Availability of products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
We don’t really have a separate forum for this, but since there are some questions in this forum about locating things I decided to post here.

I was reading Bell’s Stuffing thread and that is what made me think about this. For example, here in MN we cannot get Pepperidge farm turnovers with raspberry or peach stuffing, only apple. My in-laws live in CA and they have all 3 kinds there. What’s with that? I e-mailed company several times, but nothing happened. It sucks.

It might be the store's decision. They may order only apple because the other flavors don't sell.

I wasnt able to find Tostitos Gold tortilla chips at out local store. I loved them super heafty chip, great for dippin. When I say the chip guy I asked and he said they quit making them, but to call the 800 number on the bag. They bring stuff back when people inquire he said. Might work for you to call Pepperidge farm and tell them to ship the stuff your way!

I hate to say it but check Amazon. I LOVE Grandma Brown's Baked Beans but they are only avaialble in NY State and the immediate surrounding area (not here in Maryland). One day for some reason I decided to search Amazon and there were 3 places I could get them from. Now when I run out of the ones Mom brings when she visits, I can order them and not have to wait 6 months for her next visit.

It might be the store's decision. They may order only apple because the other flavors don't sell.
First step, ask your store to stock it. You might be surprised, and it's quite the ego boost when they take up your suggestion. But, in general, yeah, product availability is a bummer, since finite shelving real estate is not a legitimate excuse when an entire aisle is devoted to boxed breakfast cereals. Next step, it's a good bet there's a store somewhere nearby that does sell what I'm looking for (even chain supermarkets have different inventories store-to-store), so I keep my shopping habits, and my eyes, open.

It's poor consolation, but scarcity of products reminds me that I am not average, that my palate is unique.

We don’t really have a separate forum for this, but since there are some questions in this forum about locating things I decided to post here.

I was reading Bell’s Stuffing thread and that is what made me think about this. For example, here in MN we cannot get Pepperidge farm turnovers with raspberry or peach stuffing, only apple. My in-laws live in CA and they have all 3 kinds there. What’s with that? I e-mailed company several times, but nothing happened. It sucks.

Probably the stores decision not to carry the product...did you try asking the manager or person doing the ordering??

Buy it direct

I love eating Nature's Path Organic Peanut Butter Granola cereal. RALEY'S Supermarket used to carry it but stopped with the peanut butter scare.

Several months passed and I contacted Nature's Path to see when this delicious cereal would be available again. They informed me that the cereal was in stores across the USA.

So, I asked the RALEY'S manager if they would start stocking this cereal again and they said yes they would. A month passed by and they had not added the peanut butter granola cereal to their shelves.

No other supermarket in our area carries that cereal.

I now buy cases of this granola cereal from Nature's Path. I get free shipping because I buy two cases each time I order.

Believe me, this cereal is worth the extra effort. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom