Anyone ever try an apple-stuffed porkchop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jared_mizanin

Assistant Cook
I'm looking into doing an apple-stuffed porkchop...maybe cut a pocket into a 1" thick chop and stuff away. I was considering grilling it outdoors and maybe topping with a cider reduction. But I was curious what you have all tried...what exactly you stuffed it with, topped it with (if anything) and what you served as a side. It sounds fun...and tasty!

In the fall I have made stuffing that included chopped apple, apple sauce or apple cider.

The stuffing itself was just a basic stuffing with bread, onion, celery, butter, poultry seasoning, a raw egg or two some stock or cider and or the apple.

The sauce/gravy was a basic pork gravy. You could make the gravy using cider instead of stock or water.

A shot of cognac or Calvados wouldn't hurt any! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Sides for me would be Brussel's sprouts, mashed potatoes and maybe some roasted butternut squash or cabbage salad.

Last edited:
I make an apple based stuffing. Never tried just apples.

I make an apple based stuffing. Never tried just apples.
In the Normandy region of France where they grow apples (and male cider and calvados) they have lots of recipes involving pork and apples. The apples are often added to the sauce in casseroles towards the end of the cooking time.

Pork and apples were invented for each other. In Britain we often eat apple sauce (either sweetened or not according to the cook's choice) with roast pork, chops, etc.

My grandmother was a farmer's daughter and in autumn just before the pigs were killed, they used to turn them out in the orchard to forage for the windfall apples. They thought it improved the flavour of the meat.

Which reminds me, I need to go and pick up windfalls from the garden to take to the stables. My horse loves them. The ones still on the trees and ready to pick are going into (sweet) mincemeat for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom