Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
went shopping yesterday with granddaughter and two great granddaughters. lilly the youngest one was crabby for a nap. her mom went into a store to take back shoes. i stayed in van with girls. lilly was crying big time. i played this little piggy and creepy mouse, had her smiling and laughing when mom came out. she isn't two yet and just a beautiful girl. made me smile that i could make her smile. guess i haven't lost my touch with babies. good day

Each time, on no matter what thread, I see Taxlady's fretful little girl picture, I smile -- it's just so darned cute!

i bought yankee tickets for the game in May on my side of the US...felt so good because there was something to hope for after all of this medical crap i've been through and will be going through for just a little more.
powderpuff.gif

Realizing that I am now the grandma of a teenager (as of yesterday) made me gasp, then smile. :D

This note makes me smile!

Ha! They are getting older, not much you can do about it but sit back and enjoy! I was floored when I realized Lacey was 22 and in college. And now I have a Grand Daughter-In-Law!!!

My sweetheart did it again.

I was out all day yesterday running errands, appointments, etc. When I arrived home, one side of the kitchen sink was full of three kinds of daffodils. Big ones, little ones, white ones.....

Glenn had gone out on the Harley to run some errands, too, and noticed a hillside covered with the beautiful flowers. He said he didn't want to stop on the bike to get them because they'd be ruined in the saddlebags, so he came home, got the truck and went back and picked them for me.

There are now two huge vases filled to exploding with those lovely blossoms. What a treat!!!!!

The last bouquet he picked for me lasted for a week. I'll bet these do, too. He's such a sweetheart. He always keeps me smiling.

My sweetheart did it again.

I was out all day yesterday running errands, appointments, etc. When I arrived home, one side of the kitchen sink was full of three kinds of daffodils. Big ones, little ones, white ones.....

Glenn had gone out on the Harley to run some errands, too, and noticed a hillside covered with the beautiful flowers. He said he didn't want to stop on the bike to get them because they'd be ruined in the saddlebags, so he came home, got the truck and went back and picked them for me.

There are now two huge vases filled to exploding with those lovely blossoms. What a treat!!!!!

The last bouquet he picked for me lasted for a week. I'll bet these do, too. He's such a sweetheart. He always keeps me smiling.

That just warms the heart cockles! Lucky girl! And lucky guy who's really appreciated.

When I got to work this morning, one of the Nurses Assistant's had her new puppy with her, a Basset Hound. I just sat on the floor and petted him and played with his ears, they were so huge! Such a cute puppy and he's going to be big when he gets older.

A bit later, a co-worker invited me to go see her new Grandbaby and she let me hold him. Yes, I was a mess, oohing and gooing all over him. He tolerated it well and slept through me holding him.

Lunch was provided by an Insulin company, we had a really nice spread from The Mustard Seed, Asian-American Fusion. I'm totally overjoyed with Chicken Osaka.

Had a great day!

lol, i don't know whay that strikes me as funny, oh princess.

did the baby have big ears too?

did they serve lots of oranges and candy bars for lunch?

lol, sorry, i'm a bit crispy right now from lack of food and sleep.

lol, i don't know whay that strikes me as funny, oh princess.

did the baby have big ears too?

did they serve lots of oranges and candy bars for lunch?

lol, sorry, i'm a bit crispy right now from lack of food and sleep.

I almost cracked a joke about the baby's ears...:LOL: I reined myself in!:ohmy:

Beef and broccoli with rice and Chicken Osaka with noodles...not a candy bar or orange to be seen. That's okay, the Bake sale was open in the room next door.:pig:

I bet you wish someone would feed you and send you to bed! Glad my smiles were contagious!:)

another great grandchild story. my oldest one, aubrey, is in pre school we were dropping her off today. as she got out of the car, she said " grandma, i am going to draw you another picture for you fridg." my kiddles always make me smile.

annie, i couldn't find the story in the link.

babe, your fridge is an art gallery far greater than those here in soho. truely!

my smile today was two-fold. firstly, it's from the relief that a boy with lots of problems who's been bullying my son (my boy actually can kick this kid's butt since he's much bigger and has summarily just tossed him aside when it gets to be too much, but the kid is so messed up that he keeps coming back for more), but today after some intervention by dw we found out that this boy is finally going to be sent to another school for help. the amazing part is somehow she managed to remain friends with this kids mom. i wish she used that kind of diplomacy with me, lol.

secondly and more importantly, we also found out that the school has recommended that our son be put in classes for gifted children.

to quote martin and lewis, that's my boy!!!!

BuckyTom-I edited the post to include the link to CBS news site who originally aired the story. There is a place to click for the video.

ok, got it. that was very sweet annie, thanks. great story.

but the editor shoulda left out the brow beating at the end.

My silly "big" smiles from today came in the form that my 2 fav's from American Idol were saved. Does it even count that I voted for 2 hours straight for both of them? LOL
Also, perhaps even firstly, I got informed that my DD is STILL the highest-ranking 3rd-grader in her school for her AR(accelerated reading) points for her grade...which, is QUITE an honor. As it stands, she is quite likely & able to win the yearly award for this alone. (It is QUITE an accomplishment...Lord knows...I spend HUNDREDS of $$$ for new books for her to devour)!! Proud Mama here!! YAY!!

I am smiling at all of you! These stories are so special.

I am also smiling for another reason. Our Vancouver Canucks just won the President's Trophy as the top team in the NHL!!!!! No, it isn't the Stanley Cup, but at least we will have home ice advantage for how ever many series we are in. Yay Canucks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom