Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sure made me happy this morning to give our great-grandson a ride out to the Humane Society, were he volunteers. He is only 8 years old but he loves to help them with the puppies and kittens.

I just got my Alert to what is on sale at my supermarket. Jumbo Lobsters for only $4.99 a pound. By the time I go shopping, the cost will be even less. See Me? I am doing my happy dance. All I had to do was be patient and wait for the glut to hit the market place. It always does at this time of year. :angel:

It sure made me happy this morning to give our great-grandson a ride out to the Humane Society, were he volunteers. He is only 8 years old but he loves to help them with the puppies and kittens.

With their small hands, they just love to pat and play with the little ones. :angel:

Addie: I wonder if you go on their web site, if it will tell the cost. I really enjoyed this gift from my kids. It was such a surprise. Jo

I just took a look at the site. $99 for the kit. Sorry, I can pick up the phone and call the tribal offices in Maine and get that information FREE. Or check the Census rolls for the tribe between the dates I am interested in. :angel:

My daughter dancing around the living room, singing Twinkle twinkle little star, who F do you think you are! It does makes me smile.

Fantastic - thank you - certainly made me smile this morning!

but uh uh... don't think the skunks will be afraid of the human smell next time they meet one LOL

One of my former students found me on FB, and told me that he and his brother would never had made it through HS without me. They were poor as churchmice, abject poverty, living in an 8x12 concrete building with a caring but poor dad, and now the boys are doing quite well, with good jobs! I am very proud of them both! They're both in their 30‘s now, and were definitely a handful when they were in HS.

Last edited:
One of my former students found me on FB, and told me that he and his brother would never had made it through HS without me. They were poor as churchmice, abject poverty, living in an 8x12 concrete building with a caring but poor dad, and now the boys are doing quite well, with good jobs! I am very proud of them both!

So cool, Dawg! DH keeps up with some of his former students. It's fun to see what they end up doing :)

now the boys are doing quite well, with good jobs! I am very proud of them both! They're both in their 30‘s now, and were definitely a handful when they were in HS.

Well obviously the "caring Dad" and their teacher did a good job! BIG CONGRATS to BOTH you and him!

So cool, Dawg! DH keeps up with some of his former students. It's fun to see what they end up doing :)

They were a handful! I had to confiscate their lighters and cigarettes every morning to keep them from getting kicked out of school, and they both enjoyed a good fist fight on occasion. They are now both responsible fathers, and have very good jobs!

Well obviously the "caring Dad" and their teacher did a good job! BIG CONGRATS to BOTH you and him!

Thanks! I was the school psychologist, but I did have to do a lot of tweaking with the teachers.

I'm very pleased with a lot of the kids who were high maintenance. They've gotten good jobs. It was worth it!

Last edited:
Dawg, your experience with those former students of yours reminds me of a favorite poster our daughter's guidance counselor (a wonderful one, too) had hanging in his office. I read "Those that can provide guidance do. Those that cannot, teach". He was a great guy, so the teachers at the school cut him a LOT of slack on that one.

Guidance counselor or school psychologist, both of those are tough jobs in the upper grades.

Dawg, your experience with those former students of yours reminds me of a favorite poster our daughter's guidance counselor (a wonderful one, too) had hanging in his office. I read "Those that can provide guidance do. Those that cannot, teach". He was a great guy, so the teachers at the school cut him a LOT of slack on that one.

Guidance counselor or school psychologist, both of those are tough jobs in the upper grades.

Teenagers are a blast! You need a lot of toys, a listening ear, and a willingness to stick up for them.

Teenagers are a blast! You need a lot of toys, a listening ear, and a willingness to stick up for them.
Is that what a guidance counsellor is supposed to do? At my hs we took aptitude tests and then went to see the g.c. to help choose a career. The man made some really annoying girlie suggestion. I asked if scoring at the 99th percentile for mechanical aptitude meant that I should look in that direction. No. It was 99th percentile for girls, so that didn't count. I mentioned that my score put me at 96th percentile for boys. Would he suggest that for a boy who scored at the 96th percentile? Why, yes, he would. So, what about me? No. You're a girl. Guess who was really ticked off and refused to ever see the g.c. again?

Is that what a guidance counsellor is supposed to do? At my hs we took aptitude tests and then went to see the g.c. to help choose a career.

Dawg was a school psychologist. These people help kids who have problems, whether social, emotional, etc. Guidance counselors are supposed to guide students into appropriate careers, but of course, not all of them are good at it. It sounds like you got a dud.

Dawg was a school psychologist. These people help kids who have problems, whether social, emotional, etc. Guidance counselors are supposed to guide students into appropriate careers, but of course, not all of them are good at it. It sounds like you got a dud.
I'm pretty sure we didn't have a school psychologist. "Problem kids" got sent to him for a "talking to". We were also told to go to him for personal or family problems, yeah, right.

Back
Top Bottom