a cardiologist. She has taken early retirement because her Parkinson's has gotten worse. I love this photo of her as the poster girl for the adapted program of boxing for patients with Parkinson's disease:

16583_10201683154145813_251703834_n.jpg

TL, I have a very dear friend who used to live in this building. Unfortunately, he too has Parkinson's and took one too many falls. He no longer can live on his own and is now living in a 'round the clock care facility. I tried to call him last week and he is losing his speech. The saddest and most hideous thing about this disease like so many others is that the patient knows what the ultimate end is. I wish he lived closer. I would be able to visit him. :angel:

TL, I have a very dear friend who used to live in this building. Unfortunately, he too has Parkinson's and took one too many falls. He no longer can live on his own and is now living in a 'round the clock care facility. I tried to call him last week and he is losing his speech. The saddest and most hideous thing about this disease like so many others is that the patient knows what the ultimate end is. I wish he lived closer. I would be able to visit him. :angel:
Yeah, it is sad that she knows where it leads. She is an M.D. But that's what I love about this photo. She really looks happy and like she is getting on with her life and not dwelling on the illness. Luckily she has a devoted husband and all three of her kids are at university. I'm not sure if the youngest is still living at home, the other two aren't, but live within easy public transit visiting.

Not only a smile, but a chuckle. Every once in a while I check the "Who's Online" page here. Just for S&Gs. And I laugh at the disparity between the number of members at the top of the list and the actual names that appear in the list itself. Now I understand why a Mod. would sign in "invisible" since they are much busier checking threads and tidying up after some of us - they need to get work done. And it's a tough job. But I laugh at the lurkers. For crying out loud, why hide? I know this was something that buckytom would tease about around here sometimes late at night (east-coast time anyway), but I think it's kinda funny too. As if we don't know you're here when you're "offline" but a post suddenly, miraculously appears to have been made by you! :LOL:

When I'm checking and posting from my phone I don't think it shows me as being logged in. I'm sure there are lurkers but some people may prefer to just see what is here without being social or may be posting from a device that doesn't show them as being on.

Actually p.a.g. I just looked after reading your post. You showed up as "Browsing via mobile browser". Another named member is also shown as that. I think if you aren't logged in or you aren't a member you show up as a guest. I don't mind if people know I'm here, although I suppose if you're on just to reply to a PM or maybe make something from a recipe it's easier to "hide". Different strokes for different folks I guess. ;)

I used to play in a different social forum and there were a few members who always signed in under a cloak of invisibility, but they were the kinds of posters who caused a bit of mayhem in the threads. Since we aren't allowed to talk politics or religion practically anything that could cause a disruption is off the table, so to speak. Somehow discussing the merits of dark red kidney beans vs light red hardly is worthy of a rumble. :LOL:

My reading with a psychic yesterday. I know a lot of you don't believe in it. But she was so dead on with too many things. I was amazed.

Actually p.a.g. I just looked after reading your post. You showed up as "Browsing via mobile browser". Another named member is also shown as that. I think if you aren't logged in or you aren't a member you show up as a guest. I don't mind if people know I'm here, although I suppose if you're on just to reply to a PM or maybe make something from a recipe it's easier to "hide". Different strokes for different folks I guess. ;)

I used to play in a different social forum and there were a few members who always signed in under a cloak of invisibility, but they were the kinds of posters who caused a bit of mayhem in the threads. Since we aren't allowed to talk politics or religion practically anything that could cause a disruption is off the table, so to speak. Somehow discussing the merits of dark red kidney beans vs light red hardly is worthy of a rumble. :LOL:

I can't even tell you how grateful I am that we aren't allowed to talk politics and religion here. Such a great rule! I personally usually prefer dark red kidney beans because they are slightly sweet, but there are definitely times when light red kidney beans are what I need. They both are really pretty colors.

Not only a smile, but a chuckle. Every once in a while I check the "Who's Online" page here. Just for S&Gs. And I laugh at the disparity between the number of members at the top of the list and the actual names that appear in the list itself. Now I understand why a Mod. would sign in "invisible" since they are much busier checking threads and tidying up after some of us - they need to get work done. And it's a tough job. But I laugh at the lurkers. For crying out loud, why hide? I know this was something that buckytom would tease about around here sometimes late at night (east-coast time anyway), but I think it's kinda funny too. As if we don't know you're here when you're "offline" but a post suddenly, miraculously appears to have been made by you! :LOL:

I use my iPhone 99% of the time, to play on DC....I am kinda illiterate when it comes to forums, so if I appear to be "lurking", I'm not, I'm just stupid ;) I get so busy reading what others have to say, that I sometimes don't get around to posting! Believe me if I posted every time I had a response, you guys would be sick to death of me! Lol! Now as for the real lurkers, yes why not join us?! Very good point CG!

Two of us leaning on a horse from opposite sides to get it to move over so we could muck out the stall. We couldn't see each other...finally figured it out when the horse kept looking right.

My reading with a psychic yesterday. I know a lot of you don't believe in it. But she was so dead on with too many things. I was amazed.

I dont normally believe in that kind of thing, but when they are that spot on, one could tend to think they are for real :)

The news I got yesterday from my SIL. My daughter's tumor has even shrunk more. Hope on the horizon. Will have a definitive answer in October. :angel:

As I have already said in another post, that is fabulous news about your daughter Ads, I am so happy for you all :)

Back
Top Bottom