Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting the call that they chose me for the accounts payable position at a really nice company. insurance, 401k, vacation, holiday!! Low money for now, but, will go up later, but, I don't care. I am happy to take less money for previous mentioned benefits and the nice people I will be working with and for!!

Stacy, I could not be happier for you! That is fantastic news. When do you start? Oh, girl, this is really a cause for celebration!

Getting the call that they chose me for the accounts payable position at a really nice company. insurance, 401k, vacation, holiday!! Low money for now, but, will go up later, but, I don't care. I am happy to take less money for previous mentioned benefits and the nice people I will be working with and for!!

No one deserves it more. What a good early birthday gift!

Aww, thank you guys!! I'm very excited. That was the first interview that I felt really comfortable in. Very nice people and the company is good. I'm not sure when I start yet, had to do a drug test today, no problem, and sign the background check, not a problem there either. I should know tomorrow or Thursday. I'm just happy to have a job again. I'm lonely at home by myself, lol

Aww, thank you guys!! I'm very excited. That was the first interview that I felt really comfortable in. Very nice people and the company is good. I'm not sure when I start yet, had to do a drug test today, no problem, and sign the background check, not a problem there either. I should know tomorrow or Thursday. I'm just happy to have a job again. I'm lonely at home by myself, lol

Congratulations. I am truly happy for you, and I don't even know ya!

The last thing that made me smile was something my husband said to me this morning.:heart:

Congratulations and jubilations for Texasgirl. That is so exciting - it has been a while so really glad they like you and you like them. Enjoy the job.

The best to you Stacy, Hope this is just what you want and need.

9.gif

kadesma

Thanks everyone. My mom's real birthday is November 8th but I had to schedule her party for the 12th. The Reid Project is a jazz and funk band. They sometimes do bawdy music but won't on my mom's birthday. It is a PG-13 kind of nursing home. lol

Going to physio today and being able to do all the exercises and machines today that I couldn't do on Thursday, but the main smile was when one of my physio therapists said as I was getting ready to go, "Laurie, you really kicked b***t today! You, know, I really did!:)

Going to physio today and being able to do all the exercises and machines today that I couldn't do on Thursday, but the main smile was when one of my physio therapists said as I was getting ready to go, "Laurie, you really kicked b***t today! You, know, I really did!:)

YAY LAURIE!!

img_718602_0_e27138d18da465dfba733977f0311fe9.jpg

well.... I had to move the car over in the driveway to make room for a friend who was coming over.
My neighbors 4 year old asked if she could go with me.
I said: "sweetie, I'm only going to move the car over a couple of feet in the driveway"
She said: "I wand to go wif you" (Lisp)
I said: "OKAY, get in. Now buckle up your seat belt"
I back up 5 feet and move the car over a few feet and turn off the engine.
She looks me in the eye and says: "Awe we Hewe? (are we here? Lisp)
I said: "Yes, woo hewe" (we're here)
I don't know why, that just cracked me up. I guess you had to be there.

ChefMaloney, reminds me of my grandmother going with my Dad every time he took a load to the dump! She didn't care where they were going, just wanted to "go with". Love your story!

Back
Top Bottom