Baking question: Storing dough overnight after 1st rise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macgyver1968

Senior Cook
I asked this in the church food thread, but I thought I'd ask here. My mom's Sunday school class is having a breakfast for 80. My Mom is one of the several people who will be bringing food. She asked me if I would make my stuffed crescent rolls.

After making the dough, it goes through a 1st rise. Then you punch out the dough, roll it out into 12" circles, then cut the circles like pizza, and roll up the triangles from the wide end. I place a small piece of ham and cheese on the triangle before rolling. (I'm also going to do a spinach and ricotta cheese stuffing) Then they go through a 2nd rising, and then baking.

I'd like to do the dough making, 1st rise, rolling and stuffing of the rolls on Saturday night, so all I have to do on Sunday morning is pull out the dough, do the 2nd rise, and bake.

Can I put them in the freezer or refrigerator to accomplish this? Any suggestions? Maybe store the cut, unrolled triangles instead of the formed, stuffed rolls?

cresent%20roll.jpg

Last edited:
I think I would almost finish them (slightly under baked) and then finish them the morning of the event. If you want them to be very nice, try a small batch before the event to see which method works the best.

I thought it was this weekend, but turns out, it's next month....so trying a test batch won't be a problem....I'm sure I can find some people to eat them. :)

Back
Top Bottom