Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine was when I came home and my daughter had all her homework done and shower done. She is a tween and nights just don't go this smooth all the time.

Mum

She is 95 yrs old, we took her some chicken soup the other day.

Mum commented "what to do, no matzo balls":LOL:

lots of smiles today as it was the halloween parade at my son's school, and also he was chosen as the student of the month of the first grade, for which he got a medal and certificate at a ceremony in front of the entire school.

i couldn't be more proud of him. i'll post a pic of him in his costume with his medal as soon as i can upload them.

lots of smiles today as it was the halloween parade at my son's school, and also he was chosen as the student of the month of the first grade, for which he got a medal and certificate at a ceremony in front of the entire school.

i couldn't be more proud of him. i'll post a pic of him in his costume with his medal as soon as i can upload them.
That's wonderful BT! Give him a big hug from us!

:)Barbara

Okay, something that made me smile last night (although not my last smile--that was at BT's news) was when I checked my email. I follow a few celebrities on Twitter (just for fun), along with family and friends, but not a lot of celebrities [understandably] follow me. The ones who do (only Arnold Schwarzenneger comes to mind) only follow me because I followed them first.

I had to smile last night though because Lee Meriwether (former Miss America, actress on Barnaby Jones, etc.) is now following me (and I wasn't following her--I am now). I know it's silly, but it did make me smile.

Ben Affleck doesn't follow me, but back when everyone could read everyone's "tweets," he did respond to me a few times. Definitely a nice guy. :cool:

Last edited:
I spent the morning with a very sweet young lady (almost 15) who very suddenly "adopted me" as her mentor. We decorated the cupcakes we made on Wednesday for a Harvest Festival her sister is putting on at the church. There were many smiles involved but I think the best was when she said matter of factually "I think you picked the right person for the job.....I am very artistic!" I know you had to be there, but it wasn't anything to do with ego - she just has a confidence about her artistic abilities! I loved it! Oh, and they turned out well (I will post a picture)

I exchange e-mails with a few Science Fiction authors...I love getting them.:)
Very cool! Years ago, before he became quite as well known, I wrote to Stephen King about a couple of his books, and he sent a handwritten postcard in return. I wish I had kept them now! Actually, they are probably in a drawer somewhere in my dad's house. The last time I wrote, he was very popular and he didn't write back.

I entered a contest that Lisa Scottoline had a few years ago (We had to send in a lawyer joke--we didn't even have to write it. Instead of one, she ended up picking five, including mine (she was a lawyer, btw). Our jokes went into "The Vendetta Defense," and we five got an autographed hardcover copy of "The Vendetta Defense" and paperbacks of all her books up to that point.) She and I corresponded now and then by email.

P.S. The joke I sent her was one I had found online: What's the difference between a pittbull and a woman lawyer?

A: Lipstick.

Very cool! Years ago, before he became quite as well known, I wrote to Stephen King about a couple of his books, and he sent a handwritten postcard in return. I wish I had kept them now! Actually, they are probably in a drawer somewhere in my dad's house. The last time I wrote, he was very popular and he didn't write back.

I entered a contest that Lisa Scottoline had a few years ago (We had to send in a lawyer joke--we didn't even have to write it. Instead of one, she ended up picking five, including mine (she was a lawyer, btw). Our jokes went into "The Vendetta Defense," and we five got an autographed hardcover copy of "The Vendetta Defense" and paperbacks of all her books up to that point.) She and I corresponded now and then by email.

P.S. The joke I sent her was one I had found online: What's the difference between a pittbull and a woman lawyer?

A: Lipstick.

I remember that joke in the book! :LOL:

I e-mail with Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Rachael Caine. Others have come and gone, but these three always see fit to write me back. Pratchett in particular, was very supportive of me when I went to college, he was one of my greatest supporters besides Shrek and my Parents.

I remember that joke in the book! :LOL:

I e-mail with Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Rachael Caine. Others have come and gone, but these three always see fit to write me back. Pratchett in particular, was very supportive of me when I went to college, he was one of my greatest supporters besides Shrek and my Parents.
That's really great! What I love (and hate) about people is that people are people. LOL It doesn't matter who we are, how much money we have, where we live--we are all just people.

talked to my daughter tonight. she has met a really nice man. she was very positive about him. she is really picky. she is fifty years old and she been single and has provided for herself and daughter for twenty years. made me smile big time. hope he proves to be all she thinks he is.

talked to my daughter tonight. she has met a really nice man. she was very positive about him. she is really picky. she is fifty years old and she been single and has provided for herself and daughter for twenty years. made me smile big time. hope he proves to be all she thinks he is.
I hope so too Babe. I was 43 and had been divorced about 20 years when I met James.

Back
Top Bottom