Anyone make tea out of leftover fresh herbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janetGood

Cook
If you do what kind of herbs do you use?
I made some tea out of some fresh mint and lemon it was pretty good so i thought maybe other people might be doing the same thing.

I make ginger tea almost every night.
Just grate up some ginger, put it in a tea ball (or strain to serve), pour boiling water over and add honey to taste.

I used to drink a lot of herbal teas but got out of the habit for some reason. I have an aunt who knows what every herb is for and mixes up concoctions depending on how she feels or what health benefit she feels she needs to suppliment anything missing in her diet that day.

Here is an interesting site that has a list of herbs and spices used in herbal teas, and their health benefits.

Thanks for the info

I will try the ginger i usually have ginger and have not thought to make it into tea. and i will check out the link, thank's;)

Rosemary and some fresh lemon. its fresh tasting and brilliant for clean smelling breath! That's my most common, but yes, we make infusians of fresh herbs regularly.

Hello Janet

Yes, I occasionally make tea, out of fresh mint, when I have it. And the lemon idea of yours sounds like a nice touch, so next time I have both fresh mint and lemon, in the house...

Mel

I love to make tea with freshly powdered cardamom. I make tea Indian style (called Chai).

Use good quality loose black tea to make it. Bring water to a boil, add tea, add milk, some sugar if you like it sweet. Add 1 tsp of freshly ground cardamom seeds and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

Tastes really good on a cold evening.

Some of the herbal teas I make daily are mint with honey, lemon grass with lipton, olive leaf with sage, peppermint with mountain tea, Occasionally ginger tea, and tilia for stomach ailments and some other concoctions for cold, flu etc.

thanks again

I didn't think to make tea out of many of the things people wrote about, i tried fresh ginger today that one is good and cannot wait to see what the others taste like. I think i can get everything here except the olive leaves.

Back
Top Bottom