Any TV dinners worth talking about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgevan

Senior Cook
tv dinners are probably almost a curse word to some people on this board. TV dinners used to be terrible when they first came out but I have heard that they have improved. I haven't had one in years but am wondering if there are any that are edible

If by TV dinner you mean one container with meat, potatoes, veggie and dessert all in one, I have no clue. Do they even still make them?

However, there are a number of frozen entrees that are quite tasty. For example, Stouffers mac and cheese is very good.

I have eaten many TV dinners in my day. Stouffer's Lasagna is pretty good. Hungry Man fried chicken is pretty good. Just about anything from Swan's trucks are pretty good.

Spaghetti and either meat sauce, or meatballs are better than the canned varieties. The Mexican, and Asian equivalents are pretty tasty.

Stouffer's Roast Turkey, and Roast Beef, family size, with gravy are tasty. I like both TV dinner Salisbury Steak, and Meatloaf.

Chicken Alfredo, Chili bowls, Orange chicken, Kung pow chicken, Hungry Man Roasted Carved Turkey Dinner with dressing, Amy's Pot Pies, Cornish pasties, if you can find them, are great from the grocers.

Most TV dinners have a tasty desert. You just have to make sure the desert is cooked completely.

Both Healthy Choice, and Hormel Completes are Pretty good brands as well.

Whe the mood strikes me, Swanson, or Banquet pot pies can be just the comfort food I'm looking for. I like the turkey, or beef best, unless we're talking about the desert potpies. Then, it's apple, or peach.

TV dinners are better than they used to be, with much more variety available. They're still not gourmet grub, but will provide a tasty, quick meal. Myself, I'd rather have a great couple of high quality hot dogs, or kielbasa, simmered in VanCamp's pork & Beans, either as is, or with a touch of either chilii powder, or BBQ sauce mixed in. It's faster, and just plain yummy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Just finished a Stouffers cheese and macaroni and Salisbury steak. Not bad. Good in a occasional pinch in time.

There was one that I liked, but there's no way I could remember what it was, being back in the 60s! :LOL:

I'm sure they make them better now, esp. the methods for storage, and quick freezing. The things I have in the freezer for easy dinners are the one dish meals I freeze portions of - I always transfer them to ceramic dishes, and nuke them, but slowly.

Back
Top Bottom