Baked Chicken Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fred montana

Assistant Cook
I made up a couple of quarts of chicken stock. I would like to prepare a sauce from the stock useing fresh thyme, rosemary, garlic and perhaps some white wine to go over some baked chickens i plan to serve this weekend. If anyone has any advise on how to do this or advise that this is a bad idea please pass it along. I am trying to come up with something other than the cream mushroom type sauces. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'd probably start by sauteing some onion in butter until softened. Add the garlic until fragrant., add the herbs. Add some flour, maybe a couple Tbsps, and cook out the raw flour taste, basically making a roux. Add the wine stirring in well and cooking for a few minutes, then the warm stock, a little at a time until you get the consistency you want for the sauce, stirring often. Personally, I would add some rubbed sage or poultry seasoning as well.

Hope this helps and welcome to DC!

Don't forget to use he chicken drippings and fond. That's where all the flavor is.

You can use Craig's excellent suggestion but instead of the butter cook the onions right in the pan you cooked the chicken in.

After adding the wine make sure you scrape up all the carmelized fond sonthat it dissolves in the liquid.

If you don't want a gravy consistency then omit the flour/roux part and pour off most of the fat before cooking the onions and reduce by simmering to desired consistency

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom