Along with ISO, REC, TNT, how about Thank You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
A quick thank you to those who have answered your question or searched high and low to find you an answer is VERY much appreciated. When a request or question is posted surely it is not a huge sacrifice to say thank you to those who tried to answer your question. If your question wasn't exactly answered then try to clarify it and everyone will try again, I'm sure. Those that did the searching then know they didn't search for someone who 1) never came back to check or 2) more or less expected everyone to find their answer with no appreciation of it.

This may seem like a petty thing - except to those who did, sometimes hours, worth of searching.

:flowers: Thanks

P.S.

ISO = in search of (when you are searching for a recipe

REC = REC at the beginning of your post, i.e., REC Chicken Pot Pie, tells everyone that you posted a recipe for chicken pot pie versus ISO Chicken Pot Pie

TNT = Tried N True lets everyone know you have tried this recipe and more or less think it's good :)

Last edited:
if i ask and somebody replies i always make it a point to say thank you.2 simple words, that aren't hard to say. and it's just common courtesy.

Thanks, elf. Some of us are ignorant of computer protocol and etiquette. I do try to get back to those who ask and help, but I'm not a true computer-phile, and don't go on line every day. I also still (I live in a very small town) have a very slow dial-up service, so get frustrated. But I agree; and I love it when folk contact me personally.

Thanks Kitchenelf!!! This is some great advice. It is something everyone can benefit from and not only on this site :)

Back
Top Bottom