Aquafaba?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only used the "juice" from canned chickpeas, never from dry that I cooked off. It does work. My Dad wasn't able to tell the difference...but he's 88 and his taste buds are failing. I figure he thought it looked like whipped cream, thought it was.

I came across an article that says that aquafaba is very unhealthy. I'm not putting much, if any, weight to that opinion, because there was no science and it sounded mostly like "woo". The only thing that has me wondering is the question about why we haven't done this before. We have been using chick peas for at least 5,500 years. If it was a good idea, wouldn't someone have noticed before? Is there some problem that we are missing?

I came across an article that says that aquafaba is very unhealthy. I'm not putting much, if any, weight to that opinion, because there was no science and it sounded mostly like "woo". The only thing that has me wondering is the question about why we haven't done this before. We have been using chick peas for at least 5,500 years. If it was a good idea, wouldn't someone have noticed before? Is there some problem that we are missing?

Taxlady, Don't you think after 5½ thousand years somebody would have said whut the heck is woo? :LOL:

I assume it's for people who have no choice. A friend tried it for her allergic kids and I guess it was awful because the next thing I knew, she was giving away a case of canned chickpeas.

Back
Top Bottom